Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poll of the week: How many more first team signings do you think we will have made by 5th August?

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
So pre-season starts tonight, and there has been talk of various players, but how many more new players will be in KR's squad by the time we play Bristol Rovers?

Poll of the week: How many more first team signings do you think we will have made by 5th August? 237 votes

8% 21 votes
10% 24 votes
36% 87 votes
26% 63 votes
10% 25 votes
2% 7 votes
4% 10 votes

Comments

• I couldnt make my mind up between 2 | 3 | 4

Yet if Martin and Dasilva rumours are correct that takes two of the slots so reckon about four.
  • I think 3 more including DaSilva and Martin
  • cabbles said:

I think 3 more including DaSilva and Martin

Will Reeves be one of them?

Another reason why I thought four as couldnt make my mind up whether he'll be one of them
  • cabbles said:

I think 3 more including DaSilva and Martin

Will Reeves be one of them?

Another reason why I thought four as couldnt make my mind up whether he'll be one of them
    Not sure about Reeves now mate. I think DaSilva is very close and played for us last season, we def need a keeper so that will be a priority. Reeves fits the bill in that he's a free transfer, but with Holmes, Watt and Clarke, we already have 3 players that could operate in that 3 behind the forward role.

You've also got to factor in Fosu and Marshall as wingers.

I really don't know what position he's looking at to be honest

• Martin, new RB, Dasilva, Reeves, and a winger (maybe Stewart)

• Sage said:

Martin, new RB, Dasilva, Reeves, and a winger (maybe Stewart)

I dont see us looking at a Right-Back and think it would be a waste...

Solly isnt the Defender he was when we won this Division but last season still played just under 30-appearances in the League, you've also got Konsa (whilst we have him) who can play there and fully expect to see Aaron Barnes making the step up
  • Voted 3 but I think 4 is possible.
  • 2, Goal Keeper and Da Silva.
  • Sage said:

Martin, new RB, Dasilva, Reeves, and a winger (maybe Stewart)

I dont see us looking at a Right-Back and think it would be a waste...

Solly isnt the Defender he was when we won this Division but last season still played just under 30-appearances in the League, you've also got Konsa (whilst we have him) who can play there and fully expect to see Aaron Barnes making the step up
    You've kind of talked me into this. I still feel like Solly would do well to have a top class senior footballer competing with him. I think it would bring more out of him, as he has been average the last couple years. But you're right, we have Konsa and Barnes.

I think this might actually depend on our center backs. If we keep one of Tex or Bauer, that would mean we'd have adequate quality of cover at CB should we need Konsa to play fullback. If we lose both, then Konsa and Pearce are first choice for me, and we'd either need another center back or right back to cover.
  • I voted 3, but that depends on who leaves. We do seem top heavy at CB anyway, especially if Sarr stays
  • Sponsored links:

• 3/4 new signings, with some fringe players out on loan
  • with Tex, Saar, Watt, Konsa set to go and three needed already there should be the option for six or more.
  • Assuming Holmes leaves that would be -1.

Shame not to see that likely option in the poll.
  • If we are keeping the majority of the squad then 4/5 players needed I think.

Martin
    Da Silva
    Reeves
    and a striker that scores
  • with Tex, Saar, Watt, Konsa set to go and three needed already there should be the option for six or more.

If that happens I can't see them each being replaced. We don't need 6 centre backs for one thing.
  • I don't see or hear anything about Tex going from anyone linked to the club.

Sarr and Konsa will continue being most likely to be going.
  • Keeper and DaSilva would make us infinitely stronger than last year. One hopes Mag will be back to pre-injury performances but we have no back up for a single striker and are unlikely to get one.
  • Went for 4.

Martin and Dasilva seem nailed on, can see Mavididi coming back and i'm still hopeful of Reeves.

Expecting Sarr, Ceballos and Ajose to leave. Think Konsa will stay 1 more year.
  • 6 or more. Really going for it now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Before 5th August = 2
    By the end of the transfer window = 4

Two or three to leave permanently and a couple more loaned out.
  • If we line up as:
    Magennis
    Marshall reeves Holmes
    JFC Kashi
    Dasilva Bauer Pearce Solly
    Martin

There won't be many stronger starting 11's in the league.
  • 3 for me but if you include Martin and Da Silva i'd say Reeves would be the last remaining target for the first team.

Then it's a case of filling in squad positions and shifting on the likes of Sarr.
  • I'd hope for at least 3, preferably 4.
  • If we line up as:
    Magennis
    Marshall reeves Holmes
    JFC Kashi
    Dasilva Bauer Pearce Solly
    Martin

There won't be many stronger starting 11's in the league.

I'd have Konsa in for Bauer but either way on paper it's a strong team.
  • Put 2, forgot about Martin so 3. Da Silva/Martin + 1 other not really sure could be reeves or someone of that mould. quite happy once we have the first 2 and anything else will be a bonus.
  • Put 2 as that's all I reckon we will get.... need 4 though.
  • Put 2, forgot about Martin so 3. Da Silva/Martin + 1 other not really sure could be reeves or someone of that mould. quite happy once we have the first 2 and anything else will be a bonus.

Along with Hodson (the Rangers full back) it seems they are the 4 KR has talked about.

Will be interesting to see if we bring in 2 full backs. With Page out there's even more reason to.
  • Assuming Holmes leaves that would be -1.

Shame not to see that likely option in the poll.

You been asleep all day?
    Been asleep for most of the last three years of soporific shite to be honest but thanks for the wake up call .
  • 4 in (two out of contract signings, two loans)

1-2 out

that's my guess