Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Glen Campbell

edited August 2017 in Not Sports Related
Died today, aged 81. 'Wichita Lineman' and 'Southern Nights' are tunes.

Comments

• Rhinestone Cowboy.
  • Very sad news. He was very talented - underrated as a guitarist. RIP.
  • Great song writer and guitarist

RIP
  • Suffered from dementia. Great voice.
  • Great artist. RIP
  • Very Sad. RIP and Thanks
  • A fantastic artist.
    RIP Glen Campbell
  • Very, very sad - the soundtrack of my childhood - could see things werent right a few years ago when he bounded on stage at the Calgary Folk Fest with a big cheery HELLO EDMONTON - he seemed a bit muddled and flustered that night & a few months after the disease was diagnosed - was happy to get the chance to see a TRUE LEGEND
  • Oh, that is sad sad news

Gentle on my mind is just perfect.

RIP
  • A Better Place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoyed his last album 'Adios' a great singer and guitarist.
    Played a good roll in the film True Grit with John Wayne.
    RIP Glen.
  • Shame. I'm not massively into country, but always have time for Glen Campbell
  • RIP. What an artist.
  • RIP - what a class act he was .
  • No Country fan, but Glen was a talent and such a distinct voice. RIP.
  • RIP .Really regret not seeing him live in his last tour a few years ago .
  • Richard J said:

RIP .Really regret not seeing him live in his last tour a few years ago .

I was there and really glad I got to see him. He was already loosing it but still put on a great gig.

Wichita Lineman one of my all time favourites.

Sad Sad loss.

R I P Glen.
  • Sad news, a great singer who did some classic stuff, and was an ace guitarist as well.
    RIP Cowboy
  • Loved Billy Connoll's quip.
    Glen Campbell? Where I come from that's a place!
    Bye Glen, thanks for the music. An underrated part of pop history.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Glen a great class act loved your music. You were a by all accounts a very nice man too.
  • Genuine fan since I was a young kid

RIP
  • RIP Glen
  • Huge talent......his legacy will be several really smooth and wonderfully performed massive hits that will undoubtedly stand the test of time.
    RIP....Glen....RIP.
  • RIP.

I didn't realise how prolific a session musician he'd been before making it in his own right until I watched "The Wrecking Crew" on Netflix a few weeks ago. Worth a look, music fans.
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2017
    RIP

Big fan of Glen Campbell, grew up listening to my dad's eight track albums.

• Watched the Grammy winning documentary 'I'll be me' recently. It follows Campbell on tour as he (and his family) wrestle with his condition. Very lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and daughter, who really took care of him. The film is still available on Sky Arts.

RIP Glen, music legend.
  • RIP Glen. Some seriously good music back there. I'm not a country fan but he wrote a lot of stuff I love. The dementia is sad, but he made a lot of people happy.
  • Very sad. T'was a good entertainer and actor, as well. RIP 'The linesman for Notts County'