Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Auto Electrician

After some advice or recommendations please...
I have an electric window stuck open on my car. I'm in the SE London area.
Are there any auto electricians on here or does anyone know of one ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Wait for loads of winding up posts.
  • After some advice or recommendations please...
    I have an electric window stuck open on my car. I'm in the SE London area.
    Are there any auto electricians on here or does anyone know of one ?

Thanks in advance.

A shop opposite East Greenwich Fire Station at Charlton.
  • Perhaps you just need a new door switch ?

My control for all four windows on the driver side, had 2 of the 4 switches broken.

A new panel from the dealer was something like £350.

I spoke to my local garage, bought online from a breaker that he recommended and it cost £10.
  • It could electrical or mechanical. If you can't hear the motor turning and you have already check fuses. Pull out the switch and if you only have 2 cables, link them out with ignition on to prove the switch may or may not have failed. If the motor is turning it maybe mechanical and the gearing may have stripped.
  • Anything to do with windows is a pane.
  • A certain "mod" will look into it...
  • There's a place on well hall, almost opposite westmount road.

Could be motor or switch, you can switch a switch! over from the other side to test it. Motors normally start to go slow first before packing up, could also be the window has come off the runner.
  • Thank you all ( even the puns !).
    I called into Holloways Electrics - the one suggested above - opposite Charlton fire station. It's temporarily fixed and they'll sort it properly when I'm back from a break this weekend.
  • I'd get a switch and motor from a breakers where you can damage their door panel while working how to get it off correctly. 90% Bound to be one of the two. Unlikely to be difficult to do either but Youtube it first.