Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poll of the Week: Ricky Holmes (SIGNED NEW CONTRACT TO 2020)

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
Straight forward Yes or No

Do you think Ricky Holmes will still be a Charlton player at the end of this transfer window?

Poll of the Week: Ricky Holmes (SIGNED NEW CONTRACT TO 2020) 409 votes

Yes - Still at Charlton
53% 218 votes
No - Elsewhere
46% 191 votes

Comments

• I've gone with no but I fecking hope I'm wrong
  • Depends on whether we get Reeves.
    I don't think we will so I reckon Holmes will stay
  • I think Holmes will stay. Reeves plays in a different position so I don't understand why it's one or the other.
  • 50:50 so far...
  • I think Holmes will stay. Reeves plays in a different position so I don't understand why it's one or the other.

Wages
  • Confirmed chance to play in Championship will tip balance as will upping the transfer will to Duchatelet.
  • Can't see him moving up north, so unless someone like Brentford go for him, I don't see him leaving.
  • Gone by the end of January

Wages
    So we can only afford one or the other?
  • Sponsored links:

• He's staying.

If he was off I genuinely believe he would have left by now and not travelled to Ireland.

Wages
    http://www.castrust.org/2017/07/david-joyes-salary-cap-protocol-not-a-problem/

Wages
    So we can only afford one or the other?
    Unless we can offload tex or Sarr
    Probably yes
  • Voted no,only because,if a firm offer is there,K & R wont resist...really hoping he stays tho
  • edited July 2017
    Sage said:

He's staying.

If he was off I genuinely believe he would have left by now and not travelled to Ireland.

The opposite. If he was staying he'd had signed the new contract by now. Its been sitting on the table for weeks so whats the delay ? As in the immortal words " either shit or get off the pot". As usual there won't be any action and then on Aug 30th he'll leave & we'll be up shit creek again.
  • Went with heart over head here. Please stay Ricky!
  • I voted no. I also think if he was staying, he would've signed the new contract by now. I believe the reason he hasn't gone yet is because the two clubs are still haggling over a transfer fee.
  • If he were going to be a guaranteed starter in the Championship then I'd think he would go, but I don't really see that happening. Sheff Utd. want him but I'm not entirely sure where he'd play there given they played a lot of 3-5-2 last year and he's not really a wingback. Other clubs are in for him apparently, but I doubt the difference in money will be huge between us and the bottom of the Championship.

I suspect he'll stay. I think we'll want too much for him. If we add another couple fullbacks we should be right up there for promotion, which I think will be good enough to get another six months out of him. Come January, if he's having another blinder of a season, more clubs will probably be in for him but the price will also have gone up. All bets would be off then. But yes, i think he'll stay this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• We should put a 2 million price tag on his head to scare people off , I'm convinced he's a goner, given the histrionics of the regime thus far.
  • Deal agreed in early June but parties agreed to postpone public announcement until last possible moment.
  • LenGlover said:

It's all about the money.

If an acceptable offer comes in he'll go.

This.
    He's a headless chicken sometimes anyway.
  • Deal agreed in early June but parties agreed to postpone public announcement until last possible moment.

Makes no sense whatsoever as the buying club and manager would want their player integrated and part of what they do as soon as possible. We also wouldn't be paying and using his place in Ireland if that was ever to happen.

He is staying, I am confident on that.
  • Sage said:

Deal agreed in early June but parties agreed to postpone public announcement until last possible moment.

Makes no sense whatsoever as the buying club and manager would want their player integrated and part of what they do as soon as possible. We also wouldn't be paying and using his place in Ireland if that was ever to happen.

He is staying, I am confident on that.
    I read that as his new contract deal was agreed. But I am an optimist so could well be wrong!
  • there is a reason why Sheff Utd are still interested, they will have had encouragement from one party or another to keep up their persuit
  • cor blimey the poll is as close as Brexit :open_mouth:
  • there is a reason why Sheff Utd are still interested, they will have had encouragement from one party or another to keep up their persuit

And thos parties are probably Wilder and Ricky's agent
  • Scoham said:

I think Holmes will stay. Reeves plays in a different position so I don't understand why it's one or the other.

Wages
    http://www.castrust.org/2017/07/david-joyes-salary-cap-protocol-not-a-problem/
    How can they calculate player trading since they're always undisclosed?
  • sam3110 said:

there is a reason why Sheff Utd are still interested, they will have had encouragement from one party or another to keep up their persuit

And thos parties are probably Wilder and Ricky's agent
    the fact he hasn't signed an improved contract is in itself telling