Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Been reliably informed from STVV boys that Ceballos is to sign for them tomorrow (Monday).

Comments

• Shame but not overly surprised
  • This is all part of the Naby Sarr Club Legend narrative, just wait, it's taking shape
  • use of the 'network' by Duchatelet .. splitting his resources at the probable expense of CAFC ..
    I do wonder however if Ceballos, as good and skilful as he is, would be up to a full season of getting hoofed about in our league
  • I think the artificial pitch and less aggressive style in Belgium suits Cebellos.
    On the one hand Cebellos has had such a good pre season that losing him now might strengthen Robinson's hand in securing a decent replacement, on the other hand Meire and Duchatelet haven't seen the pre season influence of Cebellos so would probably ignore any case made by Robinson.
  • You watch... Ceballos will join STVV on Monday and Reeves will join Sheff Utd on Tuesday leaving us with no central player in said mold!!
  • So moving on 17th - the day new owners were supposed to be taking over
  • Sponsored links:

• If this happens, is it because Roland is selling and moving assets before hand? Before I get hopeful, if this was the case, igor would have gone permanently
  • Why have we been playing him in every pre-season game then? He seems to have done quite well from the reports i've read.
  • Why have we been playing him in every pre-season game then? He seems to have done quite well from the reports i've read.

I'm pretty sure Tex played every game until yesterday too though didn't he?
  • I could be wrong, but i think STVV start their season a little bit later than us because of the playoff system. Maybe they've used us to get the two fit ?
  • I could be wrong, but i think STVV start their season a little bit later than us because of the playoff system. Maybe they've used us to get the two fit ?

Start before us on 28th July
  • If true and it is about balancing the squads and the books I assume Robbo had to make a decision on which of his decent players he would lose. Kash is the one to keep as there are very few of his type about and is also good enough for the Championship should we ever get there.

I also guess that STVV were not overly impressed with Sarr's flexability along the back 4 but Robbo gave it every chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really thought we would keep him. How wrong can you be.
  • My heart is broken.
  • When it's on the official site and all, but this would be maddening. The best player in pre-season by a country mile. Used to be ON THE BOOKS @se9addick ;) at Spurs and Barcelona.
  • SDAddick said:

When it's on the official site and all, but this would be maddening. The best player in pre-season by a country mile. Used to be ON THE BOOKS @se9addick ;) at Spurs and Barcelona.

That's more like it !
  • edited July 2017
    se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

When it's on the official site and all, but this would be maddening. The best player in pre-season by a country mile. Used to be ON THE BOOKS @se9addick ;) at Spurs and Barcelona.

That's more like it !
    Whilst he was on the book, do you imagine he played a bit of football...?
  • SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

That's more like it !
    Completely irrelevant now though
  • SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

That's more like it !
    Completely irrelevant now though
    Hey, hey, don't break up our pedantry hour.
  • SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

That's more like it !
    Not for them he didn't.

They might have let him in the training ground every now and then though.
  • se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

That's more like it !
    Not for them he didn't.

They might have let him in the training ground every now and then though.
    And do you think he was just there laying out the cones?!?!?!