Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

Had a couple in the Gypsy Moth last night, after work, and we walked past where this happened on way home. Fortunately a good few hours before this happened.

A bad couple of days on London's streets, following the senseless, brainless, acid attacks the night before.

In company last night, but usually have my earphones in when alone. Finding myself doing that less lately, just feels like I should be more aware of what's going on around me.

Acid attacks seem to becoming more common...good idea not walking around with ear phones in...got to keep your wits about you these days.
  • Acid attacks are up but violent crime is way down.. so I guess it depends how much you're affected by the media.

RIP to the poor victim btw, sounds absolutely awful.
  • if i had been asked how many acid attacks had occured in the UK last year i would have guessed in single figures, yet last night they said it was 200 !! WTF is wrong with people ?
    --
  • if i had been asked how many acid attacks had occured in the UK last year i would have guessed in single figures, yet last night they said it was 200 !! WTF is wrong with people ?
    --

Agree with you there....they were talking about it this morning on R5L....seems it's all about leaving 'your' mark on someone (gang talk)....but why they would attack takeaway delivery riders like that who knows?....it's bloody sick that's for sure, just hope those in authority can nip this in the bud quickly.
  • They attack delivery riders to nick the pizzas or the scooter.
  • Drugs.dealers' on dealer's let then get on with it.scum of the earth same as bugler's
  • You no what I mean.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    cazo said:

You no what I mean.

You KNOW what I mean!
    Sorry mate, just having a laugh here.
  • If you get caught with acid, there's a far less punishment than carry a knife.
  • TelMc32 said:

Had a couple in the Gypsy Moth last night, after work, and we walked past where this happened on way home. Fortunately a good few hours before this happened.

A bad couple of days on London's streets, following the senseless, brainless, acid attacks the night before.

In company last night, but usually have my earphones in when alone. Finding myself doing that less lately, just feels like I should be more aware of what's going on around me.

thought the same as you just the other day. usually when wandering around town i tune out with some music but the other day I felt as if I have to be more alert to my surroundings in future.
  • edited July 2017
    Really tragic and senseless.

There seems to be no deterrent to stop this happening, or do the perpetrators think they can get away with it?
  • AFKA ----GBH carrys a life sentence ----Courts should use the laws they have
  • News reports say shots were fired but the victim was stabbed. I think there could be more to this than a robbery or whatever.
  • Saw a couple of ambulances in Greenwich at about that time as I was coming back from having a few beers around Cutty Sark. Had no idea it was something this tragic though
  • My Nans nephew (my 2nd cousin?). I never met him but my sister told me this morning and the family are understandably devastated.

Another family torn apart.
  • Didn't recognise the name but as soon as I saw the face I now do. Very sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

There seems to be no deterrent to stop this happening, or do the perpetrators think they can get away with it?

Perpetrators always think they can get away with it; if they thought they were going to get caught, they wouldn't do it.

That's why (sadly) harsh sentences don't act as much of a deterrent.
    The casual attitude towards using violence is truly shocking - as a society we seem too accepting of it.

• Stig said:

Perpetrators always think they can get away with it; if they thought they were going to get caught, they wouldn't do it.

That's why (sadly) harsh sentences don't act as much of a deterrent.
    The casual attitude towards using violence is truly shocking - as a society we seem too accepting of it.

you only have to watch kids computer games to see where it comes from.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't really like these sort of threads on here, but chucking acid in someone's face is quite possibly the most evil, cowardly thing I could ever consider anyone doing. Absolute scumbags.

They need to put ridiculous long sentences on this to act as a deterrent before this gets any more widespread

Any violent crime should have a ridiculously long sentence. I am fed up with hearing about Acid attacks, people being beaten up by groups, stabbings and shootings. It's all just so f***ed up and it continues because people are less scared of the consequences of doing it than the consequences of not doing it.

Gang violence is slowly getting more and more out of hand. Firearms are becoming more and more readily available and it's sickeningly backwards behaviour.

There are harsh sentences in the US but plenty of violent crime so it's not that simple. We have a society that worships greed, selfishness and violence so maybe that's part of the issue?

• Don't really like these sort of threads on here, but chucking acid in someone's face is quite possibly the most evil, cowardly thing I could ever consider anyone doing. Absolute scumbags.

They need to put ridiculous long sentences on this to act as a deterrent before this gets any more widespread

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40641841

Just jaw dropping that someone would do this.
  • Don't really like these sort of threads on here, but chucking acid in someone's face is quite possibly the most evil, cowardly thing I could ever consider anyone doing. Absolute scumbags.

Sickening

now someone like that does need stringing up, like wise with anyone that interferes with kids, they no longer have a purpose on this earth in my opinion and would be of no great loss.