Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite item of Charlton memorabilia

Prompted by the George Best thread and discussions on him not signing autographs and if he was better than Pele I thought I would post my favourite piece of memorabilia.

Whats yours?

Comments

• I think it was that silver cigar case! ;-)
  • Brunello said:

Prompted by the George Best thread and discussions on him not signing autographs and if he was better than Pele I thought I would post my favourite piece of memorabilia.

Whats yours?

Pele signing a team Sheet with Marcus Bents name on! I think he scored in that game? (Bent not Pele!)
  • I used to have a piece of the valley turf, taken at the last game, before we moved to sellout park.

Sadly it died, a bit like our club at the moment.
  • JamesSeed said:

I think it was that silver cigar case! ;-)

Funnily enough we've got one of those in the museum
  • I have a fairly large collection of Charlton (and football generally) memorabilia accumulated since the early 1960's.

Possibly my favourite is a signed photo of Eddie Firmani, dedicated to me and posted to my home by the great man, after a girl I was at art college with saw him cutting his front lawn one Sunday at his home in Beckenham.

She approached him and told him about this mad Charlton supporter she was at college with, Eddie asked her for my name and address and Bingo!

This was 1967 shortly after he had become manager.

Great player, great man.
  • I have a full squad signed shirt of the 2004 team - Murphy, Rommedahl, D Bent, Curbs, Powell etc etc...
    A shirt signed by Killer.
    And I was featured in the Fan Focus section of the programme in 2004.

Very pleased with all the above.
  • I've got a couple of black square plate things that dad and I nabbed from The Valley in 88 or so. They were used for the score board thing that showed the scores from other games. Not particularly great to look at, but reminds me of when we went into the dilapidated ground, and it's a nice memory.

Also, Steve Brown's shirt (the Inter Milan design) from the Dagenham replay.
  • A signed shirt from the season we ran the 'open' training session at the valley... and pictures of my mum at Wembley with Charlton colours on and having an awesome time.
  • The museum has a few of my bits but I've still got one of the swords from the top of the old gates. I've got loads of signed programmes, mainly from the 80's but two favourites are one with a pic of Simonsen on the front page signed by the man and Kevin Keegan's from when we played Newcastle (his last game in London). He was one of my heroes, along with James Hunt and Killer.

• Sponsored links:

• The museum has a few of my bits but I've still got one of the swords from the top of the old gates. I've got loads of signed programmes, mainly from the 80's but two favourites are one with a pic of Simonsen on the front page signed by the man and Kevin Keegan's from when we played Newcastle (his last game in London). He was one of my heroes, along with James Hunt and Ron Jeremy.

• My dad's programme and ticket from the 1947 cup final. Also, ticket (sadly no programme) from 1946.
  • Bolton v Charlton programme, 21/9/65 sign by KP.
  • This

That must have been some throw to reach there. Must have come from the upper tier.
  • Brunello said:

Whats yours?

For collectors of sport and music autographs, I reckon this must be top of the tree.
  • TEL said:

This

Proper rascal :smiley:
  • I was at the Barnsley 6-0 game. Immediately after the game I purchased another copy of the programme and the teamsheet.

The next week I got all six goalscorers to sign the front of the programme, and the teamsheet signed by the entire squad on the day plus the signature of Chris Powell.

These are now framed and proudly on display in my flat.
  • The Cardiff at home postponed programme from 2008 is treasured, there were only 55 produced by the printers by the time the game was called off.
  • Sponsored links:

• My MESH shirt signed by the 98/99 team with Mendonca 10 on the back, and my match worn Jason Euell shirt (black AllSports one) signed by him, both framed.

Plus a panoramic framed photo of The Valley from 04/05 taken from the East stand, and on the back the 13/14 squad have all signed it.

Although they're all at my parents house still.
  • Not my item (Part of the late Colin Holland's collection) but a 1947 FA Cup Final programme signed by all 11 Charlton players plus Jimmy Trotter. No back cover to it (replaced by a copy) and the original front cover has come away.

However a rare item, which I do have an interested buyer for it. All money to the Greenwich and Bexley Hospice.

I do have another copy of the 47 programme as well. All intact and in good nick. Looking for £150 for that though.
  • The pants that Rhoys Wiggins wore against Carlisle for the promotion match.
  • edited July 2017

I was at the Barnsley 6-0 game. Immediately after the game I purchased another copy of the programme and the teamsheet.

The next week I got all six goalscorers to sign the front of the programme, and the teamsheet signed by the entire squad on the day plus the signature of Chris Powell.

They were until 20 mins ago when I burgled you. Don't worry though I left your "special" DVD's and box of Kleenex.
  • I was at the Barnsley 6-0 game. Immediately after the game I purchased another copy of the programme and the teamsheet.

They were until 20 mins ago when I burgled you. Don't worry though I left your "special" DVD's and box of Kleenex.
    SSSSShhhhh
  • stonemuse said:

This.

You don't even have to say it.......I've no doubt we lost to The Spanners!
  • My On Stage access all areas yellow badge from the first Who concert.......Henry is desperate to get his hands on it!
  • stonemuse said:

This.

Do you have any spare copies of the programme?
  • stonemuse said:

This.

You don't even have to say it.......I've no doubt we lost to The Spanners!
    We lost to the Spanners in the final. Harry Cripps had just joined us and missed a penalty against them.