Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

StPancras To Euston

Any one know how long to walk fro St Pancras to Euston

Comments

• Just get a tube
  • 10-15 minutes I would guess
  • 10 minutes walk. I think there is a signposted way that avoids walking along the Euston road and instead goes past the back of the British Library
  • 10 minutes walk. I think there is a signposted way that avoids walking along the Euston road and instead goes past the back of the British Library

This
  • Definitely 10 minutes and no more.
  • It's an easy walk, far easier than tubing it.

• 10 mins walking slowly
  • To tube it, you would have to walk to kings cross, then to underground platform -buying a ticket if you need to - then waiting for a train then exit the station. This is going to take longer than walking if it all goes perfectly!
  • It's less than 10 minutes between the front of he stations.

10-15 minutes if you count getting off the train and into the next one.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's less than 10 minutes between the front of he stations.

10-15 minutes if you count getting off the train and into the next one.

Depending on what line you have got off from as well.
  • edited June 2017
    10-15 mins at average pace.

If it's you Derek and you give the impression that you may not be speedy, I'd say 15-20.

My wife would do it in about 25.
  • Thanks to every one.The reason for asking is last year I nearly fell down an Escalator and its made me a little nervous about going on the undeground.Iam 74 and will have trolly/luggage and a camera case round my neck,so probably will take a bit longer.
  • The line will be from sittingbourne,platform 11.It is a long walk to kings cross and then to the underground.
  • Run it and it'll be quicker than walking
  • As it happens I did that walk yesterday and less than 10mins and much easier than tube - quickest to exit St Pancras on to Midland Rd, walk along Brill Place/Phoenix Road then enter Euston station next to the M&S.
  • I have to catch a train from Euston at 11.30,so do not want to get lost.
  • Derek1952 said:

I have to catch a train from Euston at 11.30,so do not want to get lost.

Much easier to just walk along the main road. I hope you're going somewhere nice. Have a good trip.
  • newyorkaddick.Looking at google Maps it looks very straight forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Staying with friends in Carlisle,and then on to StAndrews for a few days.
  • Be careful coming out of St. P, I'm guessing if the train is packed (they usually are) then take your time. There is a lift down from th platforms to the concourse as well.
  • 10-15 mins at average pace.

If it's you Derek and you give the impression that you may not be speedy, I'd say 15-20.

My wife would do it in about 25.

My wife would be quicker than that - very few shops on that section of the Euston Road!!
  • Derek1952 said:

The line will be from sittingbourne,platform 11.It is a long walk to kings cross and then to the underground.

A nicer route I always use from those platforms to Euston is out the back of St Pancras, so come down the escalators or stairs and head left as opposed to doing an about turn and going towards kings cross.

Walk down past the toilets, you will come out of a rear door and will find yourself under cover, walk out past the security barriers, cross the road, there are signs pointing you towards Euston. Then just follow that road straight up, cross the road at the end and aim left and as someone above has mentioned, you will trot up the stairs and enter the little plaza by marks and Spencer. Far nicer walk than people dodging in Euston road especially if you have luggage trundling behind you
  • Another alternative is the bus. Not so good for going as it involves crossing Euston Road, but a good option for your return journey (assuming you are coming back the same way) as there is a frequent service leaving from directly outside the front of Euston Station.
  • Thirteen minutes according to Google.

But how anyone could post something about a 13 minute walk in the "Not Sports Related" category beats me. 13 minutes of walking, non-stop, is a full aerobic workout as far as I'm concerned.
  • Much quicker to walk! Very easy indeed.
  • Derek1952 said:

Much easier to just walk along the main road. I hope you're going somewhere nice. Have a good trip.

Derek1952 said:

It was not so easy for you getting to Marylebone last August!!!!!!!
  • I did not go to Marylebone last August!
  • Derek, if you walk slower than a fit 25 year old and are pulling a case, you need to give yourself a good 20 mins.