Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First ever Charltonized player?

Who do you recall being the first ever player to come to our club with a great record only to be Charltonized and turn sh*t when playing for us?

Comments

• John Barnes
  • Neil Redfearn
  • Tony Towner
  • Clive Mendonca

*runs off*
  • would have to be an American player if they were "Charltonized"

Now if they were "Charltonised" then Mosky Mills
  • Andy Jones springs to mind, Joe McLaughlin?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure there were more before him but the first that springs to mind for me was Neil Redfearn. Scored loads for Barnsley and was great for them. Came to us and i think he scored about 3-4 goals all season.

To be fair he was about 40 when we spunked £1m on him.
  • Bradley Allen was a bit of a disappointment too
  • edited July 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Andy Jones

Andy Jones springs to mind, Joe McLaughlin?

Jones had only played at (then) Division 3 or below level and we signed him for a club record fee to play in Division one - was a real gamble at the time.

McLaughlin (also a record signing) was absolute toilet. I seem to remember in his first 3 games we didn't concede, after that he became truely Charltonised.
  • sam3110 said:

John Barnes

Barnes is harsh. He did ok in his 12 games (probably only started 5) Had a great game at West Ham and calmed us right down in the 4-3 win at Villa.

• Ralph Milne
  • Gary Poole
  • Simon Francis
  • Not the first, but JFH and his backside.
  • Peter Parsley, 26 goals in 48 appearances for De Grafshaap and ringing endorsement from Underpants Boy. How could it have gone so horribly wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tahar El Khalej - or was he just very pony.

Really . It was dIsappointing that he was always injured but overall I thought he was a really good player.
  • Terry Bulliivant
  • edited July 2017

Ralph Milne

A classic. Good for Dundee Utd, shit for us, then goes to Bristol City and does enough to join Man Utd (and score against us - I think?)
  • Ralph Milne

A classic. Good for Dundee Utd, shit for us, then goes to Bristol City and does enough to join Man Utd (and score against us - I think?)
    And scores against us
  • Ralph Milne

Didn't Sir Alex say that Milne was his worst ever buy? Which is some going seeing as he also signed Taibi and Bebe.
  • For me its a toss up between:

Bradley Allen
    Neil Redfern
    Franny Jeffers

all Curbs signings..........s**t manager !! :smile:

Really . It was dIsappointing that he was always injured but overall I thought he was a really good player.
    He was ok, but I had bigger expectations of him. Jeffers was a disapointment for sure.