Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greenwich & Bexley Hospice Fundraiser @ The White Swan Saturday July 22nd (tonight)

edited July 2017 in Not Sports Related
A Fundraisier for Greenwich & Bexley Hospice at The White Swan pub Charlton Village will be taking place on Saturday July 22nd.

Venue - The White Swan Pub, Charlton Village Se7 8ud

Date - Saturday July 22nd

Pub opens from 12pm-1am

Free Entry

Real ale Festival as well as food, Vegetarian option also available throughout the day.

Large garden area with pop up bar and Barbecue.

Hospice stall.

Line up, bands will start at 6pm with each band playing a 45 minute set,headline act will finish @ 11pm

Getting the music underway we have.

Jimmy & the Poor Boys - Blues, Rock 'n Roll

Jon Hunt - Original upbeat/pop songs

Martyn Kingsmill - Good old fashioned Rock 'n Roll

Transmission Control - Playing the songs of Joy Division/New Order

The 2 Percent - Ska

Hope to see you there.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Really looking forward to this, and hoping we can raise a whole load of cash for Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, to help them in the wonderful work they do in our community.

Should be a fantastic day, hope to see as many lifers there as possible.
  • edited June 2017
    Looking forward to playing at this one with The Poor Boys, and to help support an excellent charity.
    Do come along and help raise a bit of dough.
    See you there
    Cheers
  • Looking forward to this .Have seen one off the acts in London afew weeks ago love the music.
  • I'll be there
  • Will try and get down there, which one is your band @Greenie ?
  • I will be there at some point, might not be for the bands though, too old now!
  • Will try and get down there, which one is your band @Greenie ?

Jimmy and the Poor Boys, mate.
    We play at 6pm, would like to stay after to see other bands but we're playing another charity gig in Kent at 8pm the same night !
    Hopefully get to say hello to some other addicks at the Swan!
  • Looking forward to this
  • edited June 2017
    Would those arranging it like a signed CAFC shirt to sell/raffle?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm supposed to be at a 50th but I think I'm going to cancel. Was such a good night last year and this is a great cause. Am going to gather more troops.

Note to self: dont start so early this year.

• Curb_It said:

I'm supposed to be at my 50th but I think I'm going to cancel. Was such a good night last year and this is a great cause. Am going to gather more troops.

Corrected for you B ;)

I'll pop along to this as well, a great cause, they were fantastic when my Dad went in there.
  • @badger Do you think we can get the brewery to do another few barrels of Roland's Ruin. It was very popular last year.

• Not long now though Mehmet. Sadly.
  • Curb_It said:

Not long now though Mehmet. Sadly.

11 months for me :(

• Curb_It said:

@badger Do you think we can get the brewery to do another few barrels of Roland's Ruin. It was very popular last year.

I will certainly ask and report back.
  • Thanks Dom. Still got a load of Roland's Ruin beer mats. Been wondering what to do with them!
  • Curb_It said:

I'm supposed to be at a 50th but I think I'm going to cancel. Was such a good night last year and this is a great cause. Am going to gather more troops.

You're gonna cancel your 50th? Does this mean you'll be 49 forever?
  • The Hospice will have a stall in the Pub garden on the day and will be selling Raffle tickets to fundraise for the event.

If anyone has anything that they would like to contribute to the raffle please send a pm to myself with details.

Thanks.
  • Bump.
  • Sponsored links:

• If there's anyone unable to attend this event but who'd nevertheless like to make a small donation, I've set up a Just-Giving page which you'll find here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-barnes8

Thanks
  • Music due to start at 17.45 (not 17.35).

Hope that's not being too presumptuous @Greenie - thought a slightly earlier start would give us a little more leeway as the evening progresses.

Hope to see as many lifers there as possible
  • Just used this flyer to tweet out a bit.
  • Music due to start at 17.45 (not 17.35).

Hope that's not being too presumptuous @Greenie - thought a slightly earlier start would give us a little more leeway as the evening progresses.

Hope to see as many lifers there as possible

No Worries mate, we'll be there for about 5pm anyway to do couple of bars for a soundcheck, really looking forward to it, its gonna be a busy day for us, we.ve got another charity do in Kent at 7-45pm........

http://staceyssmiles.org.uk/index.php/event/gig4smiles-2/

Any lifers at the Swan come and say hello.......!
  • Anyone know if there will be food in the evening? The flyer says BBQ lunch.
    Trying to get the kids to come and they will need food as the real ale doesn't appeal to them.
  • I think the bbq is from mid afternoon into early evening. I'll check and post here later.
  • edited July 2017
    We will be playing this one on Saturday and because its a charity do, we will be playing mostly covers, it gives us a good excuse to play some of the stuff that has influenced us.
    We will also play a couple of originals from our usual set which are on our latest CD. We will have some for sale on the day and all proceeds will be donated to the Greenwich & Bexley Hospice.

So do come along, kick back, have a listen and raise some dough for this excellent charity.

Cheers
  • bbob said:

Anyone know if there will be food in the evening? The flyer says BBQ lunch.
    Trying to get the kids to come and they will need food as the real ale doesn't appeal to them.

The bbq will be available from midday until about 8pm on Saturday
  • edited July 2017
    always nice to put some faces to names, so look forward to seeing a few peeps off here tomorrow. Hope you are all prettier than @DaveMehmet :-)

Aim to get down for 6ish.

Anyone else fancy popping down for a few beers and supporting this good cause?
  • edited July 2017

always nice to put some faces to names, so look forward to seeing a few peeps off here tomorrow. Hope you are all prettier than @DaveMehmet :-)

Aim to get down for 6ish.

Anyone else fancy popping down for a few beers and supporting this good cause?

Get there before 6pm, @Greenie 's band, Jimmy & the poor boys start their set around 5.45pm, and they are damn good, - not to be missed