Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying Tickets Online

Just bought 2 tickets for the first home game of the season online and how much easier was that! a much improved service. I also had a good look round the website which I haven't been on for a long long time and again what an improvement.
Before anyone says it I know it doesn't make up for all the other stuff that's gone on but credit where credits due

Comments

• is there still a surcharge for online purchases?
  • redman said:

is there still a surcharge for online purchases?

Yes, except if you choose ticket collection option.
  • clive said:

redman said:

is there still a surcharge for online purchases?

Yes, except if you choose ticket collection option.
    Is there??? I bought 2 using a debit card and selected to print at home, I am not aware I paid any surcharge
  • Sorry,i forgot the the print at home option.
  • I have never had any problem at all when buying online .. this season there is a £1 charge for posting out the ticket(s) .. nothing here to complain about
  • If you print your tickets at home make sure you stock up on printer ink.
    Unless there is a way to just print out the bar code/ squiggly stuff that I haven't discovered.
    Environmentally friendly it isn't using a whole A4 sheet for each ticket and gallons of ink for the coloured adverts all over the sheet.
    Not everybody has the IT facilities at home anyway, let alone a smartphone.
    It would be possible to make ticket sales more customer friendly than business friendly.
  • PopIcon said:

seth plum said:

If you print your tickets at home make sure you stock up on printer ink.
    Unless there is a way to just print out the bar code/ squiggly stuff that I haven't discovered.
    Environmentally friendly it isn't using a whole A4 sheet for each ticket and gallons of ink for the coloured adverts all over the sheet.
    It would be possible to make ticket sales more customer friendly than business friendly.

I like the print at home option. I would think its more eco friendly than posting out tickets.

Set your printer to print in black and white or monochrome.
    Thanks. I will try to figure that out.
  • Don't need to print it out - just have the email ready on your phone and scan from there.

I don't accept a "I don't get emails on my phone" as an excuse in 2017...
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

That is fairly standard for any print at home ticket.
    Most of the events I have purchased tickets for recently have actually charged me for the privilege of printing my own tickets....
  • The ticketing system seems smoother this season, maybe they upgraded the software/server when the rest of the software was updated

The £1 postage fee is fair, as it covers all purchases, and is not charged separately for each one which sometimes happens
  • I've chosen print at home for some away tickets, wish me luck! :scream:

Tickets arrived in the post. No admin, postage or packaging fees. :smile:

That's a strange form of print at home!

I'm not complaining. Not a penny to the regime. :sunglasses:

Apart from the cost of the ticket!
  • seth plum said:

Use the snipping tool that comes with Microsoft Windows to remove the QC Code from the email ticket - You can then add that to a blank Word Document and print it so its just that and nothing else that is printed so saving you ink
    What you are basically saying is it is cheaper and easier for younger people to buy tickets than older people.
  • redman said:

seth plum said:

Use the snipping tool that comes with Microsoft Windows to remove the QC Code from the email ticket - You can then add that to a blank Word Document and print it so its just that and nothing else that is printed so saving you ink
    What you are basically saying is it is cheaper and easier for younger people to buy tickets than older people.
    Ageisim or not IT savvy? *Runs for cover!
  • Sponsored links:

Surely that goes to Plymouth?
  • WSS said:

Don't need to print it out - just have the email ready on your phone and scan from there.

I don't accept a "I don't get emails on my phone" as an excuse in 2017...

I havent got a phone.

Perhaps the away club havent got scanners at the turnstyle.

I'm led to believe a very tiny percentage of advanced tickets sold of the away allocation goes to the away club.

I'm led to believe a very tiny percentage of advanced tickets sold of the away allocation goes to the away club.
    The general consensus is that the home team gets the gate receipts (since 1988?). But I suspect you are right, sort of. But does the away club benefit from any money?

I bought my Exeter & Plymouth tickets on-line. I paid by Visa credit card. That means that whoever the club use to operate their card payment system will deduct the merchant's fee from the total before passing the funds back to CAFC. What's that deduction going to be? 2 to 3% maybe? Then there's the £1 p&p fee which would have to be split out. I suspect, also, the the away club might be allowed to retain a small percentage to accommodate their admin costs? Although that might just be treated as some sort of reciprocity arrangement? Perhaps @Airman Brown can illuminate?
  • edited July 2017
    cafcfan said:

I've chosen print at home for some away tickets, wish me luck! :scream:

The general consensus is that the home team gets the gate receipts (since 1988?). But I suspect you are right, sort of. But does the away club benefit from any money?

I bought my Exeter & Plymouth tickets on-line. I paid by Visa credit card. That means that whoever the club use to operate their card payment system will deduct the merchant's fee from the total before passing the funds back to CAFC. What's that deduction going to be? 2 to 3% maybe? Then there's the £1 p&p fee which would have to be split out. I suspect, also, the the away club might be allowed to retain a small percentage to accommodate their admin costs? Although that might just be treated as some sort of reciprocity arrangement? Perhaps @Airman Brown can illuminate?
    5 per cent of the ticket price, which would cover the merchant fee. So if a ticket is £20, Charlton would get £1. But that should include15p of VAT and a similar small sum to the card company. And there is an internal cost to handling it.

A postal charge of £1 is separate but, obviously, goes to cover postage.
  • First time I've used the system and thought it was rubbish. Technically it seems to do all the right things, just not necessarily in the right order.

You start at a page with the all fixtures you can buy tickets for, but the More Information button for each doesn't do anything other than tell you it's a home fixture taking place this season.

When you click on the fixture, they ask you to select the block you want to sit in, but they don't show you the stadium plan until you've chosen your block. Surely it would make sense to do that the other way round?

Then when you've chosen your seats, they ask you to log in if you're already a member. Again, surely that's the first thing they should ask, not the last? It also gives you the impression that you'll get a discount for being a member, when actually there isn't one.

They then ask you to allocate names to the seats. As I didn't want to give personal details of my son away, I clicked the delete option next to that box on his ticket. That deleted his ticket as well, even though there was another delete button on the page for doing that, so I had to redo all the booking over again.

As I work in events, I've set up quite a lot of booking systems in the past and always try to make them as user friendly as possible. This one seems technically very sound, it just could have been utilised a lot better.
  • It still has the old problem of not accepting login credentials. If you ask for a password reminder it says it has sent you an email, but hasn't. If you try creating a new account you can't because the email address already exists. Catch 22.
  • Hex said:

It still has the old problem of not accepting login credentials. If you ask for a password reminder it says it has sent you an email, but hasn't. If you try creating a new account you can't because the email address already exists. Catch 22.

I think that's down to your email address appearing on their original database more than once. You'll have to email the club and they'll merge the accounts into one. Although to be honest, that's a job they should have been able to do themselves anyway.
  • What happened to the Red Card Con Number which used to be used for ticket purchase?