Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boeing Dreamliner

Comments

• Quality. I love the flight radar app
  • I assume that long line going across the border with Canada is the new laser beam capability of Trump's personal aircraft?
  • Have flown with Thomson on their Dreamliner aircraft and think it is one of the best I have ever flown in

Updated image of the flight path.

Flew on a Dreamliner to NY and back from LA with Norwegian and it was without doubt the best flight I've ever been. The jet-lag reducing lighting was a pleasant change from the excruciating bright lights I regularly endure on night flights to and from Turkey.
  • Never flown the Boeing Dreamliner... Airbus A380 though is a beast of a plane to fly and look at.

Not gonna like I've always wanted to be a pilot just a shame the closest I can get is Flight Simming on my PC
  • Never flown the Boeing Dreamliner... Airbus A380 though is a beast of a plane to fly and look at.

Not gonna like I've always wanted to be a pilot just a shame the closest I can get is Flight Simming on my PC

A little bit of trivia for you. My father in law was the test pilot for Air India but they decided not to buy the Dreamliner.
  • Never done the Dreamliner - but agree the A380 is some kind of animal, love it.

Was lucky enough to fly Business Class with work to Singapore and Malaysia on Singapore Airlines a couple of years ago, only time I've ever done BC. Was the shortest 13 hours I've ever had - I honestly didn't want to get off at the end. Take-off is weird - no big surge and acceleration. Just trundles down the runway and gently lifts.
  • I've done both, 380 is better/quieter
  • Sponsored links:

• Shit there are people on this forum that are as sad as me when it comes to planes....!!!
  • edited August 2017
    A350 is the best, flying on one in December. Flown on a dreamliner in '14 to Tokyo, I dig the electronic window tinting
  • A350 is the best, flying on one in December. Flown on a dreamliner in '14 to Tokyo, I dig the electronic window tinting

Me too, but surprisingly a lot of people don't like it.
  • My Dad reckons the Boeing 707 is the best looking airliner and I reckon he's right.

Though the 727 was great too!
  • Fumbluff said:

I've done both, 380 is better/quieter

Def this.
  • edited August 2017
    Talking about airliners and airlines... i notice that SAA is on verge of Bankruptcy.
  • Nothing beats the 747 IMHO.
  • Nothing beats the 747 IMHO.

Concorde comes mighty close...
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Def this.
    Has Ross shown you pictures of the bar on the Emirates 380 yet? They've managed to blag business class seats to Manila. Very jealous
  • Love the 787 - composite materials allow more moisture in the cabin air so you feel much better afterwards.
  • I think whats amazing is the different sizes between the planes.

I've been on all different ones (737 | A320 | ATR 72-500 | Embraer | 777 | A380) yet when you walk out to them they all look absolutely huge yet when you put a 737 up against an A380 it laughably small

• I think whats amazing is the different sizes between the planes.

I've been on all different ones (737 | A320 | ATR 72-500 | Embraer | 777 | A380) yet when you walk out to them they all look absolutely huge yet when you put a 737 up against an A380 it laughably small

Surely it's illegal to fly them that close together over a public road?
    Its the way the photo has been taken, making them look closer than they actually are as both are coming into land @ Los Angeles

i.e. You'd have had one coming in on the far right and one on the far left of the Airport.

• Sorry my attempt at a joke, should have put a smiley face, it's a superimposed picture..
  • I am not sure it is photoshopped? Lots of parallel runways in the US (also SFO)
  • jamescafc said:

Fumbluff said:

Def this.
    Has Ross shown you pictures of the bar on the Emirates 380 yet? They've managed to blag business class seats to Manila. Very jealous
    Yes he has. Its a very special experience to fly on 380 - the Rolls Royce of the skies.
    He did mention something about business class flights - that will be quite an experience that no doubt he will lap up. !
  • Civil stuff, just a bunch of flying sheds with wings.