Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scapegoat for coming season

I'm still a little confused as to who the official scapegoat for the coming season will be - I thought originally it was confirmed as Lewis Page but now it seems Dillon Phillips and Naby Sarr are being considered.

I don't want to hurl abuse at the wrong player.

Comments

• Mark Marshall.
  • If Sarr is here then he's absolutely the right man for the job.
  • Katrien!
  • Lennon
  • edited July 2017
    Reckon there will be a good few at times this season if around

Naby Sarr | Dillon Phillips | Cristian Ceballos | Ben Reeves | Lewis Page | Lee Novak | Harry Lennon | Tony Watt

Chris Solly won't be a scapegoat but reckon there will be a few who'll instantly have the "past it" opinion of him and he'll replace Johnnie Jackson as the player who's legs have gone
  • Reckon there will be a good few at times this season if around

Naby Sarr | Dillon Phillips | Cristian Ceballos | Ben Reeves | Lewis Page | Lee Novak | Harry Lennon | Tony Watt

Chris Solly won't be a scapegoat but reckon there will be a few who'll instantly have the "past it" opinion of him and he'll replace Johnnie Jackson as the player who's legs have gone

It'seems going to be a hard season with all this choice - we need Foxy back!

Cant see any of them being permanent starters either so who we boo when none of them are on the pitch!! - We need that (W)Ebbsfleet system where instead of picking the team there is a poll prior to the start so we know who to vent our frustration at

Cant see any of them being permanent starters either so who we boo when none of them are on the pitch!! - We need that (W)Ebbsfleet system where instead of picking the team there is a poll prior to the start so we know who to vent our frustration at
    Perhaps we could resign Relegation Rog and get him to trot around the pitch...
  • Crofts if he has a run in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Karl Robinson?

He'll be a great scapegoat for playing Kashi more than five mins each game as he's made of glass
  • Judging by pre season Clarke and Nabby if he sticks around.
  • What about Karl Robinson?

He'll be a great scapegoat for playing Kashi more than five mins each game as he's made of glass

He deserves to be. I'm expecting at least half of the squad to be injured by early September as a consequence of Karl's ill-conceived super-physical pre-season.

On the pitch, Sarr would certainly be a good choice - when your most comically bad player is also one of your highest paid and most expensive signings, he is to be a front runner for the coveted "Official Scapegoat" position. Clarke and Novak have also got potential.
  • theres a scapegoat - and theres criticising a lazy player.

tony watt last season was a lazy fucker, hes admitted it so now move on.
  • edited July 2017
  • Reckon it'll be Forster-Caskey.
  • Billy Clarke I reckon.
  • edited July 2017
    Pedro45 said:

Katrien!

Scape goat..not Scape horse :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Morgan fox
  • Novak seems to be building a strong case too.
  • I would imagine the definition of scapegoat is something like someone who receives unfair or over the top criticism - in which case Nabby Sarr could never be deemed a scapegoat.
  • hate these sort of threads, which are basically 'lets dig out the fans'

football supporters always have split opinions on players, and not all of them will be positive. That's the nature of the beast.

I totally agree , our fans are wank , they are the scapegoats .
    Shit noise , fuck all songs , zero personality
  • hate these sort of threads, which are basically 'lets dig out the fans'

football supporters always have split opinions on players, and not all of them will be positive. That's the nature of the beast.

You're getting very sensitive! It was only meant to be light hearted.

The only fans that bother me are the ones that stand about two yards away from one of our players while screaming out 'you're a f***ing useless c***' and thinking this will motivate them.

• Wouldn't it be much fairer if we just boooed the whole team, every man-jack of them, for 90 minutes. Plus,boo them on to the pitch and boo them off, even if we win?
  • Leuth said:

hate these sort of threads, which are basically 'lets dig out the fans'

Anyone who abuses our own players needs thorough and repeated digging out
    Not unique to Charlton by any means, but I totally agree. Remember Michael Slater and Chris Powell both explaining in their programme notes a few years ago that getting on the players' backs has a detrimental effect on their performance ('cos apparently some people can't figure that out for themselves).

Prior to Roland arriving, the only time I'd ever given the players any grief was when we lost to Palace's reserves at home in the Carling Cup in 2004. Been a bit more challenging the last few years, and I might have discarded my principles a couple of times to give Rojo and Reza some stick.