Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flag, Flagged and Flagging?

I think this topic has come up before, I've put a search in but it hasn't brought the original post, just where the words above have been highlighted. Anyway apologies for bringing it up again.

I've had 3 flags against me for a few years now and it hadn't really bothered me, until now.

Looking at my comments that were flagged, 2 could be fair enough because I was being, if you like, critical of another person. I used the word "Mug" in one instance and "Merchant" in another, so as I said, probably fair enough.

The third flag, was regarding my post about our National Anthem and that in my opinion it is shite. I also compared this to how Charlton were playing at the time. This though is just my humble opinion, can someone really take offence, and it's deserving of a flag, apparently so.

So, sorry stig, I know you don't like people starting off with that word, at least I'm sure it's you, flag me if it's not.

Is there adjudication by the moderators on whether a flag is in order, as if;).Do they remain a blemish on my CL CV for life?

As someone whose never given out a flag and if it's just a case of people giving them out willy nilly regardless, then I would suggest, those who do, watch out, the inner flag in me is about to be unleashed!

Comments

• I got flagged for saying Ola Jordan isn't all that.... by a moderator. But it's my one and only and we've grown close.
  • I just knew someone would have flagged the original comment

And we could have had a pretty good guess as to who it would be :smile:

• I have 109 flags against me! Not one of them deserved. If admin are offering this service can I request that each one of these flags be reviewed and removed in order to restore my good CL name? Perhaps the trainee moderator could do it. On second thoughts maybe not.......I will probably end up with more flags!
  • I have 109 flags against me! Not one of them deserved. If admin are offering this service can I request that each one of these flags be reviewed and removed in order to restore my good CL name? Perhaps the trainee moderator could do it. On second thoughts maybe not.......I will probably end up with more flags!

I'm not a trainee. I'm on a probationary period
  • A trainee would be @i_b_b_o_r_g or too a lesser extent a wannabe like @Dazzler21
  • cabbles said:

I have 109 flags against me! Not one of them deserved. If admin are offering this service can I request that each one of these flags be reviewed and removed in order to restore my good CL name? Perhaps the trainee moderator could do it. On second thoughts maybe not.......I will probably end up with more flags!

I'm not a trainee. I'm on a probationary period
    I was referring to cyborg.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do people really get upset with something that doesn't actually exist and does not make a blind bit of difference in the real world?
  • No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

What is the purpose of the Flag option?

- primarily it is a way of highlighting content that fails the term or conditions of acceptable usage. ie if someone is being racist, or offensive or threatening to the degree they might potentially get themselves or this site in trouble, or OTT in the personal abuse of a fellow member. There is an undetermined line, but I think it is quite clear to most when it has been crossed

- it is a way that if any seriously bad content was added it can be resolved quickly and without the need for a moderator to be online and aware, as they is an auto trigger that if a post gets a certain number of flags, it gets removed from public view

- it's a way that if we are ever unsure about whether to allow a user to remain a member following an 'incident', it's helpful way to see what previous 'form' they may have

- It is not to be used if someone posts something that you strongly disagree

It's not perfect. Its childishly misused when people get in personal spats, and particularly with finger scrolling on phones, it's easy to hit accidentally. but it does serve a form of purpose.

If ever we notice flags that are inappropriate, our mods remove them. But it's not something they actively do (because everyone has better things to do with their time!) and if you've got a rogue or two flag against your name, it means nothIng I can assure you.

We explained usage of it when it was introduced, perhaps we should be doing reminders of that more frequently

Hope that helps

Flag.
  • My 2 flags are for saying:

Charlton are a Kent club & Frank Maloney wanting to do some sparring so get would get bashed around the ring.
  • You need at least 10 flags to be in the Clique
  • I got into a PM once with the issuing of one as a joke.
    There are some sensitive souls on this site.
  • My 2 flags are for saying:

Charlton are a Kent club & Frank Maloney wanting to do some sparring so get would get bashed around the ring.

The second option should have been a promote(r)
  • No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

- primarily it is a way of highlighting content that fails the term or conditions of acceptable usage. ie if someone is being racist, or offensive or threatening to the degree they might potentially get themselves or this site in trouble, or OTT in the personal abuse of a fellow member. There is an undetermined line, but I think it is quite clear to most when it has been crossed

- it is a way that if any seriously bad content was added it can be resolved quickly and without the need for a moderator to be online and aware, as they is an auto trigger that if a post gets a certain number of flags, it gets removed from public view

- it's a way that if we are ever unsure about whether to allow a user to remain a member following an 'incident', it's helpful way to see what previous 'form' they may have

It's not perfect. Its childishly misused when people get in personal spats, and particularly with finger scrolling on phones, it's easy to hit accidentally. but it does serve a form of purpose.

If ever we notice flags that are inappropriate, our mods remove them. But it's not something they actively do (because everyone has better things to do with their time!) and if you've got a rogue or two flag against your name, it means nothIng I can assure you.

We explained usage of it when it was introduced, perhaps we should be doing reminders of that more frequently

Hope that helps

Can you remove my 35 then please.
  • Sponsored links:

Hope that helps

Flag.
    F*** off Otto, that's what I do.
  • Admin always seem to have time for removing hard won promotes though
  • We need one of these:

• I got flagged once for saying I hoped we scored more goals.

Anyone who truly gives a shit about this needs to turn off their computer/phone etc and go outside and see some of the real world.
  • I have had to have extensive and intensive cbt because of all the flags i have had. Has proper shook me up every time someone has flagged me!
  • edited July 2017

No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

Hope that helps

Can you remove my 35 then please.
    I see mine is still in force, I've told you blackmail for free beer will get you nowhere so give it up :smirk: .

Anyway what's good enough for the likes of Henners, Fanny and Canters is good enough for me :wink:

Hope that helps

So why can't you flag a moderator's post you hypocrite !
  • Talal said:

I got flagged for saying Ola Jordan isn't all that.... by a moderator. But it's my one and only and we've grown close.

You shouldn't be flagged for that, you should be flogged.

Hope that helps

So why can't you flag a moderator's post you hypocrite !
    Good point, talks the talk, doesn't walk the walk