Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season ticket

Comments

• cblock said:

Both one town/city clubs

What's the population of those one towns like compared to our catchment areas ....
    Leeds 700000 +
    Portsmouth 200000+
    Charlton 14000
  • Surely we should have more passion then
  • Haven't you seen the new palarce top.
    All of South London is theirs.
  • I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2017
    Even the players who can't take corners like Ricky Holmes? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancy little box of goodies to appease the faithful. A nice gesture and clever marketing.
    But when the current regime ends and I order my season ticket I will not require any 'extra's and will be perfectly happy to collect it at the ground to save the club unnecessary postage.
  • I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Exactly, it's typical that this has now turned into a pro / anti regime thread. To celebrate the 25th aniversary they have packaged the season tickets in a presentation box with a scarf and a few odds & ends. Just see it for what it is and not as some sort of subliminal brain washing campaign.
  • SID said:

I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Exactly, it's typical that this has now turned into a pro / anti regime thread. To celebrate the 25th aniversary they have packaged the season tickets in a presentation box with a scarf and a few odds & ends. Just see it for what it is and not as some sort of subliminal brain washing campaign.
    Why would they be doing this then, when they publicly stated that history is not important?
  • Stig said:

SID said:

I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Why would they be doing this then, when they publicly stated that history is not important?
    I think someone in the marketing department had an idea that to celebrate the 25th aniversary it might be nice to send the season tickets out with some comemorative memorabilia. Why do you think they did it?
  • seth plum said:

SID said:

You know this celebrating the anniversary thing? Do you think the club, or the celebration committee have much idea about the struggle to return? Do you think the footsoldiers in the struggle to return and indeed any movers and shakers are involved in any planning for any celebration? Is there anybody who worked on the Valley Party campaign having any say?
    It is nice that people are pleased with a couple of freebies, but below the surface, in the depth of the return story exist many people who will not be particularly celebrated, but it is on the backs of those people that there are any celebrations at all.
    The names of all the players from that season are on the shirt, perhaps the names of all the Valley Party candidates (and I am not one) should've been there instead.
    It is a generational thing too. Katrien Meire would have been five or six at the time of the return, a lot of people involved in the club now might look on the campaigning generation as quaint black and white figures to be faintly patronised, or ignored completely, and have no real idea, on a sweaty visceral level what it took to bring our club home.
    So far the 25 year thing has felt plastic and exploitative, not organic and real, as it was at the time.
    Fucking hell, talk about over analysing. A fucking presentation box with a scarf. Lets face it Seth you couldn't be more indignant if it had contained a palace scarf and a 2017-2018 premier fixture list.

• edited July 2017

Apologies for being annoyed at some having a jossle over a fancy box ( for the record not people on here the Facebook group ) the man has taken us from a stable championship club to a average joe league 1 side, we will be lucky to scrape playoffs, but of course I'm not a charlton fan and only want the club to fail and should praise them for it.

25 years - of course remember it, but I'm not going to praise them, I would rather be in the championship as a stable club instead of where we are now with an exclusive Hummel kit - if I'm wrong and they have changed then I'll scoff humble pie, personally I think I'll be going hungry.

One season in the championship after being promot d,from league one after being down there for three seasons in of which one of those we finished in our lowest position ever does not make us a "stable club" does it? Under the tenure of Jeminez and Slater can you remember the pitch in which we played on and the firce criticism it came under especially the adandonmemt of the match in August due to a waterlogged pitch?
    Everything costs money as well as time, there are clubs in the championship and yes I can comment about this as I work within the game and am aware how long decisions can take to be made within football, you think you are there with a deal and drags for weeks if not months, then you think it is a dead deal for it all to be resurrected and done in twenty four hours. There are clubs that at this moment in time all appears to be going wonderfully well on the outside however when you get inside the club itself the ownership is awful, staff unhappy, things are being scrapped in which there is no future for the club however we are the complete opposite and we should be positive about our future as it looks a lot brighter than most clubs including those above us and we are the envy of many in terms of facilities and wages in which we spend.
    Whilst I would question your pronouncement that our club is "the complete opposite" of others seemingly well run, even successful , I would be going over old ground , albeit waterlogged or, as in SE7 last season, frozen, so I'll merely ask you one thing.

Let's suppose you could ask a selection of supporters, across the board, from the other 91 clubs to describe Charlton Athletic FC, in one short phrase, as they currently view our club, what do you think would be the overall perception ?

"Well respected" ? " Family friendly" ? " Well run" ? " Successful" ?

