Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DIsturbed.....The Sound of Silence.

Absolutely awesome......this guy has one of the greatest voices I have ever heard and he's fairly new to me.
Rarely does one hear such a iconic song bettered by a cover version, but he has nailed this spot on. I have been listening to this on and off for a few weeks now and it still makes the hair on my neck stand up every time I hear it!
Some may disagree.....and I respect that view, but for me the drama and power of this performance is unsurpassed.
See what you think......there's also a brilliant live version.
Sorry, I don't know how to do links.

Comments

• Options
    Along with Leonard Cohen a good track to kill off a bottle of whisky to and be depressed
  • Options
    That's a blast from the past for me. Remember them from late 90s early 2000s

If you want to take it up a notch on the old hardcore for me, you can't beat Mudvayne, Dig
  • Options
    I posted this one in the 'best covers of songs thread' a few months ago. First heard it on Absolute on the way to work one morning and pulled over to Shazam it to see who it was. It's so different from the original and interesting to hear the lead singer talk of how they came to do this version (clip somewhere on youtube)
  • Options
    unreal song, and an unreal voice.
  • Options
    Love the original but this is a fantastic interpretation. It probably sits alongside Jimi Hendrix's version "All Along The Watchtower" as being different but just as good as the writer's version of the song.

Unlike say the brilliant "Hallelujah" which, in my opinion, is infinitely improved by Jeff Buckley as is Johnny Cash's version of the Nine Inch Nails' song "Hurt".
  • Options
    Ooops wrong thread! I thought this was about our CEO when I saw the title.

• Options
    Great version which really changes the feel and character of the song. But for me, nothing beats the S&G original.
  • Options
    Fantastic cover and loved seeing them perform it live at the O2 a few months back.

What makes it even more astonishing is the fact that they are actually a very heavy band out of the metal genre and rarely delve into anything like this.
  • Options
    Agree it's a fantastic cover and probably preferred even to the original (which I love). They were joined on stage by Myles Kennedy and sang this as a duet, which is also superb.

https://youtu.be/H3By4DZyTNM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great version. If you dig out the live version on Connan, what a voice that fella has!
  • Options
    Totally brilliant version, love it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Totally brilliant version, love it.

Just played it again, a song that is stunning at full volume.
  • Options
    Was doing the rounds on Facebook a while back. Instantly added to my iTunes playlist. As said above, stunning at volume
  • Options
    It's made my day reading these posts....fantastic knowing that the knowledge of and pleasure re this song is so widely acknowledged by others.