Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loughs

edited July 2017 in Not Sports Related
Before it was unceremoniously closed, someone suggested on the Locks thread that Loch Lomond was the largest in the British Isles.

It isn't. That honour belongs to Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland. In fact, Lower Lough Erne is larger too. I just wanted to put that right. That's all.

Comments

• Discussing Lochs on the Locks thread? Poor form.
  • lough out lough
  • He who loughs last loughs longest
  • sorry, but Lough Ernie is short with fat hairy legs.........everybody knows that !!
  • cafcfan said:

Before it was unceremoniously closed, someone suggested on the Locks thread that Loch Lomond was the largest in the British Isles.

It isn't. That honour belongs to Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland. In fact, Lower Lough Erne is larger too. I just wanted to put that right. That's all.

You're 'avin' a Lough.
    Biggest by water volume is Loch Ness.
    Also has the most monsters :wink:
  • Discussing Lochs on the Locks thread? Poor form.

Beats Love Island.
  • cafcfan said:

You're 'avin' a Lough.
    Biggest by water volume is Loch Ness.
    Also has the most monsters :wink:
    Never been on a night out in Lower Lough Erne then?
  • edited July 2017
    Glencar Lough, County Leitrim.

Where the wandering water gushes,
    From the Hills above Glen-Car,
    In pools among the rushes,
    That scarce could bathe a star.”
    – Yeats, The Stolen Child
  • Live, Lough, Lough and be Happy
  • Sponsored links:

• My Favourite.....
  • My Favourite.....

Too soon.

I still miss him so much.
  • but Ness is still a monster Loch
  • edited July 2017
    These are the toughest locks in the world according to my google search

See how you lot like it when you start talking about Lochs and I derail the discussion with pictures of locks.

@MrLargo get over here and tell them some more stories about your Citroen - they deserve it
  • cabbles said:

See how you lot like it when you start talking about Lochs and I derail the discussion with pictures of locks.

@MrLargo get over here and tell them some more stories about your Citroen - they deserve it

Are you sure? Or have you fallen for the good ol' american marketing? You know world famous this, acme that. So much old pony.

Are they rust proof? Rust is the nemesis of most padlocks.

I'd say something like this is streets ahead. (It even has ball bearing inserts to prevent the coke can trick.) lockshop-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/abus-pfaffenhain-padlock-83-80.html

You could use it to secure your boat on a lough.
  • edited July 2017
    The football season can't start quick enough.
  • cabbles said:

As lock would have it, I was locking for a way to fill my last hour in the office!

Apparently the 4 most common categories of lock are deadbolts, knob locks, padlocks and levers.

Funnily enough, "knob lock" was the term my ex-girlfriend used to use when referring to her underwear. I remember on my birthday one year, she stared at me sweetly and said "get your f%cking hands off me, I've got my knob lock on and that ridiculous little thing certainly isn't the key to it! Just go and knock one out in the bathroom, you pathetic tosser!"

She had a real way with words, bless her.
  • I'm not sure about this. Yes to the lock reference, no to the cobbler misappropriation
  • What about Devon Loch?
  • Sponsored links:

• When I recently fitted a new bathroom door, I went all retro and fitted one of these. It looks like I'm living in a public toilet.

• cabbles said:

• cafcfan said:

When I recently fitted a new bathroom door, I went all retro and fitted one of these. It looks like I'm living in a public toilet.

My grandparents had locks like that. Be careful someone doesn't open it from the outside by twisting the "occupied" bit, throw an armful of soaking toilet paper at your face then run off with your trousers. The chances of that will be reduced if you don't live with me but as an 8 year old