Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New First Team Coach announced

Comments

• Funny looking woman? ;)
  • Probably should amend the title to include CAFCWomen or WFC.
  • Funny looking woman? ;)

Ive dated butcher ones.
  • PopIcon said:

Probably should amend the title to include CAFCWomen or WFC.

would have spoilt his fun then
  • As a volunteer and adopted 'Commercial Manager' for the woman's team I'd encourage you to come and see some games this year. The quality of football is really very good :smiley:

It's free to get in if you have a CAFC season ticket and a few pounds if not. To note the women's team are a separate company and entity to the mens if that worries you at all........

I'll shortly be looking for player sponsorship so if that is of interest to anyone please get in contact!

• edited July 2017
    Thats her!
  • Rob7Lee said:

As a volunteer and adopted 'Commercial Manager' for the woman's team I'd encourage you to come and see some games this year. The quality of football is really very good :smiley:

It's free to get in if you have a CAFC season ticket and a few pounds if not. To note the women's team are a separate company and entity to the mens if that worries you at all........

I'll shortly be looking for player sponsorship so if that is of interest to anyone please get in contact!

Charlton Ladies sounds so much better than Charlton Women - can you not get it changed ?

• Sponsored links:

• Also, are they not Croydon Ladies rebranded after we took them over and moved them a la MK Dons ?
  • MrOneLung said:

Also, are they not Croydon Ladies rebranded after we took them over and moved them a la MK Dons ?

edit - no they were just Croydon
  • MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

As a volunteer and adopted 'Commercial Manager' for the woman's team I'd encourage you to come and see some games this year. The quality of football is really very good :smiley:

Charlton Ladies sounds so much better than Charlton Women - can you not get it changed ?

I disagree. I'm quite proud of the fact my club's women's team is named that way, instead of the patronising "Ladies".

Having said that, it's up to the owners, players and (to a lesser degree) sponsors of they want to change the name of the club.
  • The whole game uses Women, i'm not sure as to why/history etc, it;s the Women's Premier league, the Women's FA etc etc.

Anyway, think i need to get @cabbles onto it, my inbox must be broke as it's empty when clearly many lifers have been trying to send me messages desperate to sponsor one of the team...... :wink:
  • Ladies is in no way patronising. Lady is a polite or formal way of referring to a woman.
  • MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

I think Charlton Chicks has more of a ring to it. I'm sure that wouldn't be politically correct though.
  • Why is Charlton Athletic FC called the Men's team then and not the Gentleman's team (as thats the male equivalent to Lady)
  • Sponsored links:

• If you've been watching the Women's Cricket World Cup, Sarah Taylor, the England Wicketkeeper, is always shouting "Come on, ladies!"...

If a "lady" does it, I don't see that it can be considered patronising...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ladies is in no way patronising. Lady is a polite or formal way of referring to a woman.

Exactly, they're not called Woman Boys are they.
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

I disagree. I'm quite proud of the fact my club's women's team is named that way, instead of the patronising "Ladies".

Having said that, it's up to the owners, players and (to a lesser degree) sponsors of they want to change the name of the club.
    Is that supposed to be a serious statement?
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

In all seriousness, it's nonsense like this that gives people the ammunition to ridicule political correctness and detracts from the good work that is done.
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

No. It's an opinion.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    A big Kit Graham fan myself...
  • Rob7Lee said:
    A big Kit Graham fan myself...
    Don't be shy, I sponsored 3 players last year, there's no upper limit :smile:
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Rob7Lee said:

No. It's an opinion.
    ?