Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

50 Million for Kyle Walker!!!

Just been told Kyle Walker has gone to Man City for 50 million , is he really worth being tagged as the most expensive defender in the world , and is he worth it?

If he really has gone for 50 million , is their any way we can get Daniel Levy negotiating Britains exit from the EU , the fellas a genius!

Comments

• Same as that keeper going to Everton for £30m ridiculous money
  • Swansea have rejected £40m for Sigurdsson too
    They want 50
  • Same as that keeper going to Everton for £30m ridiculous money

Jordan Pickford has a lot of potential though, £50m for Walker is just stupid money.
  • Katrien must be looking at this and rubbing her hands. Imagine what she could get for Naby Sarr.......
  • Katrien must be looking at this and rubbing her hands. Imagine what she could get for Naby Sarr.......

• Sponsored links:

• Prices have gone crazy this summer.

Almost makes £89m for Pogba seem decent given he has the potential to be a great player, whereas decent but nothing special players are fetching £50m plus (Stones, Sterling, Walker - Van Dyk at Southampton being quoted at £70m too).

• Bonnuci up for sale for £35m. Only 3 years older.
  • Not even the best right back at Spurs.

It's like that Ringo joke!

"Ringo isn't the best drummer in the world. He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles"
  • Fuck that. Solly is better than him.
  • Really hate what football has become
    They want 50

That's about ten times what we paid for Claus Jensen to put it in perspective
  • Madness....

It's an embarrassment
  • The money PL clubs are making now from TV rights is obscene and the inflation in those is leading to ridiculous transfer fees. Unless the rights start being sold for less then these fees are just going to get more and more outrageous.

Will we ever see a £1billion player? At the start of the PL you would have been laughed out of the room for suggesting a club would get £50mill for an average defender. Who knows where this madness will take us.

It'd be great if a small percentage of these fees went to a good cause, Education, NHS etc. Or a charitable donation.
  • Sponsored links:

They want 50

Neither player is worth £50m, but Sigurdsson is a much better player
    I don't get this - surely they're worth whatever the market says they're worth!? Although the market is clearly insane these days. I don't think we'll ever get back up there unless the bubble bursts.
  • WSS said:

Really hate what football has become

Unregulated money laundering.

Maybe.

Allegedly.
    No Allegedly about it. That's exactly what it is.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Swansea have rejected £40m for Sigurdsson too
    They want 50

I don't get this - surely they're worth whatever the market says they're worth!? Although the market is clearly insane these days. I don't think we'll ever get back up there unless the bubble bursts.
    Walker is especially inflated because City need a RB and English players. It's not as if several clubs are after him!
  • Keep paying your Sky Sports subscriptions lads.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Swansea have rejected £40m for Sigurdsson too
    They want 50

I agree.

But Walker isn't worth £50m.
  • Sheffield United get £9m apparently
  • Keep paying your Sky Sports subscriptions lads.

Cancelled mine earlier this year! Don't have BT either.
  • Sheffield United get £9m apparently

You sure it's that much? I read they get 10% so it'll be 5m.

Think they had a sell on fee for Maguire as well and he just went for 17m