Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Looking forward to the 2017/18 Season

I have given up my season ticket for the last 2 seasons, joined the protests at matches and also stayed away from most home games.
I have hated what Duchatelet has done to our club. The last few years have been awful but I am now seeing improvements and I am starting to feel the need to get back to the Valley. I like the manager, I like the fact JJ has been given a coaching role and I even like the fact Lee Bowyer is involved. I think we have made some good signings and I feel we could have a good season. The training ground is going to be excellent and our academy is still something to be proud of. I know its not the popular thing to be posting on here but its how I feel. I wont be buying a season ticket but I will be making the journey from Cambridgeshire to the Valley on 5th of August and I am actually looking forward to it

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Good for you.

Hope you enjoy it and Charlton have a great season.

PS you were saying something similar last season too
  • Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Your right and maybe it's summer madness but I really do feel more optimistic, probably my blind love for Charlton I love CAFC and I want it bsck
  • Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Your right and maybe it's summer madness but I really do feel more optimistic, probably my blind love for Charlton I love CAFC and I want it bsck
    I want my Charlton back too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Think you may have a long wait.
  • I'm looking forward to it as well. It's in the blood. Ok, I'll probably be let down but, at this moment in time, I'm looking forward to it. It's been too long since we last played.
  • It's League One , I can't kid myself I'm looking forward to it , our nearest and dearest are laughing at what a shitehouse club we are as they lord it over us in the prem and championship , I can't pretend I'm looking forward to it .
    I really really want it to end with promotion for us , not until that happens can I expect to look forward to a season and even then if this prick arrogant ownership is still in place it's not gonna be easy to look forward to it .
    To those who are , good luck to you and I hope you realise how lucky you are to be able to feel that feeling in spite of the incompetent arrogant clueless owners .

• stonemuse said:

Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Think you may have a long wait.
    I'm being patient. See how patient I'm being.
    imageimage
  • I have given up my season ticket for the last 2 seasons, joined the protests at matches and also stayed away from most home games.
    I have hated what Duchatelet has done to our club. The last few years have been awful but I am now seeing improvements and I am starting to feel the need to get back to the Valley. I like the manager, I like the fact JJ has been given a coaching role and I even like the fact Lee Bowyer is involved. I think we have made some good signings and I feel we could have a good season. The training ground is going to be excellent and our academy is still something to be proud of. I know its not the popular thing to be posting on here but its how I feel. I wont be buying a season ticket but I will be making the journey from Cambridgeshire to the Valley on 5th of August and I am actually looking forward to it

To be fair, that comment could probably apply to fans from about 85 of the 92 clubs at the start of every season.
  • Cricket, Tour de France, Lions tour, Wimbledon and then eventually the Open. great summer of sport. who needs the headache and heartache of watching Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I will go, but without a season ticket. I get little pleasure from it, and don't particularly anticipate much enjoyment this season. However maybe by going some pleasure or enjoyment will gradually return, creep up on me if you like.

I will tend to lose myself in the football during the games, but that makes my internal demand and desire that the team win more acute.

I know there are quite a lot of things I will dislike about the match day experience.

I will dislike the off chance of seeing Cojones, or Meire, or a lot of the people who lord it around the place, i will dislike encountering pugnacious, judgemental and suspicious stewards, I will dislike the exploitation of children by the club, I will dislike the way they announce stuff happening live, in a manner that suits the unimaginative staff, and is impossible to see or hear or follow as events melt into a camouflaged backdrop of random people, I will dislike the menu on offer obviously (don't fecking buy anything then), the overpriced amateurish propaganda programme, I will certainly dislike Brian Cole and I presume Lisa Squires where the crossbar challenge is full of patronising manipulation, followed by a randomly selected surprise prize of two seats for a forthcoming match, I will dislike club staff culling folk from public events if they wear a protest shirt or black and white scarf.

I will dislike my feeling (yes very probably irrational) that my club that I have supported loyally for years actively hates me because I am old, argumentative, challenging and questioning. I will dislike the feeling I get (yes very probably irrational) that the club wants unthinking docile easily exploited and manipulated 'young' fans.

