Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Awesome new ESPN "30-for-30" Documentary on George Best

Just out. 100-minutes. This is great. Who would have thunk ESPN would do one of these on a footballer. Hope you can access....

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3121517/30-for-30--george-best--all-by-himself

Comments

• I don't think it was an ESPN documentary was it ?
  • The 30-for-30 series tends to be excellent. They've also launched a podcast with the fantastic Jody Avirgan.
  • se9addick said:

I don't think it was an ESPN documentary was it ?

Joint BBC NI, ESPN production I think
  • The first 30 for 30 series was very good. Some great episodes, but 'The Two Escobars' and 'Four days in October' were outstanding.
  • The 30 for 30 series is brilliant. Really gets you interested in some sports you never think you'd care about. Some of the basketball documentaries are outstanding.
  • Cafc95 said:

The 30 for 30 series is brilliant. Really gets you interested in some sports you never think you'd care about. Some of the basketball documentaries are outstanding.

Agree completely. Some fascinating and not obvious stories.
  • SDAddick said:

The 30-for-30 series tends to be excellent. They've also launched a podcast with the fantastic Jody Avirgan.

Really enjoyed the first 2 podcasts especially as I'm a Red Sox fan.

Love all the 30 for 30 output. Unguarded is still my favourite even if it always seems to get a bit dusty wherever I'm watching.
  • Just watched this. Really well done. Watching it made me realize that the 68 European Cup final is the fist game I can remember. I know I watched the World Cup , but it all very vague. That 68 game I can remember today, especially The first two Man U goals
  • I had heard his name many times but never knew much about him. Seems like a prelude to a now-common tale of talent self-destructing.

This was just broadcast this week in the USA. It's really rare to have a football related documentary in this country. Hopefully more to come.