Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Ajose joins Bury - season long loan

Split from the rumours thread.

Clearly not wanted here since Robinson took over

Comments

• edited July 2017
    In some ways i'm pleased it's Ajose instead of Novak. Personally I think Magennis and Watt are the only current senior strikers worth a place in the squad apart from the youngsters Hanlan etc and I would clear the rest of them out.

Looks like Novak is staying then, he'll be useful cover for Magennis though I do feel there are still better and cheaper options out there to provide cover but there are more pressing matters than cover for Magennis like Martin, Da Silva or Reeves hopefully this frees up the wages to sign one of these.

As for Bury being promotion rivals granted they've made a few good signings but i'd say the jury's out on them being promotion contenders.
  • Not overly worried about him leaving. Hopefully this means we can get a replacement in midfield/attack.

I'm still worried about our lack of goals,but we were never going to utilize his strengths so happy we shifted him out.
  • His 3rd loan spell at Bury, so he'll settle in quickly

His stats do suggest that his form with Swindon rather looks like the exception rather than the norm
  • Good. Just don't rate him. Yet another crap buy.
  • if he stayed he would of carried on being crap. now he's left watch him bag 20 goals this season.
  • This regime's Izale mcloud. Looked good for about 5 mins and then toilet.
  • Sponsored links:

• This regime's Izale mcloud. Looked good for about 5 mins and then toilet.

That's 5 mins more than most of the others :wink:
  • the wages saved will go on the goalkeeper and until more are sold/wages freed up i cant see anyone else coming in,its part of the script.
  • No great loss, given KR's preferred tactics and style.

But, as always, it's what the club does next that really matters. Will the saved wages be invested in the team? Will they sign a striker to give Josh a bit of serious competition and boost our firepower? If the answer to these questions is yes then it's a decent bit of business (except if we are indeed subsidising his wages). If not, it leaves us short of front men of the right quality.
  • Well we desperately need to sign a decent goalscorer so with Vetokele and Ajose both out on loan for the season hopefully that frees up a space for one incoming.
  • Well we desperately need to sign a decent goalscorer so with Vetokele and Ajose both out on loan for the season hopefully that frees up a space for one incoming.

Don't hold your breath.

• Great bit of business that Meire. Out of your depth
  • Bury's developing a decent squad for the coming season and are worth an e/w bet for promotion .. (mind you, the same could be said for several 'unfashionable' 3rd strata clubs)
  • dickplumb said:

Well we desperately need to sign a decent goalscorer so with Vetokele and Ajose both out on loan for the season hopefully that frees up a space for one incoming.

Don't hold your breath.

Yes i know.
    It's the hope that kills ya
  • Bury have bought well this summer so could be amongst the front runners this year. He's totally not suited to the way KR wants to play but in a side doing well that plays to his strengths he could easily be amongst the divisions leading scorers next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bury have bought well this summer so could be amongst the front runners this year. He's totally not suited to the way KR wants to play but in a side doing well that plays to his strengths he could easily be amongst the divisions leading scorers next season.

It might be helpful to play to the strengths of the players we've already have (& spent big money on) buy bringing in players who suit their style of play rather than getting rid of them all & then trying to start afresh. Not very sound economics imo.
  • Essex_Al said:

Found his performances very frustrating. His finishing was poor and his first touch worse.

Neither manager played a system that suited him and he was wasted out wide but he didnt perform well imho.

Bury have sold a player for 900k and replaced him with a subsidized loan. Good business for them.

We've temporarily moved on a player who didn't suit our formation and freed up some of his wages. OK business for us but again the mistakes of the past hang like a mill stone around our neck.

Agree with most of that, but how do you know the loan is subsidised?
    Educated guess. If they were paying 100% of his wages they might as well buy him.

They have money but are only loaning him which suggests to me that they are getting better value this way ie his wages are being subsidised.
  • edited July 2017
    Looked either lost or just plain lazy every time I saw him play. No loss.
  • edited July 2017

Essex_Al said:

Found his performances very frustrating. His finishing was poor and his first touch worse.

Neither manager played a system that suited him and he was wasted out wide but he didnt perform well imho.

Bury have sold a player for 900k and replaced him with a subsidized loan. Good business for them.

We've temporarily moved on a player who didn't suit our formation and freed up some of his wages. OK business for us but again the mistakes of the past hang like a mill stone around our neck.

Educated guess. If they were paying 100% of his wages they might as well buy him.

They have money but are only loaning him which suggests to me that they are getting better value this way ie his wages are being subsidised.
    They have certainly bought in some decent players for this level suggesting money but I read a couple of weeks back their fans are not sure where it is coming from and the club has had some CCJs dropped on it so they will be interesting to watch.

I think it is a shame Ajose did not work out, I think he was a gamble worth making, maybe we over paid on his wages but if he had worked out people would not have complained. How many of those complaining about him being over paid have also complained about us not out bidding rivals for other players this summer. Ultimately every club makes mistakes in the transfer market. Ours were initially amplified by taking very bad advice from the likes of Driesden and then compounded by swapping managers so often we ended up with players not suited to new managers systems.

Anyway, if The Bury storey has a happy ending and they are competing at the top end then with our current squad I don't see us being a natural competitor to them as I think a number of our squad are overrated by fans (Magennis, Bauer, Tex, Watt the obvious ones), others are unproven and not all will work out (JFC, Konsa, Page, Phillips, KAG, Fosu, Aribo, Barnes) and Kashi has been injured for 2 years and may never recover his form.
  • Essex_Al said:

If they buy him, they have to then pay his wages, so why not just pay his wages
  • Numbers said:

Essex_Al said:

Err?
  • Numbers said:

Essex_Al said:

Err?
    Exactly
  • Numbers said:

Essex_Al said:

Err?
    Do they have to pay to loan him? (and then pay his wages or part of), whereas if they buy him ( they pay and then pay his wages), Surely its cheaper for them to loan him