Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Salary Controversy

Turns out the boys are getting more than the girls.

The main controversy for me is that not only does Vanessa Feltz get paid but she gets £350k a year... (matches Fiona Bruce, Grimshaw and Simon Mayo)

Comments

• Chizz said:

There are more men in the list of highest-paid BBC employees than women. That doesn't mean men get paid more than women in the BBC.

Not how it is being spun/will be spun by many.
  • colthe3rd said:

How the hell is Chris Evans worth at least 2.2 million a year. Graham Norton 900k. Ridiculous waste of money.

Regardless of what you personally think of both they pull in very high listening/viewing figures. Surely that's the point?
    Sums up the British viewing/listening public then. Norton isn't even funny.
  • edited July 2017
    They say on the news tonite that Norton's earnings for his chat show are not included in that figure. (I understand that where fees are paid by a production company they are not included.) So, the ex-friends top gear bloke doesn't feature because he is paid by BBC Worldwide.

I guess too, that people like Charlie Stayt, the breakfast presenter don't feature because he is a freelance and I guess his management company gets the "fee" for his services.
  • Jeremy Vine on £700,000 to £750,000 a year? Wtf

Would that be for Eggheads, his BBC2 radio show or his unbelievably bias election presenting?

• Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

They say on the news tonite that Norton's earnings for his chat show are not included in that figure. (I understand that where fees are paid by a production company they are not included.) So, the ex-friends top gear bloke doesn't feature because he is paid by BBC Worldwide.

I guess too, that people like Charlie Stayt, the breakfast presenter don't feature because he is a freelance and I guess his management company gets the "fee" for his services.

Crikey Norton earns more...ridiculous

Would that be for Eggheads, his BBC2 radio show or his unbelievably bias election presenting?

This is not for you. It's for licence payers. :-)

Thought you might be on here ibborg

Probably knows when to use bias or biased though.
  • colthe3rd said:

Jeremy Vine on £700,000 to £750,000 a year? Wtf

Probably knows when to use bias or biased though.
    So he fuckin should, working for the Beeb
  • How the hell is Chris Evans worth at least 2.2 million a year. Graham Norton 900k. Ridiculous waste of money.

Is that Chris Evans who has the most listened to show on the most listened to radio station in Europe ?
  • MrOneLung said:

How the hell is Chris Evans worth at least 2.2 million a year. Graham Norton 900k. Ridiculous waste of money.

Is that Chris Evans who has the most listened to show on the most listened to radio station in Europe ?
    So what skoda sell more cars than Ferraris does that make them better.
  • Lineker doing well for a couple of hours presenting per week. No wonder he is so unbearably smug
  • Lineker doing well for a couple of hours presenting per week. No wonder he is so unbearably smug

MOTD is generally watched anyway because folk wanna watch the football, why would they pay that jug eared crisp salesman that amount of dough to do it.

It ain't like he draws the viewers in is itm in fact i don't think I know anyone who likes him or thinks he does a good job
  • I saw this revealed earlier. Don't really see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Is it really a big deal?

Also, it's given Piers Morgan another platform to prove what a wanker he is once again on twitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw this revealed earlier. Don't really see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Is it really a big deal?

Also, it's given Piers Morgan another platform to prove what a wanker he is once again on twitter!

And he's on the living wage isn't he.
  • MrOneLung said:

So what skoda sell more cars than Ferraris does that make them better.
    That is based on economics.

In a world of free radio, his is the most popular show in Europe.

Not saying I personally like him, but can see why he gets paid so much based on those facts.
  • I agree it's an obscene amount of money to pay anybody. But the BBC is competing with the bottomless pockets of Rupert Murdoch and the much higher paying ITV. Was it Murdoch who made it so that the Beeb had to release how much they're paying their talent? Can't see it happening at Sky, can you?
    At least Lineker does some presenting, Alan Shearer gets over £400k for saying the same thing every week for 9 months of the year.
    Mind you, some of these people on this list are on less than Tex was.
  • Lineker is a decent presenter, but there are many who could do his job just as well. People watch match of the day for the football. A chat show host such as Graham Norton makes or breaks the show.
  • Same non-story they print every year. Maybe the BBC should spend more money on sourcing new talent rather than relying on people who were household names 20 years ago.
  • rananegra said:

I agree it's an obscene amount of money to pay anybody. But the BBC is competing with the bottomless pockets of Rupert Murdoch and the much higher paying ITV. Was it Murdoch who made it so that the Beeb had to release how much they're paying their talent? Can't see it happening at Sky, can you?
    At least Lineker does some presenting, Alan Shearer gets over £400k for saying the same thing every week for 9 months of the year.
    Mind you, some of these people on this list are on less than Tex was.

I agree. On first sight it seems ridiculous but comparing it to commercial channels it may not seem as bad.

So Evans is on £45,000 per week, same as lower scale Prem footballer. Now I am no Chris Evans fan, but I know who brings more value to entertainment and society.

I am more concerned by the gender pay difference but until you see responsibilities etc. It's difficult to compare. Again though Ita unfortunately probably led by what each presenter can get in the private sector.