Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

On a train to Waterloo

And the journey is dire because they've closed 10 platforms and started the work that's going to last from 5th August to the end of it. Glad I don't need to use SWTrains into Waterloo for work but for charlton fans going to the Valley next week and the rest of August you might have to start out a little earlier.

Comments

• I am on SWT trains to work.

Gonna work from home for a month I think!
  • edited July 2017

I am on SWT trains to work.

Gonna work from home for a month I think!

Judging by the journey I had in just from Wimbledon on a day when its not a morning or evening commute I think your plan sounds very sensible. And the driver apologised when we got to Waterloo for the train being '3' minutes behind schedule.
  • Was coming back from Sandown races on Thursday.

Train stopped at Earlsfield and an announcement was made about these works.

It said there would be no service at Earlsfield until 10.30am and no afternoon service between 4.30 and 6.30.

Not sure how you get to work if you live in Earlsfield and have to commute to Waterloo.
  • iaitch said:

Was coming back from Sandown races on Thursday.

Train stopped at Earlsfield and an announcement was made about these works.

It said there would be no service at Earlsfield until 10.30am and no afternoon service between 4.30 and 6.30.

Not sure how you get to work if you live in Earlsfield and have to commute to Waterloo.

Get a bus up to Wandsworth/Clapham junction i reckon.
  • I usually avoid Waterloo and go to London Bridge, and a large volume of people will put that already-heaving route under even more pressure. It's going to be a horrible month. Especially as there's no air-con whatsoever on my journey.
  • I walk downstairs to my workshop
  • On a train to Waterloo

Your not with your Mum,Dad,Gran and a bucket of Vindaloo are you?

This deserves more LOLs
  • At the weekend London bound services from Woking will take up to 20 minutes longer to get to Waterloo, return journeys about 10 minutes longer. Frequencies reduced about one third. SWtrains claim they'll run longer trains to maximise capacity but their track record in this area is really bad so don't bank on that. Traveling into London from closer in than Woking doesn't look good at all at weekends, frequencies decimated and journey times much longer. Commuting during the week? My commiserations that's gonna be rotten.
    This project has been well publicised.
    Weekend match day travel from Surrey and beyond on SW should just require a little extra time
  • Sponsored links:

• Last week of August could be a nightmare if you're travelling in from Woking to Waterloo and then you want use Southeastern but Waterloo East, Charing Cross and London Bridge are shut.
  • A sign at Waterloo yesterday said to avoid the area between 5 and 6.45pm every week day. So leave work early or stay late for most people!