Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How was Vettel not disqualified today?

Still trying to work out how Vettel got away with his reckless actions today. Then no apology at the end of it!!!! Great race though!

Comments

• Great race. Vettel imo should have been disqualified.
  • Vettel did nothing wrong...

...in his opinion.
  • edited June 2017
    The actual incident was minor - could have happened to anybody but driving into another car as he did was completely out of order. Could have led to a suspension failure later in the race. I wouldn't be surprised if the F1 authorities look at this again. Drivers have had one race bans for less in the past.
  • Markg2004 said:

Vettel did nothing wrong...

...in his opinion.

"What did I do that was dangerous?" Hahahahahaha
  • Is further punishment still possible? Wouldn't they have announced an investigation by now.
  • Should have had the guts to face Hamilton - would have been the icing on the cake watching that fight!
  • He had 3 points added to his super driving licence.
  • that sort of thing happens every day on the M25
  • The actual incident was minor - could have happened to anybody but driving into another car as he did was completely out of order. Could have led to a suspension failure later in the race. I wouldn't be surprised if the F1 authorities look at this again. Drivers have had one race bans for less in the past.

I thought it was an accident, cos I swerve all over the place when I look out a side window. Surprised he didn't say that afterwards regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great race. Shame that the Force Indias crashed and Massa went out as it was all happening between them and Vettel.
  • edited June 2017
    sam3110 said:

No way did he intend to do it, his hands are all over the place gesticulating at Hamilton, and he's too busy looking over at him to fully be in control of his car.

I love watching the F1 on Sky but by God are our pundits aggressively pro Brit at times, if Vettel brake checked Hamilton like that they'd sing a slightly different tune (they'd still say he's in the wrong, but I'd bet Herbert and Hill would try and justify it)

As for the race, Stroll has got a lot of stick from people so far in his career but his last 2 races suggest there's a talent there

He hit Hamilton and accused him of 'break testing' him when the data shows he didn't. Hamilton's revs did not change as he went around the corner.

Vetell got it wrong. And instead of putting his hands up to a mistake, he decided to use his Ferrari as a weapon and deliberately turned into Hamilton.

Hamilton's plea to the race officials that a ten second penalty was not enough was fully justified.

• The data clearly shows Hamilton did nothing wrong so I don't see how people are still defending Vettel and saying he did.
  • sam3110 said:

No way did he intend to do it, his hands are all over the place gesticulating at Hamilton, and he's too busy looking over at him to fully be in control of his car.

I love watching the F1 on Sky but by God are our pundits aggressively pro Brit at times, if Vettel brake checked Hamilton like that they'd sing a slightly different tune (they'd still say he's in the wrong, but I'd bet Herbert and Hill would try and justify it)

As for the race, Stroll has got a lot of stick from people so far in his career but his last 2 races suggest there's a talent there

What a load of bollox pal!
  • Why was Vettel not disqualified? Because he drives a Ferrari!

Exactly. Politics of F1
  • 3 more points on Vettele licence and he's banned for a race. I wouldn't bet against this happening, the FIA are trying hard to add drama to F1.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    You know Vettel did wrong here, in every post race interview when asked about hitting Hamilton's car he would answer about being grown men. Never once did he acknowledge what happened and would talk about Hamilton's break testing. He has shown flashes like this before on the radio, especially last season when Ferrari were not on the pace.

Unacceptable behaviour from the 4th time world champion.
  • 3 more points on Vettele licence and he's banned for a race. I wouldn't bet against this happening, the FIA are trying hard to add drama to F1.

Would have to be an incident in Austria for this , 2 of the points are wiped out at Silverstone.
  • I wonder if the stewards decision is final with the stop go + 3 penalty points or could the FIA sanction Seb further?
    Can't remember seeing anything quite like that before in F1 , complete and utter headloss from Vettel .
  • MarcusH26 said:

3 more points on Vettele licence and he's banned for a race. I wouldn't bet against this happening, the FIA are trying hard to add drama to F1.

Would have to be an incident in Austria for this , 2 of the points are wiped out at Silverstone.
    Yes, it's a 12 month rolling thing.
    I'm surprised his team management didn't tell him to either shut up or admit he made the mistake, although I would have thought a 29 year old man could behave like a man and not a 9 year old without the need of advice from others.
  • MarcusH26 said:

3 more points on Vettele licence and he's banned for a race. I wouldn't bet against this happening, the FIA are trying hard to add drama to F1.

Yes, it's a 12 month rolling thing.
    I'm surprised his team management didn't tell him to either shut up or admit he made the mistake, although I would have thought a 29 year old man could behave like a man and not a 9 year old without the need of advice from others.
    Definitely . Absolutely bizarre interviews afterwards as if nothing had happened at all. A bit Schumacher esque.
  • One thing annoyed me about this and I know its a not totally related to this post, is why are journalists, or the media reporting a 10 second penalty (added at the end of the race) when it was clearly a 10 second stop and go penalty, which is different.
    On the post, the authorities saw Hamilton's data so Vettel should now get points on his licence or a race ban.
  • Surprised by Vettel's behaviour - thought he was above that.
  • Don't understand all the fuss surrounding F1. WTC and BTC is more exciting. For skill and commitment World Superbikes, British Superbikes and the IOM TT Beats it hands down.
  • sam3110 said:

Are you being serious?
    You think a professional driver just lost control because he had one hand on the wheel?
    And if he's not able to fully control his own car in any situation he shouldn't be allowed on the track.

You completely ignore the fact that vettel should be nowhere near that close to Hamilton under the safety car, and how he then speeds up alongside Hamilton.
    It's petulant, dangerous, and he should have been black flagged but wasn't as he drives for Ferrari.

As for sky being 'pro brit' I did laugh a bit at that. Especially the 'aggressively' bit. Anyway...
    Any driver as quick or consistant as Hamilton deserves all the praise he gets. He's world class.
    Try watching it on German TV!

Although this time even the German TV pundits were saying it was wrong, uncalled for and that Vettel was lucky to get away with 'only' a 10-second penalty.