Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thames Clipper - Free Trial Service from Gravesend - Canary Wharf - Embankment (Sept 11th - 14th)

edited August 2017 in Not Sports Related
Anyone from the Southeastern Train Disruption thread who travels in to London from Gravesend, might want to give this a try.

Thames Clippers are running a free service for 4 days in September (Monday 11th - Thursday 14th) from Gravesend Town Pier (7.15am) to Canary Wharf (8.02am) and Embankment (8.25am). Return journey starts from Embankment at 5.40pm.

https://www.thamesclippers.com/offers/detail/gravesend

All they ask is that you book in advance and answer a questionnaire.

I've regularly used to/from Royal Arsenal and then between work meets from Canary Wharf to Blackfiars/Embankment. Great service and a damn sight more civilised than coaches/trains...the bar is an added bonus!! :-)

Comments

• P.S. Apologies. I appreciate that this isn't a train service, so many of you may be having palpitations at the suggestion!! :wink:
  • I would be interested if they are stopping off at Dartford on the way to London? Will they be going from gravesend straight to woolwich arsenal?
  • Great way to commute. Used to do it from Woolwich every day
  • If I slipped the cap'n a score, could he divert up the Quaggy?
  • If I slipped the cap'n a score, could he divert up the Quaggy?

cue Mehmet.
  • Great service, especially if you travel half price!
    Greenwich to town is a nice schlepp with a bit of variety if travelling up midweek middle of the day.
  • I would be interested if they are stopping off at Dartford on the way to London? Will they be going from gravesend straight to woolwich arsenal?

In the link that was posted it said no. It's going from Gravesend to Can Wharf, Tower, Blackfriars, Embankment.
  • edited August 2017
    Curb_It said:

I would be interested if they are stopping off at Dartford on the way to London? Will they be going from gravesend straight to woolwich arsenal?

In the link that was posted it said no. It's going from Gravesend to Can Wharf, Tower, Blackfriars, Embankment.
    And Dartford isn't really on the Thames either, as the riverside area is a long way from the main part of town