Or maybe "the complete opposite" ?
    Point taken, however would you not agree that the likes of Portsmouth, Newcastle, Leeds, plus many more have had shall we say controversial owners but the fans have still stuck by their teams, if you then draw a parallel to Aston Villa, Leyton Orient, Blackpool, Coventry, Blackburn and ourselves in the way our fans have reacted by the protesting of the board and staying away rather than supporting the team I think there is an argument there to support the team rather than rip it apart.
  • Chill everyone: )
  • Quick question, if you buy more than one ticket do you get more thab one box or just the one for all
  • SID said:

seth plum said:

SID said:

You know this celebrating the anniversary thing? Do you think the club, or the celebration committee have much idea about the struggle to return? Do you think the footsoldiers in the struggle to return and indeed any movers and shakers are involved in any planning for any celebration? Is there anybody who worked on the Valley Party campaign having any say?
    It is nice that people are pleased with a couple of freebies, but below the surface, in the depth of the return story exist many people who will not be particularly celebrated, but it is on the backs of those people that there are any celebrations at all.
    The names of all the players from that season are on the shirt, perhaps the names of all the Valley Party candidates (and I am not one) should've been there instead.
    It is a generational thing too. Katrien Meire would have been five or six at the time of the return, a lot of people involved in the club now might look on the campaigning generation as quaint black and white figures to be faintly patronised, or ignored completely, and have no real idea, on a sweaty visceral level what it took to bring our club home.
    So far the 25 year thing has felt plastic and exploitative, not organic and real, as it was at the time.
    Fucking hell, talk about over analysing. A fucking presentation box with a scarf. Lets face it Seth you couldn't be more indignant if it had contained a palace scarf and a 2017-2018 premier fixture list.

Well yes, a presentation box and a scarf, but it was your good self who added above 'to celebrate the 25th anniversary' which is what i am on about, i even specifically say 'It is nice that people are pleased with a couple of freebies', that isn't indignation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quick question, if you buy more than one ticket do you get more thab one box or just the one for all

Each season tickets comes in its own box
  • Apologies for being annoyed at some having a jossle over a fancy box ( for the record not people on here the Facebook group ) the man has taken us from a stable championship club to a average joe league 1 side, we will be lucky to scrape playoffs, but of course I'm not a charlton fan and only want the club to fail and should praise them for it.

25 years - of course remember it, but I'm not going to praise them, I would rather be in the championship as a stable club instead of where we are now with an exclusive Hummel kit - if I'm wrong and they have changed then I'll scoff humble pie, personally I think I'll be going hungry.

One season in the championship after being promot d,from league one after being down there for three seasons in of which one of those we finished in our lowest position ever does not make us a "stable club" does it? Under the tenure of Jeminez and Slater can you remember the pitch in which we played on and the firce criticism it came under especially the adandonmemt of the match in August due to a waterlogged pitch?
    Everything costs money as well as time, there are clubs in the championship and yes I can comment about this as I work within the game and am aware how long decisions can take to be made within football, you think you are there with a deal and drags for weeks if not months, then you think it is a dead deal for it all to be resurrected and done in twenty four hours. There are clubs that at this moment in time all appears to be going wonderfully well on the outside however when you get inside the club itself the ownership is awful, staff unhappy, things are being scrapped in which there is no future for the club however we are the complete opposite and we should be positive about our future as it looks a lot brighter than most clubs including those above us and we are the envy of many in terms of facilities and wages in which we spend.
    Whilst I would question your pronouncement that our club is "the complete opposite" of others seemingly well run, even successful , I would be going over old ground , albeit waterlogged or, as in SE7 last season, frozen, so I'll merely ask you one thing.

Let's suppose you could ask a selection of supporters, across the board, from the other 91 clubs to describe Charlton Athletic FC, in one short phrase, as they currently view our club, what do you think would be the overall perception ?

Point taken, however would you not agree that the likes of Portsmouth, Newcastle, Leeds, plus many more have had shall we say controversial owners but the fans have still stuck by their teams, if you then draw a parallel to Aston Villa, Leyton Orient, Blackpool, Coventry, Blackburn and ourselves in the way our fans have reacted by the protesting of the board and staying away rather than supporting the team I think there is an argument there to support the team rather than rip it apart.
    WIWALB, do you think the fans have ripped the club apart then? Obviously you and many are positive about things right now, which is good and things certainly seem to have taken a turn over the summer, of course we can only judge when we start playing competitive games. Do you think perhaps a change in approach by the club is in part due to thousands of fans protesting and showing their disapproval at the running of the club?
  • The people receiving this gift are probably the people that have renewed every year. So in that respect I don't see the point but that's a 'unique' relationship for you.

Not ordered a ticket and won't until he goes. Used to love the this time of the year.
  • Nug said:

Apologies for being annoyed at some having a jossle over a fancy box ( for the record not people on here the Facebook group ) the man has taken us from a stable championship club to a average joe league 1 side, we will be lucky to scrape playoffs, but of course I'm not a charlton fan and only want the club to fail and should praise them for it.

