Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STTV to be sold ? 20/25% sold, will he sell the rest ?

Comments

• done out of spite to prevent further protests
  • Valley Floyd Road, his only desire...
  • This couldn't be a downsizing exercise as the forerunner to, C A(ussies) FC next.........could it ? :open_mouth: .
  • Next step towards the end of the network and Roland's involvement in football? Hope we're next...

Anyone able to get a translation? Can't get it working through my phone.
  • Maybe he has fallen out with football and realised he actually wanted to have the best network of dance clubs in Europe. I wish him well in this venture.
  • "Now we have to wonder whether the Japanese will buy the whole thing or just the club and rent the ground."

Can't think what would give the fans that idea.
  • edited August 2017
    Wow - has to be a positive development, are they being bought by DMM.com or is that an issue with translation ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

I don't profess to remotely understand what is going on but my gut feeling is that this all looks like good news.

What is more - on a purely human level - it appears that Roland has - contrary to all expectations and his reservations about cultural differences - learnt to commune with people from Asia. Well, good for him.

All rumour and supposition so far but the portents are looking a little more optimistic than in the past - especially as we are only a weeny 1.5% of the great man's interests.

My first thought as well. I think there is a fair case to be made that he is at least willing to get out of the football ownership game.

That said, and we know the club has been up for sale for a little bit now (a few months pressumably which is nothing in most football takeover terms), the question is "is there anyone out there willing to meet his valuation for us AND buy The Valley and Sparrow Lane?" I think that is a huge stumbling block.

Nonetheless, I think everything from the manager to the team to the prospects of a sale look much better now than they did this time last year, or even six months ago.

Given all this hope, I fully expect it all to end in (figurative) flames.
  • Big news, considering this mob has always been his 'baby' - very surprised that he's selling
  • T.C.E said:

Rumours circulating the new owners want to turn STTV into a football club.

Where will the Limburgers go to dance on a Saturday night?

Perhaps if we're vinegar pissers, the STVV supporters are cheese eaters? http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1189310/Who-Done-It-Movie-Clip-One-Limburger-Cheese-Sandwich-.html
  • Does no one else find it strange that he moved some assets (ceballos, tex, igor etc) there before then immediately selling it?!

There is definitely something to this
  • Does no one else find it strange that he moved some assets (ceballos, tex, igor etc) there before then immediately selling it?!

Does no one else find it strange that he moved some assets (ceballos, tex, igor etc) there before then immediately selling it?!

Perhaps it was a pre-condition of the sale by the buyers? That would be a sensible move for them and of little consequence to the seller. Moving chess pieces is a lot different than moving your kids out/around
  • Sponsored links:

• He is selling STTV? Only the German lot, the Spanish mob and the Hungarian crew to go then we definitely know we are his priority.
  • RanTooFar said:

Does no one else find it strange that he moved some assets (ceballos, tex, igor etc) there before then immediately selling it?!

There is definitely something to this
    Is that speaking with some knowledge or just on a hunch (I don't think it's a bad hunch at all, just wondering).

Same reason we're still signing players - the club is worth quite a bit less if there is a poor squad and the club is bottom of the league?
  • Clearly to fund our push to the Premier League
    Thank you Roland <3
  • edited August 2017
    J BLOCK said:

Big news, considering this mob has always been his 'baby' - very surprised that he's selling

I don't believe NV STVV was ever Duchâtelet's baby, only a convenient means for him to acquire some significant real estate and then keep STVV poor.

On the other hand NV Stayen might be considered his baby, but of course he is likely to keep hold of that concern.
  • I think he must now realise that his cunning plan was worthy of Baldrick! That seemed to be the reason for aquiring clubs so what is the point now? He has already indicated he pretty much has no interest in us!
  • So he would never sell out to foreigners like the Chinese, because they do not know about European football, but obviously the Japanese do
  • Dmm.com

BOGOF Roland.