Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bayern Munich v Liverpool ITV 4 This Evening

In the Audi Cup .. I have an idea that the scousers will have a VERY good season .. this game will be a good form guide .. this afternoon we have Napoli v Athletico Madrid, same pre season competition .. starting at 16.45

Comments

• Bayern have had a poor pre season and i'm not sure they'll field a first choice side as they have the super cup v Dortmund in 4 days time.

Key for Liverpool's season will be keeping Coutinho. If, as expected Neymar signs for PSG this week then it's strongly rumoured that Barca will try to sign him as a replacement.
  • In the Audi Cup .. I have an idea that the scousers will have a VERY good season .. this game will be a good form guide .. this afternoon we have Napoli v Athletico Madrid, same pre season competition .. starting at 16.45

I'm not so sure - their back 5 still looks a bit suspect.
  • The Bayern Munich team is formidable this year, all they need really is a top class right back to fill the sizeable gap of Lahm retiring
  • Liverpool look very good on the counter attack
  • Bayern have had a poor pre season and i'm not sure they'll field a first choice side as they have the super cup v Dortmund in 4 days time.

Key for Liverpool's season will be keeping Coutinho. If, as expected Neymar signs for PSG this week then it's strongly rumoured that Barca will try to sign him as a replacement.

Agree, I know it's silly to judge based on pre-season but Coutinho has looked really up for it in what I've seen of the nonsense games that they play in China etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sumptuous goal from Sturridge and he injures himself in the process. Must be soul destroying having that kind of talent and a body that lets you down again and again
  • Liverpool looked very competitive, determined and well organised .. Bayern ? .. perhaps they've spent too long post season in the bier kellers
  • Gomez playing centre half v Atletico Madrid, on ITV 4 now
  • Liverpool losing 1-0 33rd minute
  • BAYERN HAVE A FANS SOFA.... actually they have two #trendsetters
  • HT Liverpool losing 1-0
  • Gomez booked
  • Gomez needs regular game time this season
  • Good to see the English players taking quality penalties...
  • Some of the comments on the Liverpool forum about Gomez are winding me right up. Gotta stop reading, or stop caring.

"In the games I have seen him play last season and this, he is not good enough. He was a good talent in League 1 with Charlton but I believe that could be his level."

He never played in League One ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of the comments on the Liverpool forum about Gomez are winding me right up. Gotta stop reading, or stop caring.

"In the games I have seen him play last season and this, he is not good enough. He was a good talent in League 1 with Charlton but I believe that could be his level."

They were loving him when he first joined in the Premier League... Need to realise that his injury will have stalled his progress, sadly though I do now see his career almost following that of Shelvey without the drop back to the Championship.

Was reading two comments and people were saying its a shame he's so injury prone!!

The kid has had one injury in his career... It just happened to be a long one, that DOESN'T make him injury prone!!

They were loving him when he first joined in the Premier League... Need to realise that his injury will have stalled his progress, sadly though I do now see his career almost following that of Shelvey without the drop back to the Championship.

Was reading two comments and people were saying its a shame he's so injury prone!!

The kid has had one injury in his career... It just happened to be a long one, that DOESN'T make him injury prone!!
    The fear, given the serious nature of that injury, is that he has lost the edge to the pace that gave him extra 'think' time and made him stand out.

Not seen him play for a while so no idea whether or not that fear is founded or unfounded.
  • edited August 2017
    Should've gone to a mid table prem team first and then if impressed there gone up another level.

PSG are just another Man City.