Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Its a great show. Im relatively new to watching it though.

Does anyone think the acting is a bit poor? Its a bit routine "emmerdale" like. Nothing special. Bar a few characters.

Love Khalisee. Even if i dont understand whats going on, its worth it just for her scenes.
  • Started it on Sunday night, up to episode 7. Will watch it for the sake of its ratings for the time being but for me it's not been amazing.
  • Started it on Sunday night, up to episode 7. Will watch it for the sake of its ratings for the time being but for me it's not been amazing.

Not trying to sound like a prick but there's absolutely no way you can judge after that few episodes. It gets better every season so keep watching.
  • Laddick01 said:

Started it on Sunday night, up to episode 7. Will watch it for the sake of its ratings for the time being but for me it's not been amazing.

Not trying to sound like a prick but there's absolutely no way you can judge after that few episodes. It gets better every season so keep watching.
    Yes I know, hence why I'm still watching.
  • edited July 2017
    2 consecutive episodes later and I've started episode 10, fair to say it's picked up a bit.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I was vaguely interested in Thrones up until the end of the first season. At which point I realised it was brilliant. Rewatched season one, and THEN realised Jon Snow and Robb Stark were different people, which explained how Robb was getting to the wall and back so quickly.

I did the same, I then read the books pretty sharpish and then was able to understand who the fuck everyone was
  • 2 consecutive episodes later and I've started episode 10, fair to say it's picked up a bit.

Episode 9s, always a winner.
  • top analysis from alt shift x as always

• Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Dazzler21 said:

WSS said:

The "restricted area" Harry Potter crossover with Jim Broadbent was a little bit cringe as well. Subtle enough not to be obvious though.

No idea what you're on about,but then I've never watched the potter films.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-rpslBk0c
    Ah Walder Frey came back to life...
  • Anyone else notice the books were being put back in place spine fitst? How the flip is anyone going to find the book they're looking for?

Even more so how did Sam find the book he wanted first time?
  • This map is interesting - I always thought the Iron Islands were to the east to Westeros.

What's to the east of the bit of Essos that we can see ?
  • edited July 2017
    I think there's a big desert there! Dothraki territory and such.

Edit: Here you go! https://quartermaester.info/
  • edited July 2017
    se9addick said:

This map is interesting - I always thought the Iron Islands were to the east to Westeros.

What's to the east of the bit of Essos that we can see ?

Valyria, Volantis, Meereen, Yunkai, Astapor, Vaes Dothrak etc.

The furthest East I believe the show has gone is Qarth.

Melisandre is supposedly from the far east city of Asshai.

• Thats Turkey isnt it?
  • edited July 2017

Thats Turkey isnt it?

And Westeros is Great Britain & upside down Ireland... makes the Scots wildlings.

• Essos appears to be a mixture of Eastern & Southern Europe, Turkey, the Middle East, Mongolia, with Valyria supposedly representing the fallen Roman Empire.

Westeros is mostly the British Isles with a bit of France/Spain thrown in.
  • This annoys me how obvious it is once you notice.

Even the thousand Islands are clearly based on the Aegean islands
  • "the King in The North" wearing a NUM donkey jacket in series one gave the game away
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope don't get that reference at all...
  • Fiiish said:

The religions are harder to pin down. The Faith of the Seven is clearly Catholicism in its structure.

I have a feeling there's going to be a twist with the religions. Not quite that Bran is actually all of the gods, but something that shows they're all one and the same.
  • That episode has put me off pies for life.
  • Yeah that was unpleasant. Did you think the finale was a bit rushed? Looked like they literally had it in fast forward in places. In fact it is in danger of feeling a bit rushed in general I think. Sam's been in the Citadel 5 minutes and on screen about 4 times and already done two things is of significance having spent 6 seasons doing not a great deal.
  • Yeah that was unpleasant. Did you think the finale was a bit rushed? Looked like they literally had it in fast forward in places. In fact it is in danger of feeling a bit rushed in general I think. Sam's been in the Citadel 5 minutes and on screen about 4 times and already done two things is of significance having spent 6 seasons doing not a great deal.

I actually think your spot on with the rushing part.

Don't get me wrong the plot is solid and every storyline is really interesting. It just feels like they've realised they need to start wrapping everything up which has led to some storylines being cut short etc.

With all that said I thought last nights episode was much stronger than the season opener. The Missandei scene was especially interesting.
  • Laddick01 said:

The Missandei scene was especially interesting.
    Yep!

• Laddick01 said:

Yeah that was unpleasant. Did you think the finale was a bit rushed? Looked like they literally had it in fast forward in places. In fact it is in danger of feeling a bit rushed in general I think. Sam's been in the Citadel 5 minutes and on screen about 4 times and already done two things is of significance having spent 6 seasons doing not a great deal.

Don't get me wrong the plot is solid and every storyline is really interesting. It just feels like they've realised they need to start wrapping everything up which has led to some storylines being cut short etc.

With all that said I thought last nights episode was much stronger than the season opener. The Missandei scene was especially interesting.
    Game of Thrones script editing is like my week at work, they're currently at about 2 pm on Friday.
  • Laddick01 said:

Yeah that was unpleasant. Did you think the finale was a bit rushed? Looked like they literally had it in fast forward in places. In fact it is in danger of feeling a bit rushed in general I think. Sam's been in the Citadel 5 minutes and on screen about 4 times and already done two things is of significance having spent 6 seasons doing not a great deal.

They would've planned all this plot some time ago, Benioff and Weiss are familiar with what Martin has planned. I think you're right in that they clearly had to thin the herd, and maybe this is a diversion from the books for that reason. They've got a lot of story to squeeze in.