Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North lower

What was happening large bar closed, main toilet shut, chaos, wtf is happening.

Comments

• I bought a pint and handed over a £10 note. The machine said £5.80 change and the guy behind the counter started gathering it together. He picked up a £5 note from the till, a few £1 coins, some silver and looked like he was struggling with both the types of the coins and the addition. I said to him that doesn't look right and he stopped and recounted it, put the surplus back and we got to the right money. Makes you wonder if they at least test them out first before they stick them on the tills ?
  • I bought a pint and handed over a £10 note. The machine said £5.80 change and the guy behind the counter started gathering it together. He picked up a £5 note from the till, a few £1 coins, some silver and looked like he was struggling with both the types of the coins and the addition. I said to him that doesn't look right and he stopped and recounted it, put the surplus back and we got to the right money. Makes you wonder if they at least test them out first before they stick them on the tills ?

I bought a pint and handed over a £10 note. The machine said £5.80 change and the guy behind the counter started gathering it together. He picked up a £5 note from the till, a few £1 coins, some silver and looked like he was struggling with both the types of the coins and the addition. I said to him that doesn't look right and he stopped and recounted it, put the surplus back and we got to the right money. Makes you wonder if they at least test them out first before they stick them on the tills ?

£4.20 a pint !!!! .. the poor lad was probably too embarrassed to take your hard earned ((:>)
  • If you give somebody five quid for something costing four pounds twenty surely they should know in their head the change is eighty pence?
    Why is the machine allowed to overrule brainpower these days?
  • Computer says "no"
  • edited August 2017
    Anyway, back to the thread, when I saw that mobile drinks trolley I thought at last somebody with a bit of sense has got their act together, then I noticed they'd shut the outlets down at one end. I guess not planning on serving food and drinks to fans was the reason they'd shut the ladies and gents toilets as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• they couldn't even handle a thousand people at the friendly so no surprise they weren't prepared for this. they have employed school leavers and haven't trained them to use the ticket computer system. joke club.
  • There were massive queues outside the ticket office at 2:30 yesterday
  • Didn't expect the walk up yesterday, neither did I.

Could have done with more than 2 tills in the shop as well, that was a half hour queue.

And can they turn the tannoy down as well please
  • And can they sort out my guttering . Bloody moss...
  • And can they sort out my guttering . Bloody moss...

If you got the club to do it, they would do it, by rolling a stone down it.
    Fantastic post! Really made me laugh! I'd give it 10 lols if I could
  • In the East my brother asked for our beers to be replaced as they were completely flat, and the women behind the counter kissed her teeth at him.
  • Going in to the family stand had a rucksack check and she put not one but two paper things on the handle like you get at an airport .
    She asked if I had any cans on me , like I'd say if I did , she sort of checked but I got sooo much shit in the bag with coats and food and drinks (I'm not buying in the ground ) she give up .

• Got the kids some chips and they looked and tasted like they had reheated the unsold chips from last season!

• Sponsored links:

• In the East my brother asked for our beers to be replaced as they were completely flat, and the women behind the counter kissed her teeth at him.

I'd have demanded to speak to the manager.
  • edited August 2017

In the East my brother asked for our beers to be replaced as they were completely flat, and the women behind the counter kissed her teeth at him.

Please tell me he tipped them over the ignorant c*nts head.
    He did give her a few choice words. I know it's not the most glamorous job In the world but their attitude and customer service skills are severely lacking. Perhaps we shouldn't expect bubbles in a beer served in a plastic container costing £4.20.
  • So alls good at the club then!!!
  • seth plum said:

If you give somebody five quid for something costing four pounds twenty surely they should know in their head the change is eighty pence?
    Why is the machine allowed to overrule brainpower these days?

It's because bars are the biggest likely source of skimming. Liquids and cash sales are an unhappy combination in terms of cutting down on unwelcome practices.
    Whereas a machine will only try to rip you off for the actual price. It makes good sense for only the machine and not the staff to know how much stuff costs. They are then forced to ask the machine how much to charge by hitting the product button. It cuts down on losses from pilfering. And, in theory from punters being "overcharged" or getting the wrong change. They also have to operate the till rather than put the exact money straight in their pocket. It would be usual for a manger to have to authorise use of the "no sale" button, for example.
  • Only place to buy a okay standard pint is in crossbars

I'd have demanded to speak to the manager.
    Keith would have explained everything to you.
  • The guy in the queue in front of me in the NU ordered an espresso and was shocked when they didn't have it. Must have been his first time.