I will also remember the huge amount of effort and expense I, along with others, put in to the campaign and return to the Valley, and I will watch on in disgust as the anniversary is hi-jacked and used as a propaganda cash cow whilst those who really made it happen are sidelined if not forgotten altogether.

Good. I am glad that's off my chest.

Lucky for you, if that's all you've had in your life to worry about!.
  • Cricket, Tour de France, Lions tour, Wimbledon and then eventually the Open. great summer of sport. who needs the headache and heartache of watching Charlton.

I do unfortunately
  • Covered End I still go with my boys using the cheapest of options in the Family Stand but I can't bring myself to buy them a kit or a mascot package and those lifetime memories I'm prepared to sacrifice (more fool me) than give those divvy owners a penny more than I have to because it won't sit pretty on my Charlton conscience.
    We all have different levels of what we think is right to do .
    My boys will all be Charlton fans (it's that or live on the streets for them)
  • seth plum said:

I will go, but without a season ticket. I get little pleasure from it, and don't particularly anticipate much enjoyment this season. However maybe by going some pleasure or enjoyment will gradually return, creep up on me if you like.

I will tend to lose myself in the football during the games, but that makes my internal demand and desire that the team win more acute.

I know there are quite a lot of things I will dislike about the match day experience.

I will dislike the off chance of seeing Cojones, or Meire, or a lot of the people who lord it around the place, i will dislike encountering pugnacious, judgemental and suspicious stewards, I will dislike the exploitation of children by the club, I will dislike the way they announce stuff happening live, in a manner that suits the unimaginative staff, and is impossible to see or hear or follow as events melt into a camouflaged backdrop of random people, I will dislike the menu on offer obviously (don't fecking buy anything then), the overpriced amateurish propaganda programme, I will certainly dislike Brian Cole and I presume Lisa Squires where the crossbar challenge is full of patronising manipulation, followed by a randomly selected surprise prize of two seats for a forthcoming match, I will dislike club staff culling folk from public events if they wear a protest shirt or black and white scarf.

I will dislike my feeling (yes very probably irrational) that my club that I have supported loyally for years actively hates me because I am old, argumentative, challenging and questioning. I will dislike the feeling I get (yes very probably irrational) that the club wants unthinking docile easily exploited and manipulated 'young' fans.

I will also remember the huge amount of effort and expense I, along with others, put in to the campaign and return to the Valley, and I will watch on in disgust as the anniversary is hi-jacked and used as a propaganda cash cow whilst those who really made it happen are sidelined if not forgotten altogether.

Good. I am glad that's off my chest.

Lucky for you, if that's all you've had in your life to worry about!.
    I consistently used the term 'dislike'. If you, and others on this thread choose to interpret that as bitterness, misery and negativity and worry then you are free to do so. However you and others are simply wrong.
  • Cricket, Tour de France, Lions tour, Wimbledon and then eventually the Open. Yet another summer of Rubbish sport put together to provide corporate entertainment, give the hacks a jolly or two and fill tv airtime that will have no importance once the football season starts. Thank Fck we've got the headache and heartache of watching Charlton to look forward to .

Fixed it for you
  • Always look forward to the new season , but like Bury last year only takes a few moments for reality to kick in .
  • I haven't been to the Valley for over a year, living in the NW until last December that was easy as there were lots of away games. Now living in North Dorset there are very few away games so shall I go back to the Valley?

I don't like the current owner or his acolytes but don't see the problem with the owner not attending games as a number of owners don't. I like KR even if he does talk rubbish at times but KM I'll never forgive for all the lies and deceit.

Having moved I was originally going to buy a season ticket but now I'll attend a few home matches as Charlton are my team and I don't see why poor management should stop me.
  • It's called pre season optimism and it happens every summer at every club in every sport.
  • Renewing mine.

No great expectations, but cautiously hopeful that last season we 'bottomed out' and that the retention of Robinson + the new coaches will allow us to move on. As of today the squad looks decent enough to compete.

The family have been going to Floyd Road since May 7th 1938 (Charlton Athletic 0 Preston North End 0 Att: 30,053) and after the shambles of the later Gliksten period (1965-1974) and the hiatus at Selhust Pk and Upton Pk (1985-1992) I'm not quitting because we have a remote owner with particular ideas - however much money he has.