Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stone Roses to tour again

Comments

• Options
    They've gone from being a band with a bit of mistique to being a cash generator now. Compare their crap support this saturday to the last time Oasis played Wembley when they had Kasabian , the Enemy and Reverend and the Makers supporting.

Unless they finally get their arses into gear and finish that new album I won't be going to see them again.
  • Options
    Like most music fans I love the first album, but has any band in history had such a long and deep following having written so few tracks?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    TelMc32 said:

cheers @TelMc32 regarding timings.

No worries mate. Got it from a colleague who is going on a corporate day. They were amazed when I turned it down...but I'd prefer to go, pay and enjoy myself!! :wink:
    haha and the fact it doesnt clash with any big tip games as that is nearly in full season ey @TelMc32 :smile:
  • Options
    If anyone needs a ticket let me know as my brother can't make it now.

Cheers.
  • Options

If anyone needs a ticket let me know as my brother can't make it now.

Cheers.

Hi mate, have messaged you

@The Organiser
  • Options

Anyone going to the pre or post parties? Pre on a boat and post at 229 the venue (near great Portland st)

Have tickets for Crystal Club on South Way (round the side of the stadium) which is being promoted as another official pre and post gig venue. Not sure if I'll use them yet, but it's just to have as back up for a beer afterwards while we wait for the tube crowds to go down.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

They've gone from being a band with a bit of mistique to being a cash generator now. Compare their crap support this saturday to the last time Oasis played Wembley when they had Kasabian , the Enemy and Reverend and the Makers supporting.

Unless they finally get their arses into gear and finish that new album I won't be going to see them again.

Bit harsh on Sleaford Mods, although TBF I have my doubts as to how they will translate in a stadium. Will still get there early enough to see them though.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    TelMc32 said:

Anyone going to the pre or post parties? Pre on a boat and post at 229 the venue (near great Portland st)

Have tickets for Crystal Club on South Way (round the side of the stadium) which is being promoted as another official pre and post gig venue. Not sure if I'll use them yet, but it's just to have as back up for a beer afterwards while we wait for the tube crowds to go down.
    This is the one...

• Options
    Smashed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw them in a stadium - in the bar under the long defunct Wilderspool Warrington Rugbly League Club's stadium. The Charlatans supported - one of their first ever gigs. Its a concert etched in my mind, can still close my eyes & be there now - it was March 89 the band were about to release their first slbum - saw them a few times afterwards inclubing Spike Island - but that 89 gig was like a star burst of energy and the sound, what a band!
  • Options
    Stone Roses at Wembley last night.
    Absolutely brilliant, probably the best gig I've ever been to and I've been to hundreds.
    I can't remember a better one.
    Ian Brown's voice was really good, just like the old days.
    The stadium was rocking from start to finish and I've never seen so many and so many different coloured hand held "flares". Utterly brilliant 11/10.

PS Sleaford Mods - wtf 0/10 one geezer ranting & swearing for half an hour, whilst a Roger Johnson look a like, stands behind him, literally doing nothing.
  • Options
    It was epic. The finale of I Am The Resurrection made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Looking down on the standing section as the lights swept backwards was a sight to behold.

As already said Ian Brown's much maligned voice was brilliant last night.

Don't think I've ever been to a gig with such a good vibe. From the first chord of I Wannae Be Adored the place went off. The volume of some of the sing a longs were unreal.

Brilliant brilliant night.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

This is the one...

Northside were a great band. I bumped into Dermo at the bar after a gig at the T&C Club in 91 and got him to sign the ticket.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Absolutely loved it. From the tube out, which was packed with people from all over the country, to the cooling pint in the Novotel, before the pre-gig party at the Crystal Club. The place was packed and the tunes just blasting all away, with Roses and every Hacienda/Manchester classic you could think of.

Only saw Blossoms of the support groups. Know a few of their tracks and they played the crowd well with a medley of other peoples tracks, bizarrely including Last Christmas (did I imagine that??) which was actually quite funny.

Then The Stone Roses. Just, bloody stunning. I was quite close to the front and the atmosphere was stunning. Old gits like me, who've been here before and kids who weren't even born when that album came out...and every single one of us singing along to every single song. They've taken some stick over the years for their live performances, but I thought that was just superb.

Back to the Crystal Club after, only for 22 year old nephew to tell his 50 year old uncle that he's shattered and wants to head home. No stamina these youngsters!! :wink:

Brilliant day/night/morning :smiley:
  • Options
    Cracking day and atmosphere. Old, young north and south and such a better vibe than Heaton Park for example where it was just kicking off everywhere.

Although the Jeremy Corbyn chanting on Wembley Way after was a bit much.

Do people really pay money to see Sleaford Mods :)
  • Options

Although the Jeremy Corbyn chanting on Wembley Way after was a bit much.

:lol:
  • Options
    Brilliant gig one of the best I've been to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved it and still feeling it tonight!

A massive improvement on 2013 Finsbury Park.
  • Options
    Reports that the band have broken up again after tonight's gig at Hampden.
  • Options
    Rumour came out during the week. Wasn't expecting full on tours or even a new album. The 2 new singles from last year seemed more & more like that was it as the months went by and they didn't even include Beautiful Thing in the set.

Would be disappointed if that is it though. The gig in Dublin last year and Saturday night at Wembley were both great nights and there's a whole new generation coming through who love them as much as me.
  • Options
    Brown went at Reni with a hammer a couple of weeks back apparently .
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Well I don't think they could ever top the Wembley gig last week. So at least they went out on a high.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ian-brown-hints-stone-roses-split-2093421
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Where did that come from?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

buckshee said:

Where did that come from?
    B&Q
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I just watched Spike Island on iplayer. A film about 5 teenage boys from Manchester who are desperate to see The Stone Roses in concert in 1990. Decent viewing for fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04lllrm/spike-island
  • Options

I just watched Spike Island on iplayer. A film about 5 teenage boys from Manchester who are desperate to see The Stone Roses in concert in 1990. Recommended viewing for fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04lllrm/spike-island

Went to the premier of this , thought it was a preview screening until I got there and had to walk the red carpet!