Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The General Election - June 8th 2017

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

That extra £1bill could be used to plug some of the public sector funding gaps all over the UK. The tories' political games are getting worse and worse. At least they aren't putting any peace processes at risk

Aren't they?

By siding with only one of the two protagonists in the peace process they abrogate their duty to be rigorously impartial.

And that plays into Sinn Fein's hands. They could (quite rightly) object to talks with the UK Government on the basis that their Northern Ireland political opponents are part of that government. But we don't know what Sinn Fein will do. And therein lies the problem...

We are now waiting to see how Sinn Fein reacts to the UK Government announcement. And that's a sentence I never wanted to see, ever again.
    :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sorry, just heard this on the news - what is the population of NI, divide by a billion (apologies if repeating someone else )
    Edit : 1 billion divided by population = ?
  • Options

Osborne is like the cat that got the cream at the moment. Forgotten that he was part of what caused this mess
    Except he was in line to be PM after Cameron who said 2015 was his last election, probably feels that boris and gove and co knifed him in the back. Heard he and may don't get on either. He's absolutely loving this.
  • Options

Sorry, just heard this on the news - what is the population of NI, divide by a billion (apologies if repeating someone else )

• Options
    Chizz said:

Ta :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Chizz, what is the population of NI - 1M ? - 100,000 each ? - 1,000,000 each ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I billion is 1million million. That is 1,000,000,000,000 - How many people actually voted for the DUP?
  • Options

I billion is 1million million. That is 1,000,000,000,000 - How many people actually voted for the DUP?

Twelve
  • Options
    This problem was caused by not enough people voting labour.

• Options

This problem was caused by not enough people voting labour.

Or too many
  • Options

The population of Northern Ireland is c 1.811m
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The population of Northern Ireland is c 1.811m
    I think you should change your name, Chizz - to Siri.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A UK used to be a million million until common sense prevailed. It's a thousand million following the American lead.
  • Options
    Do we have anything in our constitution/rule of law that forbids this sort of bribe
  • Options
    Sentences totalling 307 years were passed on 12 men who stole £2.6m in used bank notes after holding up the night mail train travelling from Glasgow to London in 1964.

Sorry I'm just trying to get a sense of scale here.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Do we have anything in our constitution/rule of law that forbids this sort of bribe

Misappropriation
    In criminal law, misappropriation is the intentional, illegal use of the property or funds of another person (me and all the other taxpayers) for one's own (The Conservative and Unionist Party) use or other unauthorized purpose, particularly by a public official.

Malfeasance
    The performance by a public official of an act that is legally unjustified, harmful, or contrary to law; wrongdoing (used especially of an act in violation of a public trust).

Regrettably neither would hold up in court.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Misappropriation
    In criminal law, misappropriation is the intentional, illegal use of the property or funds of another person (me and all the other taxpayers) for one's own (The Conservative and Unionist Party) use or other unauthorized purpose, particularly by a public official.

Malfeasance
    The performance by a public official of an act that is legally unjustified, harmful, or contrary to law; wrongdoing (used especially of an act in violation of a public trust).

This is yet another shitfest of a decision by this regime. Are they in direct communication with Katrien and Roland?

Am I going to see Karel frayere partnering David Davis in Brussels in the next few months
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Misappropriation

Malfeasance

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/23/contents

Interestingly it does apply to employees of The Crown. ;-)

It really is the sort of thing we'd dispair at in many African regimes.
  • Options
    Not only the Conservatives on here but Conservatives anywhere - how can this possibly be justified? As a long term vote losing strategy/party reputation damage it is like the Lib Dem coalition agreement times a billion. This could destroy the Conservatives in the long run, it's so brazenly wrong.