Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 19 Euro's

England top a group that featured Holland and Germany with 3 wins out of 3.

Following on from reaching the U17 Euro final, winning the U20 world cup and reaching the U21 Euro's semis, it's not been a bad summer and shows there's clearly some talent there.

Just need to hope that these 17-20 years old actually get a chance in the premier league.

Comments

• Brilliant showing. Topped the group by 5 points.

We looked a class above Germany. The front 3 of Mount, Brereton and Sessegnon looked unplayable at times.

If England don't win this tournament they have underachieved IMO. Semi final is on Wednesday and the final is at 5pm on Saturday.

• Didn't Germany basically play most of their u-21 team in confederation cup, u-20 team in the under 21 tournie and the u17 in the u-20 tournament ?
  • MrOneLung said:

Didn't Germany basically play most of their u-21 team in confederation cup, u-20 team in the under 21 tournie and the u17 in the u-20 tournament ?

I think that is correct. England haven't been able to call up Tom Davies of Everton and Trent Alexander Arnold of Liverpool. Probably their best two players at this age group.
  • Dont want to be a killjoy, but we all know by the time they get to full national status they will have it all coached out of them- or fallen by the wayside whilst being loaned out by Chelsea.
    Hope im wrong.
  • edited July 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Didn't Germany basically play most of their u-21 team in confederation cup, u-20 team in the under 21 tournie and the u17 in the u-20 tournament ?

To some extent, but not entirely. That U-21 group was still mostly the core from qualification, minus a couple (Timo Werner being the big one).

The team they took to the Confed Cup was pretty young though. There are players like Brandt, Ginter, Kimmich who are U-21 eligible, but who have been with the national team for a while now. To be fair to England (whose U-21 team wasn't all that strong in my opinion), they had players like Luke Shaw, Sterling, and Deli Alli who were technically available.

I didn't actually think the German U-21 side was quite as strong as some others, but they did what Germans do and they won.
  • England top a group that featured Holland and Germany with 3 wins out of 3.

Following on from reaching the U17 Euro final, winning the U20 world cup and reaching the U21 Euro's semis, it's not been a bad summer and shows there's clearly some talent there.

Just need to hope that these 17-20 years old actually get a chance in the premier league.

Also worth noting I think is that players like Joe Gomez, Izzy Brown, Patrick Roberts, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Kasey Palmer, and Harry Winks didn't play for either the U-20s or U-21s, but all of them have tremendous upsides.
  • Today's game v Czech Republic is on Eurosport 2 at 5pm.
  • Dont want to be a killjoy, but we all know by the time they get to full national status they will have it all coached out of them- or fallen by the wayside whilst being loaned out by Chelsea.
    Hope im wrong.

Well we beat Germany 4-1 so will be surprised if the Premier League sides arent trying to sign both the German 'keeper and Goalscorer ahead of the new season
  • Also just remembered we won the Toulon tournament again with pretty much a B team
  • Portugal are 1-0 up against Holland in their semi final.

England play at 5PM.
  • Sponsored links:

• 93rd minute winner takes England into the final where we'll play Portugal.

Fortunate though as the Czechs had loads of chances
  • edited July 2017
    93rd minute goal from England, 1-0 winners. The kid who scored a lovely back heel had missed an open goal, seconds before.

All of Czech Republic chances were crosses aimed towards Jay Da Silva. He looked vulnerable in the air.
  • Means that England entered 5 tournaments this summer across various age groups and we've reached 4 finals
  • Da Silva hit the post in the first half with a great cross shot.
  • 1-0 England after 50mins.

Footballs coming home
  • edited July 2017
    We've just gone 1-0 up in the final. Just over half an hour left
  • Shit, i jinxed that. 1-1 now
  • edited July 2017
    Still 2-1 with 4 mins left, but just had a player sent off.
  • edited July 2017
    2-1 win.

What a summer of football for England.

I hope some of these lads will get a chance next season.

Next tournament is in Russia. Will football finally be coming home?
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations to Mark Robson, one of the coaches
  • 2-1 win.

What a summer of football for England.

I hope some of these lads will get a chance next season.

Next tournament is in Russia. Will football finally be coming home?

Nope... these kids have gone into each tournament with zero pressure and have barely been mentioned by the media.

Any English player doing well in the Premier League next season will instantly be hyped by media and fans for the World Cup squad the moment the first ball is kicked in August and before the month is over, all but a handful will have received criticsm... the same will happen every month until the end of the season and it'll be ridiculous.

Until that pressure is even remotely dropped a huge amount (I dont expect it to completely disappear), the England Manager will always have a difficult job.

The pressure has already been raised this summer, the kids have done well so the Seniors will be expecting to do just as well, if they dont the old arguments of (Oh well we should have just taken the kids)
  • Great achievement, like the under-20s this summer in the World Cup. What's the coverage and interest been like for these in England?
  • Great achievement, like the under-20s this summer in the World Cup. What's the coverage and interest been like for these in England?

I've been following all the tournaments closely yet when we won the U20 World Cup I went into work the next day on a small high yet my work colleagues could barely be bothered to shrug... Not glamorous enough for them!!

Very little. No pubs were showing the under 19s final or under 17s final.

Under 20s picked up towards the semi final and the final was on BBC 1. Had the pleasure of watching that in a pub in Edinburgh.
  • I noticed there was a josh dasilva in the squad who plays for arsenal, I wonder if he is Jay's brother?

Actually just checked I believe he is and they have another brother too
  • Well done lads.
  • I noticed there was a josh dasilva in the squad who plays for arsenal, I wonder if he is Jay's brother?

Josh Dasilva isn't Jay DaSilva's brother.

Jay's brothers are Rio and Cole.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I noticed there was a josh dasilva in the squad who plays for arsenal, I wonder if he is Jay's brother?

Josh Dasilva isn't Jay DaSilva's brother.

Jay's brothers are Rio and Cole.
    Ok thanks for the clarification. amazing to have 2 players with the same (unusual) surname in the national side and not related.