WIWALB, do you think the fans have ripped the club apart then? Obviously you and many are positive about things right now, which is good and things certainly seem to have taken a turn over the summer, of course we can only judge when we start playing competitive games. Do you think perhaps a change in approach by the club is in part due to thousands of fans protesting and showing their disapproval at the running of the club?
    I believe that the initial protests were justified and the club have clearly taken the fans views on board be it due to protests but more than likely after the fans meetings with the board which was huge step and to understand the feelings of the fans and interact with them.
    I don't agree with going to people's parents homes, posting leaflets through their neighbours doors, some of it got quite toxic, nasty and in the cold light of day this is a woman whom we are talking about that is someone's daughter/ sister/ partner etc and i am in no doubt a line was crossed.
    It has now reached a point where the fans who boycott or are anti the board and owner cannot and will not back down as they feel they will lose face and will continue to protest until the owner has gone and then claim victory regardless hat the club does or achieves which in my opinion is a sad time.
    What worries me more is some people wish for something but it is better the devil you know, and if the people leading this war on the current owner and are not happy with the next owner do they start another campaign. At what point does this stop.
    So in answer to the question there has to be an element of blame with certain parties and fans in which has been disruptive beyond reason and has killed part of the club.
  • edited July 2017

Portsmouth: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/portsmouth-fans-protest-outside-fratton-3367289

"Hundreds of angry ­Portsmouth supporters ­demonstrated yesterday ­before their side faced Sunderland in the FA Cup at Fratton Park. They blocked the main entrance into the director’s lounge, and called for the resignation of the rock-­bottom club’s owners. Police and stewards were forced to erect a barrier around the main entrance.

Chief executive Peter ­Storrie did come out to ­collect a petition from the supporters and attempted to reason with them. But they soon turned on him and unleashed a torrent of abuse in his direction.

During Pompey’s 2-1 ­victory some home fans ­invaded the pitch. They confronted Pompey players and ­appeared to be trying to get to the area in front of the directors’ box."

Leeds: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/leeds-fans-protest-massimo-cellino-reading

"Leeds United fans plan to march in protest against the club owner Massimo Cellino through the city centre streets before Saturday’s home Championship game against Reading.

The fans’ group Time To Go Massimo will join other supporters opposed to the Italian’s ownership of the club at Leeds City Square before embarking on a march to Elland Road."

Newcastle: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/12/newcastle-united-fans-unfurl-protest-banner-against-mike-ashleys-sports-direct

"A protest group is urging Newcastle fans to refuse to leave St James’ Park on Sunday one month after asking them to stay away.

The Ashley Out protest group has unveiled plans for a sit-in protest at St James’ following the final whistle on Sunday, writes Will Metcalfe in the Newcastle Chronicle.

Newcastle will take on West Ham in a game that could see them relegated for the second time in Mike Ashley’s tenure should Hull City beat Manchester United and the Magpies lose to West Ham.

The protest is the latest measure from the anonymous group which hopes to see Mr Ashley sell the club."

I guess it's a chicken & egg kind of question: what came first?

a. the toxic regime either left or had a complete strategic overhaul then the fans came back
    b. the fans started to support the toxic regime and things magically got better
  • Apologies for being annoyed at some having a jossle over a fancy box ( for the record not people on here the Facebook group ) the man has taken us from a stable championship club to a average joe league 1 side, we will be lucky to scrape playoffs, but of course I'm not a charlton fan and only want the club to fail and should praise them for it.

Portsmouth: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/portsmouth-fans-protest-outside-fratton-3367289

"Hundreds of angry ­Portsmouth supporters ­demonstrated yesterday ­before their side faced Sunderland in the FA Cup at Fratton Park. They blocked the main entrance into the director’s lounge, and called for the resignation of the rock-­bottom club’s owners. Police and stewards were forced to erect a barrier around the main entrance.

Chief executive Peter ­Storrie did come out to ­collect a petition from the supporters and attempted to reason with them. But they soon turned on him and unleashed a torrent of abuse in his direction.

During Pompey’s 2-1 ­victory some home fans ­invaded the pitch. They confronted Pompey players and ­appeared to be trying to get to the area in front of the directors’ box."

Leeds: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/leeds-fans-protest-massimo-cellino-reading

"Leeds United fans plan to march in protest against the club owner Massimo Cellino through the city centre streets before Saturday’s home Championship game against Reading.

The fans’ group Time To Go Massimo will join other supporters opposed to the Italian’s ownership of the club at Leeds City Square before embarking on a march to Elland Road."

Newcastle: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/12/newcastle-united-fans-unfurl-protest-banner-against-mike-ashleys-sports-direct

"A protest group is urging Newcastle fans to refuse to leave St James’ Park on Sunday one month after asking them to stay away.

The Ashley Out protest group has unveiled plans for a sit-in protest at St James’ following the final whistle on Sunday, writes Will Metcalfe in the Newcastle Chronicle.

Newcastle will take on West Ham in a game that could see them relegated for the second time in Mike Ashley’s tenure should Hull City beat Manchester United and the Magpies lose to West Ham.

The protest is the latest measure from the anonymous group which hopes to see Mr Ashley sell the club."

I guess it's a chicken & egg kind of question: what came first?

a. the toxic regime either left or had a complete strategic overhaul then the fans came back
    b. the fans started to support the toxic regime and things magically got better
    Be interesting to see how many of the supporters boycotted matches, didn't buy season tickets, wore different colour scarfs, or did they still continue to support their teams in their numbers as well as vocally?