Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson: "Fans have their Charlton back."

He said this after the game. Am I the only one offended by that?

Comments

• He doesn;t understand what it means.

Which tells me a lot.
  • He probably spends his spare time on another Forum and thinks having our Charlton back means commitment to the shirt.
  • One swallow doesn't make a summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice of him to say but I doubt he knows exactly what he is saying, especially after one game. Might be a little premature there Karl, but I hope you know something most of us don't.
    For me, having Charlton back, means being competitive and not this far down the leagues.
  • Back it's never gone anywhere for me
  • It means us all pulling together in an upwards direction - definitely premature but a good aspiration for Karl to have - but he has to appreciate it can only be an aspiration until it actually happens. What we have at this moment, is a significantly better squad than we had last season but still containing some gaps. Promotion is a possibilty though - that can't be argued. But we still have an owner who at best takes no interest in us and at worst insults us and a CEO who is out of her depth - We have lost thousands of fans and we are still in League One- we are a long way from getting our Charlton back.
  • edited August 2017

KR has watched his team pull off a great result and some of you nit pick over one comment that he makes, maybe for some supporters they do have their Charlton back.

Well put.

Also, despite my earlier cynical comment I'm glad that the reactions thus far haven't been too over the top and that people seemingly understand what he was trying to say, even if it was inarticulate, naive, and inaccurate.
  • Had for the first time on Saturday wondered if there was more to this man than I had previously imagined.

Then he comes out with this after one good result.

Idiot.
  • KR has watched his team pull off a great result and some of you nit pick over one comment that he makes, maybe for some supporters they do have their Charlton back.

Pretty big comment though, after the first game against one of the lesser European giants.
  • Sponsored links:

• KR has watched his team pull off a great result and some of you nit pick over one comment that he makes, maybe for some supporters they do have their Charlton back.

Probably the ones that never acknowledged they were in danger of losing it in the first place.....

....and have always believed that Roland was the Messiah .

Yeah, right.
    oh Fanny that is so wrong, I could say more but as I wasn't there on Saturday and only listened to the commentary I am probably not in the best place to argue the point.
  • @MuttleyCAFC post is illustrative of the chasm between Powell and Robinson. Powell knew everything that we had gone through as Addicks because he had been there with us on our rise and seen the fall. He'd earned the right to tell us we were heading back in the right direction and understood implicitly what 'our' Charlton means to us.

Robinson's nowhere near in a position to tell us what we should be feeling about the club at the moment. Maybe it was just an off the cuff, silly remark as he's wont to making all too regularly but he needs to learn to shut up, keep out of the dispute with RD, win matches and more than anything let his football do the talking.

Powell also said those words on the promtimf of the fans. If I remember correctly.