Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Preview and Updates - UC Dublin v Charlton Athletic - Pre Season - 12/07/2017 - K.O 19.45

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
3rd game in Ireland

Teams will be made up of several players from the CAFC squad, some will be rested.

Billy Clarke's surname is spelled Clarke with an e.

UCD will be trying to match or beat Limericks result.

In homage to the mighty Limerick.

I started this thread to wind up Henners
A Dublin win could earn some Tenners
So put on a bet
as men run about the wet.
Something to do with Caitlin Jenners

Comments

• Cambridge U's cricket team plays at Fenner's?
  • Which Valencia's best? I say Enner's
  • The third of our trio of Irish games takes us back to the Pall where we will face a team ten years older than ourselves. "The Students" still have direct links to the univesity and still have undergraduates, often from their sporting scholarship scheme, representing them.

Billy Clark and some of the others players yet to get as many minutes such as Josh Magennis may be risked for longer tonight. Kashi, Solly, Fosu, Novak and Ajose weren't available last night due to knocks and it seems unlikely that all will recover. Robinson may try to give Charles Charlie Charles-Cook a longer run out in his preferred midfield slot, perhaps with Anfernee Dijsteel, another youngster who will want more time to impress the boss.

Otherwise expect multiple changes at HT or 60 minutes.

UCD play in the League of Ireland First Division which is the second tier of Eire football. On that basis that should be a harder test than Crumlin and an easier task than Limerick so my prediction is 1 - 1, a result that should satisfy neither the glass half full or the glass half empty camps. The rest of us will see it as an early and so not very significant pre-season result.

UTA

Nice of you to add to my thread Henners
  • It's still gonna be a comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Anybody spotted Elfsborg yet
  • Clarkie surely?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!