Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bands/Songs you wouldn't admit to liking, nows yer chance to reveal all;)

Comments

• edited July 2017
    And here's another, oh the shame of it.

Superstar-The Carpenters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmmaIGiGBg
  • Thought C&W was rubbish until I heard the Carter Family. Love 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash.
  • I was a big fan of some boybands many years ago: 911, Boyzone, Westlife, Blue.

Still a big fan of Take That.
  • edited July 2017
    I see your boy bands, your guitar man ( which I also rather like) and your Karen Carpenter and I raise you PFM and Celebration. I bought this when I was a kid. That is all I will say.
    Have a listen, it's a lovely way to start a Saturday. :blush:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erOcHXaIZhA&sns=em
  • Victims - Culture Club :neutral:
  • Quite like some of Avril Lavigne's stuff :blush:
  • OMC How Bizarre
  • Adam and the Ants, bearing in mind their biggest hits all came out 6/7 years before I was born.
  • Wham/George Michael - Careless Whisper
    Spandau Ballet - Barricades
    Culture Club - Victims
    Five Star - Rain or Shine

Most people know my obesssion with Elvis, but, the best band ever for me was The Smiths, but there's no shame in admitting that.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Elvis. Thought I hated him. Ended up buying 50 or 60 albums and read both of the Guralnick books.
  • Was in Ireland. Did I miss a cover to cover this week?
  • Yes Sir I Can Boogie - Baccara
    Some Girls - Rachel Stevens
    Straight Up - Paula Abdul
  • I want money - The Flying Lizards.
  • ABBA - very underrated songwriters.
  • Elvis. Thought I hated him. Ended up buying 50 or 60 albums and read both of the Guralnick books.

Guralnick divides the Elvis community
  • DA9DA9
    edited July 2017

Elvis. Thought I hated him. Ended up buying 50 or 60 albums and read both of the Guralnick books.

Get the American sound Studio albums produced by chips moman (1969) apart from the early sun stuff, Elvis at his best vocally and song choice.
  • From more recently, Harry Styles; sign of the times. Everything within me told me I should detest anything he produced, but its a decent track
  • Aha - hunting high and low
  • Sponsored links:

• Girls on Film-Duran Duran
  • Bran van 3000 drinking in LA
  • I went through the 1980s liking jazz-funk: Shakatak, Shalamar, Imagination, George Benson... Bubble perms and padded shoulders. They weren't THAT bad, were they? Were they?
  • Sailor -A Glass of Champagne
  • I went through the 1980s liking jazz-funk: Shakatak, Shalamar, Imagination, George Benson... Bubble perms and padded shoulders. They weren't THAT bad, were they? Were they?

Yes!
  • Shrew said:

Aha - hunting high and low

Aha-Hungry like the Wolf.
  • Shrew said:

that was Duran Duran .. a terrific sound
  • Shrew said:

Oh yeah, definitely didn't like their song. Aha was, Cry like a Wolf, I think?
  • Mily Cyrus - Wreaking Ball
  • Shrew said:

Oh yeah, definitely didn't like their song. Aha was, Cry like a Wolf, I think?
    Cry Wolf was the Aha song.