Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Womens Euro 2017

Being shown on Channel 4... England just started against Scotland.

1-0 up inside 10 minutes.

Comments

• 3-0 after 30 minutes
  • Scotlands women's team look like they could give their men's team a run for their money.
  • Class volley from Jordan Nobbs for the fifth goal.

Not sure how many of our current lot would have the skill for that. Positively Yannesque even if the keeping might have been better.
  • 6-0 very convincing. Be nice to see another England team win some silverware this summer
  • They won't find many weaker defences than Scotland.
  • Denmark No 10 is a decent player
  • Once upon a time a result like that would have triggered a whole barrage of banter. Is it a measure of Scottish football that nobody bothers to take the piss any more ?
  • Whilst i generally scoff at the concept of womens football, well done girls!
  • Once upon a time a result like that would have triggered a whole barrage of banter. Is it a measure of Scottish football that nobody bothers to take the piss any more ?

No, its a measure of womens football
  • MrOneLung said:

Once upon a time a result like that would have triggered a whole barrage of banter. Is it a measure of Scottish football that nobody bothers to take the piss any more ?

No, its a measure of womens football
    Womens football needs to attract a wider female audience. They need to make a few changes.

Swap the ball for cooking ingredients.
    Change the goals for kitchens and both teams have 90 mins to bake cakes.
    Instead of a referee have two lesbians making unfunny innuendos.

Does anyone have the phone number for the commissioning editor of channel 4? I think im onto a winner!
    You forgot the Half-Time ironing instead of oranges
  • Sponsored links:

• The female co-commentator on Eurosport is so ignorant about football it beggars belief. She doesn't understand the rules even. I know that sounds sexist, but it is just an observation, not a comment against women. Apart from her rubbish, I am enjoying the tournament.

When the English defender slipped on her bottom and the ball hit her arm against Spain, she was adamant it was a penalty because the defender's arms were in an unantural position. I'd love to see where her arms go when she falls on her backside!!!! Was the most accidental example you could imagine!

Yesterday, Scotland were winning 1-0 against Spain, and she was suggesting they shoudl be delighted with the win even though they only needed another goal to qualify. When their keeper took a quick kick with minutes to go, she criticised her for it, implying she should slow it down.

I am not sexist, I am very pro women's football, but people will accuse women of just getting jobs because they are women when there are clueless people like that person co-commentating - I haven't caught her name. That is unfair. I presume she played for England, but in fairness, in the 80s, we had a couple of women internationals train with us and they were so far behind us technically it was unreal. The latest crop of women are now much better with only a few exceptions. Kelly Smith when she played was a top, top player.
  • The standard is truely woeful. It's barely watchable.
  • But it is still football :)
  • The female co-commentator on Eurosport is so ignorant about football it beggars belief. She doesn't understand the rules even. I know that sounds sexist, but it is just an observation, not a comment against women. Apart from her rubbish, I am enjoying the tournament.

When the English defender slipped on her bottom and the ball hit her arm against Spain, she was adamant it was a penalty because the defender's arms were in an unantural position. I'd love to see where her arms go when she falls on her backside!!!! Was the most accidental example you could imagine!

Yesterday, Scotland were winning 1-0 against Spain, and she was suggesting they shoudl be delighted with the win even though they only needed another goal to qualify. When their keeper took a quick kick with minutes to go, she criticised her for it, implying she should slow it down.

I am not sexist, I am very pro women's football, but people will accuse women of just getting jobs because they are women when there are clueless people like that person co-commentating - I haven't caught her name. That is unfair. I presume she played for England, but in fairness, in the 80s, we had a couple of women internationals train with us and they were so far behind us technically it was unreal. The latest crop of women are now much better with only a few exceptions. Kelly Smith when she played was a top, top player.

Sounds about par for football punditry - men's or women's.
  • The BBC are obliged to have a high content of women's sport online. Pages and pages of leading content on both cricket and football. This is despute national interest being very low. I wonder how much away support we took out there.
  • Denmark v Germany postponed due to heavy rain. The drains were struggling to cope and they had toilets overflowing.
  • Danepak said:

Denmark v Germany postponed due to heavy rain. The drains were struggling to cope and they had toilets overflowing.

Sounds like Fratton Park
  • edited July 2017
    You have to feel a bit sorry for England, winning their three group games then playing one of the strongest teams in the quarter final. I think it should be an enjoyable match!
  • France aren't exactly in form though, scraped a win with a late penalty then drew twice.
  • Denmark woman giving it a good go. 1-1 with Germany currently.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-1 Denmark now with 5 minutes left
  • Germany hasn't lost a game in the knockout stages of the Euro since 1993. Denmark 2 mins away from a sensational result

My danish wife and I cheered loudly when that second goal went in. Decent game to be fair even if the overall quality is a little suspect at times.

Hope the Danes can hold on.

My danish wife and I cheered loudly when that second goal went in. Decent game to be fair even if the overall quality is a little suspect at times.

Hope the Danes can hold on.
    Yep, terrible quality at times. But entertaining. Lots of chances in the 2nd half.
  • Denmark did really well last night.
    If we can get past France tonight, you have to fancy our chances a bit here.
  • edited July 2017
    3blokes said:

Denmark did really well last night.

Actually the Denmark v Germany game was postphoned due to bad weather so they moved it to Sunday (today) lunchtime.

England v Denmark would be a good game. It wouldnt be a walk in the park for England that's for sure.
  • 3blokes said:

Denmark did really well last night.

Actually the Denmark v Germany game was postphoned due to bad weather so they moved it to Sunday (today) lunchtime.

England v Denmark would be a good game. It wouldnt be a walk in the park for England that's for sure.
    If we win we play the Netherlands.