Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Been a crash early on with Marcel Kittel involved...

Could be very interesting if he makes it over the Mountains today within the limit

Steve Cummings was also involved who did a bit of a barrel roll into a field whilst still on his bike
  • No Alpe d'Huez this year?
  • Been a crash early on with Marcel Kittel involved...

Could be very interesting if he makes it over the Mountains today within the limit

Steve Cummings was also involved who did a bit of a barrel roll into a field whilst still on his bike

As shite as it's been not having Sagan in the tour, it's made the green jersey comp much more interesting
  • Very eventful stage so far, enjoying it.
  • Quite a ride by Contador.
  • Kittel has abandoned the Tour!!
  • Kittel has abandoned the Tour!!

Wow handed the green to Matthews ,.. who may have got it anyway.
  • stonemuse said:

Kittel has abandoned the Tour!!

Matthews will probably have got the 20 on offer tomorrow meaning he'd go 9 (?) clear... Yet with two more flat stages it would surely have swung back into Kittel's favour, guess the issue was whether he'd make the time gap today?

On a plus side it means that Kittel falls one short of Cavendish who won six Stages in one Tour.

Nor does it look like he'll equal the Green Jersey win set by Cavendish back in 2011.
  • stonemuse said:

Matthews will probably have got the 20 on offer tomorrow meaning he'd go 9 (?) clear... Yet with two more flat stages it would surely have swung back into Kittel's favour, guess the issue was whether he'd make the time gap today?

On a plus side it means that Kittel falls one short of Cavendish who won six Stages in one Tour.

Nor does it look like he'll equal the Green Jersey win set by Cavendish back in 2011.
    Being entirely selfish, I'm glad he can't get Cav's record.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Being entirely selfish, I'm glad he can't get Cav's record.
    Oh on that basis I'm f**king delighted he cant get Cav's record lol! To be fair to Cav though he's also done it in the Giro d'Italia and Vuelta whereas Kittel doesnt seem to bother with them nor does the latter have a win in the Milan-San Remo
  • Contador mechanical and new bike but no panic by him.
  • Dan McLay has abandoned the Tour now...

In his condition I'd have been shocked had Cavendish got this far even without his crash

In his condition I'd have been shocked had Cavendish got this far even without his crash

Agreed.

For one desperate second, I thought you meant he was pregnant....
  • Hope the tour officials check the bike he replaced to avoid any doubts!
  • Getting fascinating now.
  • stonemuse said:

Getting fascinating now.

Aru appears to be struggling to hang on at the moment...

Few more Bardet / Froome attacks and he'll be toast... Looks like he is already actually
  • Now lets see how Froome keeps up with Bardet descending!! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Froomey
  • stonemuse said:

Well done Froomey

He just snatched third there didnt he... Would have got about three secs bonus on top of Bardet thanks to that!!
  • Both Bardet and Uran 27-secs behind in the GC now.

Simon Yates had a awful day today but stays ahead in the White Jersey by about 2-mins so should keep it into Paris
  • Storming ride by Roglic, one to watch out for.
  • Tomorrow will be fun, I think.
  • Tomorrow will be fun, I think.

Looking forward to it.
  • edited July 2017
    Loved seeing a sprinter Marshall being a minute in front of the chasers and five on the peleton halfway into the stage. How many times has that happened?
  • Lizzie Armistead has finished second in Stage One of La Course which has finished up the Col du Izoard a shorter version of what the Men are going to be tackling in a little while!!
  • Lizzie Armistead has finished second in Stage One of La Course which has finished up the Col du Izoard a shorter version of what the Men are going to be tackling in a little while!!

Bloody typical, she will be complaining in a BBC interview that she gets paid half what the men get yet she only cycles half the distance :wink:
  • No particular surprises yet today.