Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter vs Charlton League Cup 1st Round: Post match views

Well how about that, we've won a league cup tie.....

Keen to hear from any of the 308 that made the trip. AFKA has said he will stay up for as long as it takes tonight and put in bold, anyone's views who attended. So regardless of how what time any of you get back, 2am, 3am get your views up and he'll highlight them.....

Comments

• From the sounds of it, everyone up front put in quite the shift. Watt sounded much livelier even though he seemed to fade in the second half. RHC and KAG will be one heck of a strike partnership in the future. And with names like that a decent rap duo
  • When's the draw for the next round?
  • cafc4life said:

Roll on Plymouth away , a team who conceded 5 tonight .

I doubt it was their first team?
  • Good result again. Extra time going on in six other ties so got no idea where the straight to penalties was coming from.
  • Sponsored links:

• Belated thanks to @seth plum and others for the match thread.

Good win but we sorely need another striker. TWWW is not that man.

The red card was disappointing. We just have to get our discipline under control. Apart from anything else, our squad is too thin to cope well with too many suspensions.

25 shots, 7 on target (28% accuracy), 2 goals (1 via deflection).

Clinical in front of goal.

Still, we won a cup game ... which is almost as rare as rocking horse poo.
  • Can i just say bristol won 5-0 today..
    Does this say something about our defense?
  • Great result wth our second string, winning is a habit....

Roll on Saturday
  • edited August 2017
    Great result. 20 on at 3-1 to win. Thanks to covered-end tip.
  • Great result. If for no other reason than it gives the squad players a competitive game, and a chance to push for first team spot.
  • Get in, I had draw at half time and a charlton win, footy bets are going well so far this season :smile:

Was it a straight red? Another player out for 3 games is it?
  • How did Watt perform tonight ?
  • Sounds like Phillips had a good game
  • Sponsored links:

• I bet KR is feeling bittersweet about this one. Again a win, but again a sending off. Although others are going to get bit of game time, it unsettles the team and consistency is the key to a run up the table. Very happy with another win, wherever against whoever.
  • Davo55 said:

Belated thanks to @seth plum and others for the match thread.

Good win but we sorely need another striker. TWWW is not that man.

The red card was disappointing. We just have to get our discipline under control. Apart from anything else, our squad is too thin to cope well with too many suspensions.

We made 11 changes from Saturday and still fielded a very solid team. I don't know how many more senior players we can get. One in one out for Watt perhaps, goalkeeper in Phillips on loan, but I think anything else risks stunting the growth of the good crop of young players who seem just about ready to make the step up (Dijksteel, Charles-Cook, KAG, RHF, Barnes).
  • When's the draw for the next round?

Thursday 10pm ish after bury v sunderland
  • edited August 2017
    A great result considering the lineup and excellent to hear that a number of players looked motivated to take their chance to show what they can do. This has very much not always been the case.

Hard to tell for sure from the commentary but sounded like the three best players on the pitch were KAG, RCC and Willy Iron. Very encouraging and suggests a few youngsters are ready to step up and be proper senior squad members although some shooting practice may be in order.
  • How did Watt perform tonight ?

Commentator said he was decent first half but very quiet in the second.
  • Plymouth was the reference. Next.
  • Bristol Rovers put four past Cambridge tonight.