Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• stonemuse said:

No particular surprises yet today.

Nah they're going to wait till they're going up the Mountain... Bardet and Uran would be crazy to try anything now.
  • stonemuse said:

Nah they're going to wait till they're going up the Mountain... Bardet and Uran would be crazy to try anything now.
    If Froome is feeling as good as he claims, I'd expect him to try and attack them (both in an effort to gain time and mess with their heads).
  • stonemuse said:

If Froome is feeling as good as he claims, I'd expect him to try and attack them (both in an effort to gain time and mess with their heads).
    I hope so, could be fascinating considering Uran looks like he is in real form.
  • edited July 2017

stonemuse said:

Reckon those comments were made yesterday to mess with their heads today... Do they attack early, waste energy and find that Froome does just keep up and sail past them, or do they attack late and risk Froome just keeping up with them. Both Uran and Bardet finished over 30secs behind in the first Time Trial so surely need to finish around a minute ahead of Froome today to ensure he's not a threat come Saturday.

Just glad Aru is effectively out of the running, for some reason dont like him, whether its because he tried to attack when Froome had the mechanical or whether its because he looks like Ed Milliband I really dont know
  • Bardet could be making first move
  • stonemuse said:

Bardet could be making first move

Is he going to try to open up a gap on the descent prior to the Col du Izoard?
  • I have a feeling that this plan of AG2R could badly backfire...
  • Aru being dropped.
  • This is fascinating
  • edited July 2017
    Hmm is Landa going rogue? - Or is this to force a Bardet / Uran attack?
  • Sponsored links:

• It could be a cunning plan - Sky may want to have 2 riders on the podium, or to force the others to react.
  • FINALLY!! - Bardet attacks :)
  • Froome attack
  • edited July 2017
    and here goes Froome :) - Bye Bye to the Tour de France 2017!!!!
  • Who on earth is going to win this Stage!!
  • Wow that was quite something.
  • Brilliant Stage!!... Bardet gets the seconds but sorry its now Froome's to seriously mess up!!
  • Blimey didnt realise the Simon Yates had done so well... White Jersey must be confirmed!!
  • Barguil has to be a future GC
  • Blimey didnt realise the Simon Yates had done so well... White Jersey must be confirmed!!

Should be now.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Barguil has to be a future GC

Barguil / Bardet... the French really shouldnt have to wait long for a Champion to come along
  • stonemuse said:

Barguil / Bardet... the French really shouldnt have to wait long for a Champion to come along
    Yup, getting closer
  • stonemuse said:

Warren Barguil 'future French tour winner' jersey 2017

*See Pinot, Bardet, etc etc etc
  • Sunweb surprised me, four stages, green and polkadot jersies, quite an achievement
  • stonemuse said:

Sunweb surprised me, four stages, green and polkadot jersies, quite an achievement

Not bad considering they won the Giro with Tom Dumoulin to.
  • Froome doesn't seem as strong as last year - but he's still strong enough - which says a lot about the man.

Looking ahead to next year, will be quite a race if Landa goes to Movistar as expected.
  • Still got the vuelta to come next month.
  • Still got the vuelta to come next month.

Which was superb last year.
  • The UAE team apparently will have a 30m budget next year, so expect them to be big players going forward
  • Great race today. Nicely set up for the time trial.