Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017/8 Football Season Ante Post Betting Predictions

Blackburn/Pompey - Dual forecast 28/1
QPR, Stoke and Crawley all to be relegated 134/1

Charlton top 6 at 9/4 is a good price.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    When selecting you divisional winner - consider backing them with an equal stake each week in their matches instead.

You would be surprised at the difference in profit amount, should you be correct.

The figures for Chelsea and Newcastle last season show returns far greater than a simple outright bet on them to win their divisions.

I will be doing this on Pompey for the coming season, who are about 3/1 to win L1.
  • When selecting you divisional winner - consider backing them with an equal stake each week in their matches instead.

You would be surprised at the difference in profit amount, should you be correct.

The figures for Chelsea and Newcastle last season show returns far greater than a simple outright bet on them to win their divisions.

I will be doing this on Pompey for the coming season, who are about 3/1 to win L1.

and the significant increase in losses should you get it badly wrong.
  • When selecting you divisional winner - consider backing them with an equal stake each week in their matches instead.

But surely you would stop backing them if they were in bad form?
  • Why are Pompey one of the favs to go up. They have just come up from years in league 2 and have hardly signed anyone yet? Do they have new owners or something
  • Nicholas said:

Why are Pompey one of the favs to go up. They have just come up from years in league 2 and have hardly signed anyone yet? Do they have new owners or something

Apart from last season, in the previous six seasons a promoted team from league two has finished in the top 6 of league 1. Additionally, they have arguably the most capable manager in the league, Kenny Jackett, and probably are now the biggest team in this division.

• Didn't some rich American who used to be in charge of Disney buy them?
  • Villa, Wigan, Mansfield trixie
  • I've done a lucky 15, Man City, wolves, Blackburn and mansfield
  • I can't see Portsmouth going up at all. Look at Luton in league 2 for an example why, finally clawed out of the conference and expected to walk league 2 only to hit reality and despite some decent finishes never got up.
  • Man city villa Charlton mansfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Possibly going to do
    City
    Sheff w
    Cafc
    Luton

Going to wait a little longer before deciding want to see what they all do in the transfer market first.
  • Are paddypower likely to do the £2 free bet for every goal your bet for prem top scorer gets again this season? That offer is a real bargain.
  • How about lumping on Robinson being first manager sacked? Probably not great odds though :smiley:
  • Man Utd
    Villa
    Blackburn
    Mansfield
  • Why so many fancying Mansfield?
  • MrOneLung said:

Why so many fancying Mansfield?

They've completely changed their squad. Signed some really good players for that level.

Isn't the idea to bet 1/46th or 1/38th each week of your intended stake on them winning the league? So if you'd been intended to put £38 on Man U winning the Premiership, you bet £1 each week on them winning? If instead the OP means put £38 each week on a win bet, then yes, the potential losses are rather large.
  • I gotta feeling Crawley might go up this year
  • Bury seemed to have recruited fairly well, 9/1 or so about them going up may be a bet. Blackburn look really strong though, 5/1 for them to win the league may be a right steal come the season end.
  • Have done a lucky 15 e/w
    A.Villa
    Portsmouth
    Luton
    Salford City
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea to win PL
    Bury promoted
    Mansfield promoted
  • Dartford to win conference south
  • edited July 2017
    always do a couple of silly pre season bets.

millwall relegated/charlton promoted 26/1
    burton relegated/coventry promoted/burnley relegated 20.94/1
    leeds ew ( 4 places ) 16/1
    ew treble all 4 places boro/bradford/swindon 1739/1
  • one profitable tip i did pick up on last year was backing chelsea when playing away match result and btts.
  • Charlton to beat Crumlin United tonight 1/40 with Paddy Power. For us to be 1/40 we gotta be playing against a netball team or something.
  • Can you do the handicap league wins with most bookies?
  • Ive had 50 on villa luton to be promoted and ua to finish in the top 6
  • Nicholas said:

Up the Addicks

Thought you'd had £40000 On to win a grand for a minute