Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Massive

Sheff Wed have sold out their 5,706 allocation for their first away game at Preston already.

It's not even close, it's roughly the same mileage as Charlton to Northampton.

We take the mickey out of the massive thing, but there are a handful of non-Prem clubs that have unbelievable support, and they are right up there

Comments

• HarryLime said:

Yeah but, all Wednesday supporters live in Preston.

Agreed. Apart from the 4,000 they took to Doncaster for a friendly Tuesday night
  • HarryLime said:

Yeah but, all Wednesday supporters live in Preston.

Agreed. Apart from the 4,000 they took to Doncaster for a friendly Tuesday night
    Wow, that is impressive
  • They've got a quality team this season. Boyd playing behind Rhodes means pure goals in the championship
  • Sheff Wed have sold out their 5,706 allocation for their first away game at Preston already.

We take the mickey out of the massive thing, but there are a handful of non-Prem clubs that have unbelievable support, and they are right up there

45 minutes and Operationpig will be here.
  • They've got a quality team this season. Boyd playing behind Rhodes means pure goals in the championship

They do look strong. Think it could be their year.
  • 5,203 of them have told their wives they're going to watch the football but they wont, they'll all continue on the extra 17 miles to Blackpool to drink and party.
  • Sponsored links:

And then they've got Morgan Fox at Left-Back
  • Sheff Wed have sold out their 5,706 allocation for their first away game at Preston already.

I used to work with a lad from Blackpool...I remember him telling me that certain parts of the UK had specific weekend breaks to Blackpool...ie Scot's weekend, maybe it's the Yorkshire weekend.
  • Who cares ?

I do !!

, imagine if we supported a team with proper away followings .

We don't and we never will - We are Charlton - but there's no point in highlighting clubs that do is there?.
  • Great following, but how many team in Sheffield and how many in London ? TBH, I ask that... but we wouldn't even take many if we were in the premier league
  • TBH, it might not be close geographically speaking, but it's about an hour straight there on the M62/M60/M61 - it's the most straightforward drive you could have. It's literally quicker to get there than it would be to get from Charlton to Tottenham
  • TBH, it might not be close geographically speaking, but it's about an hour straight there on the M62/M60/M61 - it's the most straightforward drive you could have. It's literally quicker to get there than it would be to get from Charlton to Tottenham

Good luck with doing that in an hour!! (95 miles via the motorways, or 76 going around Manchester!)

93 miles and 1hr 45 minutes according to google mate
  • Leeds woulda took more
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Leeds, both Sheffield clubs, forest all travel well but its a fair point if you come from leeds you support leeds if you come from Sheffield your either Wednesday or united. even in my group of freinds i know supporters of chelsea, millwall, spurs, arsenal who attend regularly. it is different down here, the only thing i can say is Sheffield Wednesday fans i've met have all been massive c**** especially the twat that goes by the name of tango fucking embarrassment of a man.
  • It's a north south culture divide IMO. Almost all the Yorkshire and Northumberland area clubs traditionally have good away followings. The one major exception I can think of would be Brighton, that's something which developed after they were forced to play home games in Gillingham.

Going back to the northerners, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from it for an afternoon. ;-)
  • another club that has good support but again majority of fans ive met are twats are burnley, will admit though haven't done that many , but England away games its mainly the northern teams supporters there and a smattering of southern clubs. marseille there was one pub that Leeds must of had 25/30 flags up outside some of them even london based flags.
  • edited July 2017
    Great rivalry going on in Sheffield at the minute with both of the football clubs in the city pushing each other to be top dog as they climb up the leagues.
    A bit like South London wit Palace and Charlt........... oh hold on a minute
  • another club that has good support but again majority of fans ive met are twats are burnley, will admit though haven't done that many , but England away games its mainly the northern teams supporters there and a smattering of southern clubs. marseille there was one pub that Leeds must of had 25/30 flags up outside some of them even london based flags.

leeds used to run coaches from London for home games (they probably still do ?)

leeds used to run coaches from London for home games (they probably still do ?)
    Yes they do, and they also have a large number of Irish fans who come over regularly (think that stems from the Johnny Giles and David O-Leary era)
  • CHGCHG
    edited July 2017
    I don't want to come across as giving it the big one about London being amazing and all that, but it is. There is so much to see and do. Why would you want to go and watch a footie team up to three times a week when you have a million other cheaper (and usually more fun) things to do. Doesn't make us any less of a fan, we just have a few more strings to our bow.
  • Fuck all else to do in Sheffield though, innit.