Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poll of the week: Will KR still be in charge by the end of the season?

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
I haven't heard anything, nor am I trying to stir things up, but with our deluded owner's track record of managerial appointments, do you see Robinson going the distance this season?

Poll of the week: Will KR still be in charge by the end of the season? 394 votes

Yes
34% 136 votes
No
65% 258 votes

Comments

• It depends so much on how the team does, which depends on the players Robinson can get in, which is not under his control and we've seen the results of that every year. So, to quote canters:

Not. A. Chance.

• Hovering around top 10 by Christmas and Santa will pay him an early visit.
  • Hovering around top 10 by Christmas and Santa will pay him an early visit.

Wager?
  • I must be in the minority here, but I hope he gets the whole season. I actually quite like the bloke (yes he can be a bit full on) but I like the system he's proposing to play, quite like the look of the squad he's putting together (in no doubt difficult circumstances) and think he should be cut a bit of slack and supported 100%.

won't do us any favours at all changing manager yet again

.........unless there's a whole sweeping ownership change etc.

To be honest I'd love to see a Manager start the season...

Still be here at the end of that season and then even be around for the next season that comes around!!
  • Given the right backing and funding to get the players in he wants to, then yes, but, as we know that's not gonna happen ,so no, gone by Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• hope im wrong and he is a visionary,havnt seen any evidence to back it though in fact all that ive seen so far is a manager who cant get the right players in to play a system he insists on, thinks he is Shankly when his probably more of a Mike Bassett.
  • Not convinced by him, but the constant changing of managers isn't helping us. However, I can't see any manager lasting a whole season under Roland.
  • I hope so. We need some consistency.
  • I appear to be more confident than others
  • I must be in the minority here, but I hope he gets the whole season. I actually quite like the bloke (yes he can be a bit full on) but I like the system he's proposing to play, quite like the look of the squad he's putting together (in no doubt difficult circumstances) and think he should be cut a bit of slack and supported 100%.

won't do us any favours at all changing manager yet again

.........unless there's a whole sweeping ownership change etc.

The poll is what we think will happen, not what we want to happen.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here hopes that we're up around the automatic places and get promoted and therefore he'll be here all season.............but it's unlikely.
  • He'll be gone by January.
    The SMT will tell us they wanted a new man in so he could bring in his signings in the transfer window using £25k of the £750k we get from selling Holmes.
  • cafcfan said:

Is he "in charge" now? Or just doing what he's told?

I'd like to think he's in charge, he put his foot down over the possible sale of Holmes and i doubt the Belgians would've got Bowyer in. Or am i deluded?
  • Yes and I think he gets us promoted and that will make us far more attractive for a sale come next summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• top six for us this year. Tail end of the season we played well and won games and yes it was against relegated sides but how often do relegated sides start winning when the pressure is off.

He will 100 percent be in charge come end of season.
  • I think he will stay, regardless of league position. Long as where not in the bottom 5.

He is the kind of suck up that might get away with more then what most other managers would.

The regime probably want to attempt to settle down now. Robbo is not good enough for Charlton. The coaches and players are ok ish for the league. Karl just doesn't cut it.

Hopefully he proves doubters wrong. Just cant see it though.
  • The only reason I have any kind of hope for Robinson is the run of form we saw toward the back end of last season. It started to look as though the team were playing how he wanted them to, and it was effective.

But correlation is not causation. That run could have been down to a variety of factors. And history tells us, having hope for a Roland regime is a grossly stupid thing.
  • Yes I hope so. I'll ignore his annoying chat, because that shouldn't be the major part of his job.

Unnecessary poll imo and surely is "stirring things up" ?
  • Personally I think he will be left with a threadbare squad, as per usual, think we will start well the fall away after 12-15 games as we did under Bob.

I really hope I'm wrong but on current form......
  • I'll be surprised if he's still in post at the end of this year! Not pleasantly surprised cos I don't rate him but any stability could be nice so long as performance isn't dire.
    Back to the question: roly will leave KR shorthanded in the squad; ergo performances & results will be shabby; ergo league position will be bottom third; ergo crowd hostility and protest activity will increase, someone will rattle roly's cage and bother his fragile temperament, the mad old plutocrat will pull the trigger and hand the fat scouse gobshite his cards.
    There's about a 7 to 10% chance KR's squad will be balanced and adequate come 31 August, from that there's about a 50% chance gobby will be able to elicit more ok performances/results than bad and Charlton could be about 8th come 30 November. In this scenario he stays til 2018 unless and until he somehow upsets roly himself. Out of the remaining 50% probability there could be a 5% chance KR actually rustles up a couple of strings of decent results pushing Charlton into the top 4 by December, in which case some Championship club with a trigger happy effwit owner will tap up gobby to replace whichever sap has just been sacked.
    In short we only get to enjoy KR's tenure for as long as things are sort of OK, if it's bad he'll get the push, if it's kinda good he'll quit for greener grass. And so roly's toxic pantomime resets for another go around the nightmeire merrygoround.
    lovely...
  • edited July 2017
    If we do start well this year and he remains in post by Christmas he will have performed miracles under a shoe string budget with the minimum amount of support from the ownership and deserves huge credit.

Any talk of fresh leaves and corners being turned or lessons learnt are just pure wishfull thinking folly.

Convincing an existing contracted player to stay is not a statement of intent but an absolute minimum requirement. It is the equivilent of London transport boasting 'all lines on the underground are running with no disruptions' we expect and demand no less.

I still smell the waft of permenant change in the air in which case I think the whole lanscape will alter and question of Robinsons future irrelevent.
  • I voted 'yes' .. of course as been stated above, and to restate the obvious .. it all depends on results even more than how the team performs ..
    I like to see us playing good open & attacking football but t b h, I'd rather a dull 1-0 win than an exciting 4-3 loss ..
    I didn't like Robinson's tactics or formations last season but now he has a few of his own signings we will see .. I am REALLY looking forward to 5/8
  • JiMMy 85 said:

The only reason I have any kind of hope for Robinson is the run of form we saw toward the back end of last season. It started to look as though the team were playing how he wanted them to, and it was effective.

But correlation is not causation. That run could have been down to a variety of factors. And history tells us, having hope for a Roland regime is a grossly stupid thing.

Very good points. I think some of that form was down to getting players like Magennis, JFC, and Pearce fit again. The February/March timeframe was a bastard for injuries. He's clearly working the team hard in pre-season, I suspect harder than we'e had a team work in some time. Hopefuly that will keep us from having the dips we've had in the last three years--Nov-January under Pieters, Nov-January under Fraeye, and February-March last year.