Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poll of the week: Tony Watt, keep or move on?

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
I appreciate we have a few threads on this already, but it would be good to see what the numbers are saying. Do you want to keep him, or is his time up?

Poll of the week: Tony Watt, keep or move on? 413 votes

Keep
36% 151 votes
Move on
63% 262 votes

Comments

• i love tony watt
  • Yes or No? Keep or move on, so if I select move on am I saying Yes, move him on or No, don't move him on? :wink:

• Watt will come good
  • edited August 2017
    I don't think we'll get money for him, I don't believe he is the troublemaker he was made out to be (though do think he's a bit thick)

Think of it this way in the league...

Watt scored 10 in 53 through not doing a lot.

KAG has scored around 1 in 42...

Watt is our only other proven* goal risk whilst Magennis is out.

*don't like using the term proven here... but KAG isn't a striker, so who else do we stick up there?
  • I dont think he was as bad as some made out Saturday but think its best for all parties if he moves on now.
  • cabbles said:

Is anyone actually going to vote or have you lot just come on here to critique me

Calm down, calm down I've already voted, not telling ya though cos it's confidential init :wink:
  • Tony Watt is innocent
  • Hang the bastard !
  • Sponsored links:

• Get rid, ASAP
  • got to get rid of this oxygen thief as quickly as possible, his ilk are bad for the squad as a whole
    How must KAG feel? Rated less by FSG than twatt. As for gobbinson expecting us to believe the scots parasite was doing what he was told? Pull the other one Karl!! BTW if you did tell him to loaf about and do exactly nothing for 20 minutes then you're a twat as well.
  • 1 in 43 for KAG could be why he hasn't broken into the side ahead of Watt's 10 in 55... Both pretty poor.
  • got to get rid of this oxygen thief as quickly as possible, his ilk are bad for the squad as a whole
    How must KAG feel? Rated less by FSG than twatt. As for gobbinson expecting us to believe the scots parasite was doing what he was told? Pull the other one Karl!! BTW if you did tell him to loaf about and do exactly nothing for 20 minutes then you're a twat as well.

Enough already

• edited August 2017
    After Ajose was loaned out I said the only senior strikers in the squad I would keep hold of were Magennis and Watt and would be happy with Ajose, Novak and KAG to all be shown the door. A couple of posters decided to hide behind a cheap LOL without commenting, never understood this myself.

But now I would let Watt go. I don't know if in his head he still feels like he should be playing for Celtic but something's not right and I don't believe he has kept pace with the improvement of the team where he used to be a stand out player.

I would now only keep Magennis and clear the entire strikeforce off the wage bill apart from Hanlan and Umerah. Magennis is the only senior striker we know what we're going to get from him.

Now I understand Watt brings skill and is a different type of striker to Magennis. For me Watt is now in the last chance saloon to deliver. No excuses, no more lashing the ball away earning cheap yellow cards (think it was Shrewsbury or Northampton away last season) he has a chance until Magennis is fit again. Novak's blown his last chance, this is Watt's and if he doesn't deliver then just let both players go at the end of the season assuming we can't let them go and replace them before the end of this window.
  • Would rather see 65 year old Derek Hales have a run out.
  • I say let him Watt on the bench.
  • edited August 2017

Percentages only add up to 99% but feel free to keep adding mine up , muggles

Now now oohhaa people who live in glasshouses........need a good glazier, talking of which has @LouisMend got that computer fixed yet? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• #JeSuisTonyWatt
  • If we keep him Watt good will come of it.
    I'd rather see Hanlan get a few games,I think the way the rest of the team have stepped up you don't need Watt keeping the handbrake on!!
    Hanlan or the youngster with the fair hair who played at the welling friendly,he was half decent,or even Gladice the tea lady,but not Watt. He showed about as much enthusiasm as an empty bag of cheese and onion crisps on Saturday.
  • I'd keep, mainly because I don't think we'd get anyone better. He strikes me as a player from another era, a Seventies type player, not that keen on training but good on the ball. If and I mean a big if we are to make a promotion push, I reckon he could be handy getting a late winner from a game drifting to a draw.
  • edited August 2017
    "oxygen thief"
  • The real question is if we were to move him on, would we replace him with better? I think probably not knowing RD/KM.
  • Under normal circumstances I'd say ship him out urgently to free up the wages so we can get someone else in. Under Roland and Katrien I think we'd just get rid of him and not get anyone else in.

A Tony in the hand is worth two Max Gradels in the bush, or something like that.
  • Will score tomorrow
  • MrLargo said:

Under normal circumstances I'd say ship him out urgently to free up the wages so we can get someone else in. Under Roland and Katrien I think we'd just get rid of him and not get anyone else in.

A Tony in the hand is worth two Max Gradels in the bush, or something like that.

What you, Tony and Max get up to on your own time is up to you... ;)
  • Despite seeing him play a couple of decent games, I've never really witnessed good team work or link up play from him. Why would you have a player who is not interested or incapable of this vital element of the game ?
  • I cannot think of a player less suited to the type of football that Robinson is trying to get the team to play.
    It's all about work rate and energy going forward. Watt is just not what we need right now