Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Excellent... Good luck to them both

Love how she works at the London Transport Museum - Thats what you call a real enthusiast
  • They were featured on BBC Breakfast this morning, mental but lovable.
  • Some one should make them honary honorary Addicks
  • These two do some fantastic videos on YouTube. Look up Londonist, well worth a view.
  • edited June 2017
    pilchard said:

These two do some fantastic videos on YouTube. Look up Londanist, well worth a view.

• bobmunro said:

pilchard said:

These two do some fantastic videos on YouTube. Look up Londanist, well worth a view.

Chortle, guffaw etc.....
  • Good luck to 'em. £10k in fares though - is there no sort of rover ticket they could get?
  • Sponsored links:

• Elfsborg would do it in 2 weeks
  • clb74 said:

Elfsborg would do it in 2 weeks

You mock but I'd be well up for this.

I have always fancied visiting every tube stop in a day. The record is 16 hours +
  • clb74 said:

I have always fancied visiting every tube stop in a day. The record is 16 hours +
    Is that for the same number of stops that there are now? Sounds tight.
  • clb74 said:

Is that for the same number of stops that there are now? Sounds tight.
    Probably not including the DLR.
  • clb74 said:

That's a bit more of you the tube one about £15 you'd still set up a gofundme account for it
  • I love the quote "We are treating it like a 9-5 job and making sure that we get a decent amount of time away from the railway, otherwise we might go mad"
  • I love the quote "We are treating it like a 9-5 job and making sure that we get a decent amount of time away from the railway, otherwise we might go mad"

I see they're used to the antics of Southeastern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely it'd be more fun trying to do it without buying a ticket?
  • Do they have to get off the train at every Station for it to count? - Or can they just take a quick snap from the train window?
  • Do they have to get off the train at every Station for it to count? - Or can they just take a quick snap from the train window?

All you have to do is pass through. It would take a life time otherwise.
  • edited June 2017
    That was a feel-good story. Great stuff. It must be costing a fair few bob. I'm guessing there's no such thing as a network wide monthly pass?
    Edit: there is! It's called an All-Line Rover Ticket and valid for either 7 or 14 days. With a "Two Together Railcard" it's £491.70, otherwise £745 for the 14-day pass.
  • cafcfan said:

That was a feel-good story. Great stuff. It must be costing a fair few bob. I'm guessing there's no such thing as a network wide monthly pass?

I'm pretty sure in the article it said there was....
  • Few questions.
    1. How did they raise £38k via crowdfunding?
    2. Is Old Trafford Station the nearest station to a football ground?
    3. Why would anyone pay £745 for a National Rail's All Line Rover tickets? Surely it's cheaper to fly. It's £311 for a Japanese version and that includes bullet trains, bring back British Rail!
    4. Can we have less train posts?
  • How long does the £745 all rail river line last for? A week?

• On a recent show they mentioned a bloke who has bought the cheapest possible annual season ticket available on BR, from Ryde Pier to Ryde Town or some such. This entitles him to various generous Gold Card privileges (sadly, though, excluding psychiatric help).
  • How long does the £745 all rail river line last for? A week?

2 weeks.