Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
One of the best signings Charlton have made for years. Seeing as he was playing for Colchester last season, who unearthed this treasure?Much credit is due. I'm sure Driesen had nothing to do with it.

Comments

• so far he's been superb .. he reminds me of a hard working wing genius from years ago .. Laurie Cunningham
  • When I saw him a Stevenage - I saw his balance, touch and ability with the ball and I wasn't expecting it to be so good. He is going to be a top player. He just has to keep working, he has all the tools he needs.
  • He was awesome yesterday.
  • The thing that sticks out for me, is not the skill or pace (both of which he has, by the way), but you would not believe he is only 22...

A number of decisions he made yesterday, particularly in the 1st half, we're ones that you would expect a seasoned pro, who has been in that position many times before, to make...

I said after the Ipswich friendly, a potential game changer for Charlton...
  • Sponsored links:

• Along with Holmes did an outstanding job yesterday in both attack and defence - fitness levels put Watt to shame.
  • I'd assume Robinson is responsible as he talked about watching him a lot
  • He looks great - hope he doesn't get Charltonised !
  • Didn't go yesterday so can't comment on his performance. He wasn't a regular starter in League 2 last season so even more impressive to pick him out when there wasn't so much to judge him on.
  • se9addick said:

He looks great - hope he doesn't get Charltonised !

No chance. Look at the player scores thread. Some have given Clarke "5". Already Charltonised. They probably thought Watt was better.
  • This lad is a proper handful.
    Just like Morts in the old days - he either gets in the box with the ball or gets fouled. Holmes will get plenty of FK chances off the back of Fozzy's work.
  • Really impressive debut, technically he looks really good, the ball seemed to stick to his feet, and he won so many free kicks for the team, which were crucial in releasing the pressure on our 10 men
  • He was the best player on the pitch at Stevenage. Looks like being a great signing
  • Sponsored links:

• RD and KM
  • No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.
  • The great thing about Fosu is that he will give our opponents something else to think about. Should they stick two players on him then fine it means more space for Holmes, Reeves, Clarke or Marshall when fit. Performances like this take the pressure of Holmes so instead of teams kicking lumps out of Holmes each game they'll now have several players to deal with which can work to our advantage should Reeves and Marshall also make the impact as expected.

I didn't think Clarke was of that skillful mould but he put in a hard shift yesterday and thoroughly deserved his applause when he was taken off.

Beauty with Clarke is he knows he isnt the most skillful or the quickest so to stay at his level for so long (and to have played in the Premier League) is the fact he's no stupid and will play smart Football
  • The great thing about Fosu is that he will give our opponents something else to think about. Should they stick two players on him then fine it means more space for Holmes, Reeves, Clarke or Marshall when fit. Performances like this take the pressure of Holmes so instead of teams kicking lumps out of Holmes each game they'll now have several players to deal with which can work to our advantage should Reeves and Marshall also make the impact as expected.

I didn't think Clarke was of that skillful mould but he put in a hard shift yesterday and thoroughly deserved his applause when he was taken off.

Beauty with Clarke is he knows he isnt the most skillful or the quickest so to stay at his level for so long (and to have played in the Premier League) is the fact he's no stupid and will play smart Football
    It's the players like Clarke that enable the stars in the team to shine. With the bench we had yesterday if any of the 10 on the pitch wasn't playing a blinder there would have been changes a lot sooner.
  • Does he wear Fosu or Fosu-Henry on his shirt ?
  • No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.

You have to wonder if Driesen has now been completely dumped when it comes to Charlton.

Certainly seems that way ... at last!
  • stonemuse said:

No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.

You have to wonder if Driesen has now been completely dumped when it comes to Charlton.

I don't think Driesen has been involved for a couple of years
  • The same agent represents fosu who represents lookman . He was lined up long before the end of last season .
  • stonemuse said:

No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.

I don't think Driesen has been involved for a couple of years
    I'm also not sure he was ever as significant as he likes to think, and say, he was.

I could email Man Utd now and tell them that Eden Hazard has some great stats but if they signed him I would struggle to prove that it was my idea.
  • se9addick said:

Does he wear Fosu or Fosu-Henry on his shirt ?

Just Fosu.