Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Fred Perry racist?

Never realised my wardrobe was racist , shit.

https://youtu.be/s70gTXkV8N8

Comments

• I don't know but it's a bit weird.

The brand belongs to a Japanese Company pretending its British. But does actually make some stuff in England.

Which is the complete opposite of SuperDry, which is a UK Company pretending it's Japanese. But making everything in the Far East.
  • cafcfan said:

I don't know but it's a bit weird.

The brand belongs to a Japanese Company pretending its British. But does actually make some stuff in England.

Which is the complete opposite of SuperDry, which is a UK Company pretending it's Japanese. But making everything in the Far East.

Never thought of it that way. I presume Perry's were previously British owned and made though?
  • edited July 2017
    Bloke has a point but what a twat.

Knows nothing about Mod, the EDL is full of Jamaicans (all Caribbean immigrants are from JA), confuses yardies with rude boys, calls Jamaicans the original skinheads and the most easily assimilated racial group who he likes more than Sikhs. WTF?

No Fred Perry isn't racist, just some Nazi dickheads wear it. Talk about labouring a point.
  • Might as well conclude that Doc Martens are racist as well then
  • Bloke has a point but what a twat.

Knows nothing about Mod, the EDL is full of Jamaicans (all Caribbean immigrants are from JA), confuses yardies with rude boys, calls Jamaicans the original skinheads and the most easily assimilated racial group who he likes more than Sikhs. WTF?

No Fred Perry isn't racist, just some Nazi dickheads wear it. Talk about labouring a point.

Yup, there were some good points there but he certainly doesn't 'know his history'.
  • Is this what passes for infotainment these days?
  • buckshee said:

Come on, we all knew that you were racist, buckshee!

You were the only one who didn't.
  • He's dead isn't he?
  • buckshee said:

Come on, we all knew that you were racist, buckshee!

You were the only one who didn't.
    Seeing as how my wardrobe is like a Fred Perry shop maybe. I've even got one with pacman on , is he racist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Gavin Mcinnes , leader of the Canadian chapter of white pride according to the left (who conveniently forget that he's married to a native American)
  • buckshee said:

Gavin Mcinnes , leader of the Canadian chapter of white pride according to the left (who conveniently forget that he's married to a native American)

Even more of a twat than I thought then. Being married to a native American (first nations in Canada) doesn't stop you being a racist or a twat. Don't know if he's the first but certainly the second.
  • But he's being labeled a "white supremisist" . If that's the case why would he be married to someone who clearly isn't white?

Maybe a twat to some fair enough he's not everyone's cup of tea but a racist ? Not for me.
  • Lambretta and Vespa need to be investigated!
  • Buckshee getting bolder and bolder with his alt-right shitposting I see
  • Racist like Father Ted?.
  • uLambretta and Vespa need to be investigated!

and what about black monkey boots!
  • Does that make Ben Sherman shirts racist?
  • Fred Perry was adopted by the late 70's early 80's skinhead revival, not racist, if so, crombies, green flight jackets (crisp bags) and Ben Sherman shirts are too.

Not everyone who wears Stone Island is a football hooligan
  • Sponsored links:

• Damn I bought a Fred Perry top on Thursday. And it was a black shirt
  • edited July 2017
    There wasn't a mod in the country who did'nt own a few FP's circa 1964/66.....we were the first to make them a 'well known' household name........though they had of course been around for some years.
    For those who don't know, Fred Perry was a world No1 tennis player and won Wimbledon 3 times.....he was English of course.
    He established the Fred Perry brand in 1952.
    Mods wore only plain colour shirts....no piping or designs, other than the iconic laurel leaf logo.
  • Mod was absolutely not racist, by the definition of the day.
    The original Skinhead movement was not racist. Indeed it adopted Black largely Jamaican music, Skins and Rudies would mix in clubs to listen. The Fred Perry was everywhere then.
    Later racist Skins emerged because they liked the 'hard' look of Skinheads. It caused a lot of bother between various factions.
    As a scooter owner and rider I still meet with and mix with old Mods/Skins/Scooterboys. The Fred Perry is still here and the guys are almost entirely a fine bunch who wish harm or racist hate on no one.
  • Daggs said:

Mod was absolutely not racist, by the definition of the day.
    The original Skinhead movement was not racist. Indeed it adopted Black largely Jamaican music, Skins and Rudies would mix in clubs to listen. The Fred Perry was everywhere then.
    Later racist Skins emerged because they liked the 'hard' look of Skinheads. It caused a lot of bother between various factions.
    As a scooter owner and rider I still meet with and mix with old Mods/Skins/Scooterboys. The Fred Perry is still here and the guys are almost entirely a fine bunch who wish harm or racist hate on no one.

I'm sure what side your razor parting was showed whether you were racist or not. I had mine on the left circa 69. Not racist.
  • Lol you might as well post up some Prison Planet while you're at it.
  • Lol you might as well post up some Prison Planet while you're at it.

Is that for me?
  • Damn I bought a Fred Perry top on Thursday. And it was a black shirt

• http://www.nationalobserver.com/2017/03/15/news/rebel-media-defending-contributor-behind-repulsive-rant-was-praised-white

Yeah...he's a neo-Nazi in a nice suit with funny facial hair. That still makes him a neo-Nazi. You can be racist and marry people of color. You're still racist.
  • Who the fuck is that bloke on the video? Proper annoying.