Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welling v Charlton - Match Thread

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
Used to be one of the highlights of my summer, but not been for a few years now. Seem to always have a clash and tomorrow's the same. Generally though, don't have the enthusiasm for it like I used to.

Who is going?

Comments

• Used to be one of the highlights of my summer, but not been for a few years now. Seem to always have a clash and tomorrow's the same. Generally though, don't have the enthusiasm for it like I used to.

Who is going?

This

And Im not going because I understand that we will not let Welling keep all the gate receipts as we have previously. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Is tomorrow when we are playing two games? Assuming one will be the U23's and one the first team or will it be 2 different first team starting 11's?
  • Im going, always make sure i get tovthis least of all to help welling out with some dosh =)
  • I am planning on going.

Anyone know of any pubs in Welling which shows Eurosport? Hoping to watch England under 19s final which takes place at 5pm
  • Is tomorrow when we are playing two games? Assuming one will be the U23's and one the first team or will it be 2 different first team starting 11's?

Playing Bradley Pritchard's Greenwich aren't we?
  • I stopped going a few years ago... I've lost interest in attending Pre-Season Friendlies now

Only watched the games in Ireland because they were on YouTube
  • Haven't missed one for at least 10 years.

Tomorrow is no exception.
  • I am planning on going.

Anyone know of any pubs in Welling which shows Eurosport? Hoping to watch England under 19s final which takes place at 5pm

The Nags Head tends to show plenty of sport

I'll be there tomorrow, 5 min stroll from home
  • Would have gone but I'm off to Ypres.
  • Sponsored links:

• Might have a couple of pints in the Guy, but that will be as close as I will get.
  • First time going to Welling for me, looking forward to it
  • Yep,might take in the Greenwich Boro game as well.
  • I will be there
  • Yep going with @bertpalmer if he is aloud out.

I don't think I've missed one since the late 90's. Always use it as a guide to the coming season & to run the ruler over our new signings (can't forget Miguel Lara's debut performance here - sliced every ball out of play. Also Ajose's hat trick last season - before he was Charltonised)

Usually a boiling hot day & have fun trying to work out who's playing (especially when there are a few trialists) as the tannoy man sounds like he's speaking through a toilet roll tube.
    And running on the pitch after the game!
  • edited July 2017
    Greenie said:

Used to be one of the highlights of my summer, but not been for a few years now. Seem to always have a clash and tomorrow's the same. Generally though, don't have the enthusiasm for it like I used to.

Who is going?

This

And Im not going because I understand that we will not let Welling keep all the gate receipts as we have previously. Can anyone confirm this?
    So Welling will get even less by you not going.

I'm not going after our last 2 pathetic displays and Welling is now a must win game.

Wibble wibble.

Actually psf's are shite. I've never been to one where I've left the ground pleased that I'd attended.

Both kick off at the same time dont they so be impressive if you cant attend both ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    @Baldybonce_JNR
    will be there for his first game without dad.
  • Can't make it as I'm due to go to London with my wife as my daughter's away for the weekend. However, she's out on her leaving do from work tonight so might not be match fit for tomorrow. In which case, I'll be there.
  • from a welling fan;

Charlton charged welling several thousand pounds to send a team down for the friendly. Probably down to the new owners who don't understand that Welling used to let charlton play reserves and youth games at our place when you were at palarse.

I can tell you our fans massively appreciate the support and he visits from charlton fans for big matches and we all hope charlton do well.

used to go every year as a good little drink up to be had but after the recent years i cant be assed tbh, plymouth will be my 1st trip as going to play golf tomorrow - cheers roly
  • the nags head can get a bit assey afterwards, in recent years they've brought in some rules like no trainers after 6pm.

Both kick off at the same time dont they so be impressive if you cant attend both ;)
    :tongue:

I don't think I've missed one since the late 90's. Always use it as a guide to the coming season & to run the ruler over our new signings (can't forget Miguel Lara's debut performance here - sliced every ball out of play. Also Ajose's hat trick last season - before he was Charltonised)

Usually a boiling hot day & have fun trying to work out who's playing (especially when there are a few trialists) as the tannoy man sounds like he's speaking through a toilet roll tube.
    Great stuff - think the tannoy man gave up completely last year. Remember Joe Piggot's hat-trick a few seasons ago. I'll be there again tomorrow.

Nope. 15:00 and 19:45...
    Think the GB game is 19:30 kick off, but I'm splitting hairs here.
  • Really looking forward to being thousands of miles away for this.

Do Welling have any Irish players by any chance ?