Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Highlights DVD

Club never produced one for 15/16 (KM not interested in our history) and assumed one for 16/17 wouldn't be produced either.

Understandable to an extent as not a lot of "highlights" but as a saddo who has got all the end of season DVDs/videos going back a good few years now disappointing to me because I think its nice to have a record of the club's history, good or bad.

Then I saw this on the Q&A to the new Valley Pass:-

What about more recent season reviews?

Season reviews have been produced since the late 1980s, so whilst we recognise the most recent season might not provide fans with the greatest entertainment, it’s important to continue the tradition which is important to many fans. Therefore season reviews for the previous two seasons will be put into production within the next few months.

Anyone know if that means the club is going to produce a DVD of the last 2 seasons or just put the goals on this new Valley Pass?

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I would think the former - they will sell them to people, like you, that want a full set. I can't see people joining Valley Pass just to watch them.
  • edited July 2017
    It's very cheap to produce the physical DVDs - the cost is largely in editing up the existing content in the first place and producing the master. Good news.

The first season review was 86/87 (on VHS), although there are some videos of matches in earlier seasons.
  • edited July 2017
    If they do something like we had with "Championship Goals 2007-09" DVD that would be a lot better then individual ones. They sold fairly well despite being two throughly depressing seasons!

In saying that the bar for what makes a depressing season is considerably lower nowadays.
  • edited July 2017
    And 2006/07 had to be smuggled out as an extra on Pride & Premiership because Pardew wouldn't allow it at the time. Although wtf it had to do with him...
  • And 2006/07 had to be smuggled out as an extra on Pride & Premiership because Pardew wouldn't allow it at the time. Although wtf it had to do with him...

The West Ham 4 nil is the only game Id want to watch again from 06/07, but then I bought the separate DVD for that anyways!
  • CAFCTrev said:

And 2006/07 had to be smuggled out as an extra on Pride & Premiership because Pardew wouldn't allow it at the time. Although wtf it had to do with him...

The West Ham 4 nil is the only game Id want to watch again from 06/07, but then I bought the separate DVD for that anyways!
    It was the West Ham DVD that caused the problem - Pardew felt the title was "disrespectful". By that stage I was doubtful about producing one-off DVDs but there was a view that if we didn't some of the board would complain about a "missed opportunity" commercially. The actual profit was pretty trivial in a PL context.
  • CAFCTrev said:

It was the West Ham DVD that caused the problem - Pardew felt the title was "disrespectful". By that stage I was doubtful about producing one-off DVDs but there was a view that if we didn't some of the board would complain about a "missed opportunity" commercially. The actual profit was pretty trivial in a PL context.
    What was the title ?
  • Hammer Horror?
  • Hammer Horror?

Correct.
  • Did Pardew have that much a pull with things like that when he was manager?
  • Sponsored links:

He was a complete pain in the arse - although much, much more to other staff than me. He was detested at The Valley.
    Pardew was against the annual remembrance for fans and players as he saw it as a negative way to start a game.

He was a complete pain in the arse - although much, much more to other staff than me. He was detested at The Valley.
    Pardew was against the annual remembrance for fans and players as he saw it as a negative way to start a game.
    He'd probably get on very well with Duchatelet. They both like dancing!
  • You'd probably get last season's highlights on a gif.

Strange given that he seemed quite happy for most games to end negatively!