Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Wanderers 1 Charlton U23s 3

And the season has begun.

No idea on team or scorers as behind closed doors.

Rumours that Desilva, Reeves and Mavididi were nowhere to be seen.

Comments

• Thanks @snakedavis

Good to see Recco on the score sheet again.
  • Four trialists then.
  • I know we are away to Whitehawk on the 22/7 but does anybody know of other fixtures we are playing?
  • I know we are away to Whitehawk on the 22/7 but does anybody know of other fixtures we are playing?

I imagine a lot of them will make up the squad numbers for the friendlies against Welling/Greenwich Borough and in Ireland.

Doesn't the under 23 season start two or weeks later than the first team season?
  • Find it odd Charles Cook has not been involved in the first team squads. He looked like one of our better youngsters and capable of league one football in the few games I saw him play in our first team. From what I saw I would rather him than someone like Campbell who is on trial.

I imagine a lot of them will make up the squad numbers for the friendlies against Welling/Greenwich Borough and in Ireland.

Doesn't the under 23 season start two or weeks later than the first team season?
    F*** knows. I am still tring to negotiate the new website for the fixtures.
  • edited July 2017

Charlton starting side was Jordan Beeney, Kenneth Yao, Dan Bowry, Ryan Blumberg, Archie Edwards,
    Regan Charles-Cook, George Lapslie, Louis-Michael Yamfam, Brandon Hanlan, and two trialists.
    Subs were: Ed Harvey, Recco Hackett-Fairchild, Taylor Maloney, Joe Cummings, Alfie Doughty, Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu, and two trialists. All subs played except Ed Harvey (Gk). All trialists names withheld. Goals scored by Brandon Hanlan, 1 own goal, and Recco Hackett-Fairchild.

This is getting ridiculous now. Is our plan to see if we can put so many names on the teamsheet they won't notice we've actually slipped a 12th man into the line up?
  • Sponsored links:

F*** knows. I am still tring to negotiate the new website for the fixtures.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/matches

U23s...Coming soon apparently...
  • Charlton starting side was Jordan Beeney, Kenneth Yao, Dan Bowry, Ryan Blumberg, Archie Edwards,
    Regan Charles-Cook, George Lapslie, Louis-Michael Yamfam, Brandon Hanlan, and two trialists.
    Subs were: Ed Harvey, Recco Hackett-Fairchild, Taylor Maloney, Joe Cummings, Alfie Doughty, Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu, and two trialists. All subs played except Ed Harvey (Gk). All trialists names withheld. Goals scored by Brandon Hanlan, 1 own goal, and Recco Hackett-Fairchild.

This is getting ridiculous now. Is our plan to see if we can put so many names on the teamsheet they won't notice we've actually slipped a 12th man into the line up?
    Driesen probably thinks we're getting two players when double barrelled!
  • Charlton starting side was Jordan Beeney, Kenneth Yao, Dan Bowry, Ryan Blumberg, Archie Edwards,

I think it's wrong we are relying so much on the public school system - look what it did to the Tories. We need some working class kids coming through.
    More to do with break down of public morals with parents living in sin who then give their children both parents name.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
  • Four trialists then.

All went "no comment" ;)
  • edited July 2017

U23s away Tuesday 11th July to Carshalton k.0.19-45. Some involvement at Welling & Greenwich Borough on Saturday 15th July. Whitehawk away 22nd July k.0. 15-00. Tuesday 1st August Telford away k.0. 19-45. Thursday 3rd August V Shrewsbury U23s at Lilleshall K.0. 11.am.

Great stuff there. Short of me being a lazy bugger how did you get hold of the Telford and Shrewsbury fixtures?

Presumably nothing on the 29th?
  • U23s away Tuesday 11th July to Carshalton k.0.19-45. Some involvement at Welling & Greenwich Borough on Saturday 15th July. Whitehawk away 22nd July k.0. 15-00. Tuesday 1st August Telford away k.0. 19-45. Thursday 3rd August V Shrewsbury U23s at Lilleshall K.0. 11.am.

My cousin's boy made his debut for Carshalton last year, at just 16. Not sure he'll be there Tuesday as we have a family funeral to attend. This would have been a far nicer & happier reunion.
  • Find it odd Charles Cook has not been involved in the first team squads. He looked like one of our better youngsters and capable of league one football in the few games I saw him play in our first team. From what I saw I would rather him than someone like Campbell who is on trial.

Who's Campbell?